How would you improve zombie pathing for Nemi?

I'm thinking some detection range from behind (at a much smaller range) and something to let them turn around if the game detects they haven't moved for 10 seconds.


thoughts?

Comments

  • I saw Tru3ta1ent suggest this on stream - if a zombie is not chasing anyone and doesn't move for say 10 seconds from a 2 meter radius then it gets killed and that allows it to respawn somewhere else and hopefully be useful.

    Seems and easy to implement plaster fix until a better solution comes.

  • Good suggestions in here. A secondary ability that allows you to look at a zombie aura from afar, destroy it, and then look at a generator aura the closest hook around which the zombie will respawn at is the best solution I think, because it not only lets players identify and solve the issue of zombies getting stuck themselves without BHVR having to create another function in the system that could come with more issues, but it also gives the Nemesis player some control over the zombies, more agency in the round and just a more interesting skill set. If you do not point the zombie toward a generator within its respawn time (at base 12 seconds) it would just respawn at a random hook. There wouldn't need to be a cooldown on this either, I don't think.

    Zombies, Nemesis, his add-ons and perks could all do with a variety of improvements, but this would already go a long way and solve something about this killer that just downright does not work, as zombies get stuck everywhere all the time which they clearly are not supposed to.

  • I wouldn't improve the patching just set a respawn switch if the zombie goes 15 seconds without being blinded or moving

  • Iridescent addon makes Zombies into Crimson heads. Voila done

  • I wouldn't, because this game definitely doesn't need another p2w killer.

  • @Junylar said:

    I wouldn't, because this game definitely doesn't need another p2w killer.

    what? How would fixing a design oversight be unbalanced?

  • Stop deliberately mislabeling blatant buffs into "fixing a design oversight" please.

  • @Junylar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2612835#Comment_2612835

    Stop deliberately mislabeling blatant buffs into "fixing a design oversight" please.

    I mean, I don't want it to be a buff, I just thought that the zombies getting stuck was probably not intentional. I don't mean to make the game p2w, though, honestly.

  • I know! So what you do see is completely remove zombies and add a run and rocket launcher and voila! Perfection!

  • @TheDarkTyrant said:

    I know! So what you do see is completely remove zombies and add a run and rocket launcher and voila! Perfection!

    lol. for sure!

  • If a zombie has not physically moved at all (is stuck in place) then it despawns and spawns elsewhere so it can be useful. Make their hitbox smaller for Nemesis himself as well to prevent extremely frustrating situations where your zombies bodyblock you and lose you a chase or even the match. The only other thing is you have to make sure they don't despawn from standing still due to stuns.