Actually intresting legion buff idea.

Ok so you read the title and I am going to assume you have high expectations. so lets get into this!


NEW: Passive power.

I have wanted to say this for so long but I have been planning on how to balance this out and here it is finally.

their passive power will be basically adding 1 legion to the map every 2-3 minutes. so Frank, Susie, Joey and Julie. (the legion) will slowly form and within 8-12 minutes of the round the whole crew will be there. now, what will they do? now my idea is to make them have a terror radius so that the survivor is always on edge (can rework iridescent button if this removes its purpose) however, this terror radius will NOT trigger star struck. it will only trigger star struck in your terror radius. and if you get too close to them they will hit you. however, they will not chase you. they will walk around the map. and if you run into them then bad luck.


Frenzy

No changes needed, I think this is perfect as it is. apart from 1 detail. which is to make the deep wounds timer a bit lower. but in compensation nerf the respective add-ons to make them less add-on reliant.


REWORKED Iridescent Button:

I Think this should have the ability to down survivors in your power but if you do so your power is disabled for 90 seconds. it will take 6-8 hits to down them as well.


Please let me know your thoughts. I would love feedback. I spent ages trying to balance the downing in power thing but I'm not sure if it would work out.

Comments

  • Omg that's a horrible idea, you want that much pressure on the maps with 3 additional free hits? oh please don't nemesis would be already op with 3 zombies

  • @lavars said:

    Omg that's a horrible idea, you want that much pressure on the maps with 3 additional free hits? oh please don't nemesis would be already op with 3 zombies

    did you read the whole thing? if your a good survivor u can end games faster than 8-12 minutes. the aim to make legion punish survivors. you get punished for wasting time, which means. Don't waste time. and I said they don't chase you if you come into melee range (lunge) they will attack you. but they wont take notice of you. even if they hit you. and if you would have read it instead of replying so quickly u would see its not really that broken. maybe iridescent button but not too sure bout the passive power. seems fine in my opinion.

  • I think having multiple A.I's that all run 115% is a bit too much, but it also adds a weirdness to making big problem maps smaller.

    Legion is also a killer who has the easiest time injuring survivors. Zombies can at least be dealt with because they move 25% movespeed.

    Legion needs something, but the last thing i hope for is an AI out play /game and watch mechanic

  • @ShadowNurseZFX said:

    Ok so you read the title and I am going to assume you have high expectations. so lets get into this!

    NEW: Passive power.

    I have wanted to say this for so long but I have been planning on how to balance this out and here it is finally.

    their passive power will be basically adding 1 legion to the map every 2-3 minutes. so Frank, Susie, Joey and Julie. (the legion) will slowly form and within 8-12 minutes of the round the whole crew will be there. now, what will they do? now my idea is to make them have a terror radius so that the survivor is always on edge (can rework iridescent button if this removes its purpose) however, this terror radius will NOT trigger star struck. it will only trigger star struck in your terror radius. and if you get too close to them they will hit you. however, they will not chase you. they will walk around the map. and if you run into them then bad luck.

    Frenzy

    No changes needed, I think this is perfect as it is. apart from 1 detail. which is to make the deep wounds timer a bit lower. but in compensation nerf the respective add-ons to make them less add-on reliant.

    REWORKED Iridescent Button:

    I Think this should have the ability to down survivors in your power but if you do so your power is disabled for 90 seconds. it will take 6-8 hits to down them as well.

    Please let me know your thoughts. I would love feedback. I spent ages trying to balance the downing in power thing but I'm not sure if it would work out.

    maybe make it so that the spawned legions are instead:

    A: Fake (like doctor hallucinations) but they give a scare, activate terror radius perks, and maybe fake a chase (but can't damage)

    B: make it so the fake legions are like a passive dark devotion with visuals. (spawn legion cosmetics and TR on survivors hit by feral frenzy)

  • @WeenieDog said:

    I think having multiple A.I's that all run 115% is a bit too much, but it also adds a weirdness to making big problem maps smaller.

    Legion is also a killer who has the easiest time injuring survivors. Zombies can at least be dealt with because they move 25% movespeed.

