Please rework Nemesis and make them a proper killer
I do not mean make him above A tier or buffing him. I want him to actually fit the lore much more than what he is in dbd as of right now.
Normally reworks are a scary idea, but I feel like Nemesis could use one to make them feel more unique and not like a gremlin. He feels so boring to play as and against but I sit through it because I love the Resident Evil franchise. But, what happened to him feels like a travesty.
There are so many ideas that could make Nemesis unique and amazing, him being this hulking behemoth would be great or having his virus play much more of a role than making it where zombies and tentacles hurt. He feels so lackluster and frustrating, in other words, just genuinely sad to see my favorite antagonist like this.
There are a few people I saw on the forums who suggested ideas for Nemesis and they were interesting. (Excluding the Rocket Launcher. As fun as that would be... No.)
@DwarvenTavern said:
This is primarily for fun and not actual suggestions, it's more of a "what if" scenario. Nemesis is supposed to be the best killing machine known to mankind, yet in the realm of the of the entity he feels rather lackluster.
Now, he isn't bad at all, it just feels as if he could have been more unique than just a strong looping counter. What I'm thinking is what if Nemesis has more options to deal with people than just whip and rng.
So, these are just silly ideas I had in mind that would never happen, but I figured I would bring out these ideas I had since I have a lot more free time now.
So, here is my first suggestion.
Before you read any further. These ideas will most likely be incredibly stupid haha, so keep that in mind. I suck at game designs.
Aggressive T-Virus infection
With this idea, Nemesis doesn't infect survivors with his tentacle anymore. How they would go about the tentacle is up to debate, I'm trying to think of it myself.
But, how the infection would work now would be based off infecting survivors who were put in the dying state. Kinda similar to how The Pig puts traps on survivors who are dying, Nemesis would pick up survivors and infect them with a much more severe version of the T-Virus. This infection would build up over time like Plague's infection, but it would be much more severe.
Survivors who get infected with this they would act normally, until they hit infection stages.
The first one is 25%. When they hit this stage, survivors will occasionally cough. Zombies will be attracted to the coughing that the survivors emit. They also have a low chance for any skill checks to become just a good skill check with no chances of a great skill check chance. Zombies aggression is better alert and speed towards sick survivors.
At 50% they will be coughing more often which will cause zombies to grow more attached to the survivor, in addition skill checks are now always good skill checks with a small chance of them receiving a difficult skill check. (Like hook skill checks.)
75% is where it gets dangerous. Survivors constantly cough which causes zombies to be extremely aggressive towards incredibly sick survivors, zombies then glow yellow when they lock on to survivors who are 75%. Lastly zombies will prioritize incredibly I'll survivors over other survivors until the survivor leaves the Zombie's aggression range.
100% Infected. Skill checks will now become overcharge skill checks when it comes to healing, survivors who are 100% infected will always alert the zombies when they run and Zombies will chase these survivors. Lastly, when a survivor gets hit by a zombie they'll instantly be put into the dying state immediately.
Vaccines don't instantly cure the virus immediately like they used to do, instead they will cause the infection to slowly regress until they are fully recovered. Running causes the vaccine to work very slowly, walking allows it to work at normal speed, crouching walking is fast, crouching standing still works faster, and hiding in a locker is the fastest recovery.
The time below is how long it would take to drop a tier if we're assuming a survivor is exactly at 100%
A survivor's Vaccine injection will never run out, but their infection can be boosted up when they are hit by a zombie, the amount of infection they receive is based off how little infected they are. The less they are infected, the bigger the boost. When survivors are hooked, their Vaccine will pause. When their infection is gone, the vaccine will then finally end and the survivors would need to inject it again if they were to get reinfected.
Running = 120 Seconds
Walking = 90 seconds
Crouch walking = 70
Crouching = 40
Locker = 20
In addition to this new power, there would be addon reworks as well. Here is an example.
https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/0KO6L0CQV73A/screenshot-20211030-133941-chrome.jpg
This is the original S.T.A.R.S. Field Combat Manual. It's pretty lack luster.
https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/7RNVWBOT8SRF/screenshot-20211030-134149-gallery.jpg
Here is the reworked S.T.A.R.S. Field Combat Manual. Zombies would be incredibly scary to deal with when caught in a very bad position.
As for Nemesis' alternative power, I like the idea of the tentacle, so I wondered if this would be a better idea.
Lashing Tentacle
The tentacle doesn't mutate The Tyrant anymore, but instead it lashes around and multi hits multiple survivors. If a survivor is already hit during this lash they will not be hit again. Finally, towards the end of a Lashing, the tentacle will strike down with extreme force which will break pallets and walls instantly. I'm not sure what else this tentacle can do without causing extreme issues, I like the idea of it and it being scary.
This is just a rough draft I have, I always loved the Resident Evil franchise, but Nemesis made me a bit sad when I saw them in action. I was hoping for more. What do you think they should do?
https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/34PIZX3IHR23/screenshot-20211030-135459-chrome.jpg
In addition, when Nemesis infects a dying survivor, he would do this animation.
this is a discussion I made in the past, this is just a general idea I have.
I want Nemesis to feel more like him or the Virus actually be like the virus. Pyramid Head actually got his role extremely well and his power fits him perfectly. How or why did Nemesis get the short stick of a bland generic power. It actually feels more bland than old Freddy and old Freddy was just a M1 killer who made things feel unique.
I just want Nemesis to actually feel like himself instead of this
Comments
I agree that Nemesis needs an actual fitting power. The tentacle was the easiest and worst route because of its simplicity. I would actually love the rocket launcher idea. It could travel at the speed of an uncharged hatchet. Thing is you can only spawn one rocket launcher and get only a couple of shots with a small explosion radius. It could work like plagues corrupt vomit.
He just needs something that feels like Resident Evil. But dbd and RE play so differently it's hard to do that within the game. One is a slow while the other is intense and fast with tons of gunplay. They don't really mesh well but I'm still glad we got the cross over.
The Nemesis we got in DBD was honestly a disrespect to Resident Evil and Nemesis. It just doesn't feel like Nemesis at all, feels more like "big man with tentacle." For instance, it would've been cool if Nemesis got a dash of some sort.
That's fair, no I get that. I guess that's why they made Nemesis like this, but realistically... they could have done a lot.
Nemesis could be the only killer in the game that can just body slam through a breakable wall without getting stunned. I feel like smaller things like that would make him more interesting
I've been using the Blighted Serum dash and he feels so much better....
When I remember that I have the serum haha
With Blighted Serum or kicking treat pumpkins on him, it feels really natural tbh.
But yeah sometimes I forget that I even have the add-on, you're not alone lol.
Nothing is more embarrassing than trying to pull out your tentacle to infect someone and you just body slam into the wall full force
Yeah, I wish he had this or a mini oni blood rush he could use for mobility to capitalize on zombie info.
Exactly. Just little things that make him feel more like himself instead of a copy cat
As long as we keep the weighty punch. It's one of the most satisfying things in the game to actually punch something and have a fluid animation that feels hefty.
Oh yeah, his attack animation is perfect. They should not change that