    Legion needs something, but the last thing i hope for is an AI out play /game and watch mechanic

    I never touched on the m/s I intend for them to walk around a half the speed of survivors with a terror radius, and they will not focus on you until you go near them then they will hit you, but they wont do anything else. and they cant put you to the dying state and will instead do deep wounds

  • @Bennett_They1Them said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/292729/actually-intresting-legion-buff-idea

    maybe make it so that the spawned legions are instead:

    A: Fake (like doctor hallucinations) but they give a scare, activate terror radius perks, and maybe fake a chase (but can't damage)

    B: make it so the fake legions are like a passive dark devotion with visuals. (spawn legion cosmetics and TR on survivors hit by feral frenzy)

    I don't want to make legion like doctor. my idea is to make it so that legion can actually have some gen pressure with his 3 other legions roaming the map. at 57.5% m/s and I think this is actually a pretty cool change and would make the legion somewhat fun to play against. and its not a guessing game as the 1st legion spawns 2 minutes after the game starts. and survivors see the A.I legions aura for 4 seconds after it spawns

  • @ShadowNurseZFX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2617239#Comment_2617239

    I never touched on the m/s I intend for them to walk around a half the speed of survivors with a terror radius, and they will not focus on you until you go near them then they will hit you, but they wont do anything else. and they cant put you to the dying state and will instead do deep wounds

    I think that having an element of deception to legion would likely be more fun than adding further slowdown.

    I'm not sure. I think having damaging AIs are kind of Nemi's thing, but no killer can disguise as a survivor, or disguise survivors as them.

    your idea has merit, for sure, but I think that acting as a "wolf in the herd" could be more fitting for legion.

    thoughts?

  • @ShadowNurseZFX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2617242#Comment_2617242

    I don't want to make legion like doctor. my idea is to make it so that legion can actually have some gen pressure with his 3 other legions roaming the map. at 57.5% m/s and I think this is actually a pretty cool change and would make the legion somewhat fun to play against. and its not a guessing game as the 1st legion spawns 2 minutes after the game starts. and survivors see the A.I legions aura for 4 seconds after it spawns

    I think my second idea is probably better than my first.

  • @Bennett_They1Them said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2617249#Comment_2617249

    I think that having an element of deception to legion would likely be more fun than adding further slowdown.

    I'm not sure. I think having damaging AIs are kind of Nemi's thing, but no killer can disguise as a survivor, or disguise survivors as them.

    your idea has merit, for sure, but I think that acting as a "wolf in the herd" could be more fitting for legion.

    thoughts?

    I mean yeah, but it kind of is. there are 4 legions when you reach near end game. to be fair u wont get to that point often if you don't stall the game. it also just creates a more fun gameplay mechanic in my opinion. and they cant kill you like zombies can and they wont go for you like zombies do. but yeah. your idea also has merit. I think personally mines better but that is my opinion (and probably bias lol)

  • @ShadowNurseZFX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2617254#Comment_2617254

    I mean yeah, but it kind of is. there are 4 legions when you reach near end game. to be fair u wont get to that point often if you don't stall the game. it also just creates a more fun gameplay mechanic in my opinion. and they cant kill you like zombies can and they wont go for you like zombies do. but yeah. your idea also has merit. I think personally mines better but that is my opinion (and probably bias lol)

    I think there is a chance that we both have some bias about our own ideas... but at least we both agree both ideas are pretty good. ๐Ÿ˜‹

  • @Bennett_They1Them said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2617261#Comment_2617261

    I think there is a chance that we both have some bias about our own ideas... but at least we both agree both ideas are pretty good. ๐Ÿ˜‹

    yeah, maybe they could fuse our ideas together as well, fake chases, and all but if you run into a legion it has a chance to be fake or real creating a fun guessing game. but if this happened, you got put into deep wounds in the healthy state. makes for fun mindgames but not much punishment and honestly can help survivors in cases

  • @ShadowNurseZFX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2617266#Comment_2617266

    yeah, maybe they could fuse our ideas together as well, fake chases, and all but if you run into a legion it has a chance to be fake or real creating a fun guessing game. but if this happened, you got put into deep wounds in the healthy state. makes for fun mindgames but not much punishment and honestly can help survivors in cases

    maybe you could forceswap locations with survivors you've tagged with feral frenzy, making it so that any survivor who's been hit by it could turn on you at any moment?

  • @ShadowNurseZFX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2617239#Comment_2617239

    I never touched on the m/s I intend for them to walk around a half the speed of survivors with a terror radius, and they will not focus on you until you go near them then they will hit you, but they wont do anything else. and they cant put you to the dying state and will instead do deep wounds

    I don't think adding more passive DW stalls adds anything fun.

    What I would try is having a new frenzy state that's lethal.

    Like everytime legion tags someone, they get a boost of speed on top of the power refresh. When they get 4 stacks, the next will down a survivor, but they will also lose the ability to vault pallets.

  • @Bennett_They1Them said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2617272#Comment_2617272

    maybe you could forceswap locations with survivors you've tagged with feral frenzy, making it so that any survivor who's been hit by it could turn on you at any moment?

    i mean thers things on the table

  • ok i have just thought of the greatest idea ever. im making a new thread. pt2

  • @ShadowNurseZFX said:

    ok i have just thought of the greatest idea ever. im making a new thread. pt2

    sweet.