I quit.

Look, i like this game, and im generally not the first dude to be this pessimistic, but for gods sake man, this is not enjoyable.

I already could only run the same 4 perks in the same 2 killers because if i did not this damn game was not enjoyable at all, now that they added even more ways to screw over totems after literally getting a brand new perk only for that. Which screws over half of the perks on that damn build. And on top of that, i cant even play the killers i want with a EVEN WITH a meta build because the devs thought it was a good idea to NERF LOW TIER KILLERS on top of adding 2 new bullshit time wasters. All of this on top of literally removing EVERY GLIMPSE OF A CASUAL MODE IN THIS GAME. I seriously cant anymore, im done.

Comments

  • @ElusivePukka said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2605626#Comment_2605626

    Where, then, are you extrapolating that people aren't successful in leaving the game?

    You've given the same ham-fisted reply to a few "I quit" posts, and there's people who mirror your sentiments.

    I'm probably coming off as aggressive here, but I genuinely want to know where what I see as a self-soothing delusion comes from. The forum isn't the game, and people in threads you posted (and others) said they're sticking around the forums due to friendships they made here. Is that so hard to believe, especially in a forum with pretty active off-topic sections by comparison?

    Some of us have seen players express their disinterest in the game by complaining and bashing it. Some of us have also seen those players say that they have quit the game via a comment or a thread of their own. Only to see them emerge back to trash-talk the game once again.

    It is why at this point these threads alone have become a meme at best. They have no substance, nobody knows who the player is, just another person complaining.

    You are not coming off aggressive, but you weren't coming off genuine at all... not when you start to attack someone's character. Especially when you do not even know them at all. That's not a great start when you want someone to present to you what you are asking for.

    I am certainly not going to to dig through every single thread I have read just to find the proof that you feel you need. I am also not asking you to take my word for it. Though as I said, once you hang around the forums even as just lurking. You recognize names and it is probably the reason why many people are met with "see you in a week". Because they themselves have also seen what I am talking about.

    There is also a very big difference in saying goodbye to your friends, and also trashing the game that you so "hate" in that same thread with (again) zero substance.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2605634#Comment_2605634

    Some of us have seen players express their disinterest in the game by complaining and bashing it. Some of us have also seen those players say that they have quit the game via a comment or a thread of their own. Only to see them emerge back to trash-talk the game once again.

    It is why at this point these threads alone have become a meme at best. They have no substance, nobody knows who the player is, just another person complaining.

    You are not coming off aggressive, but you weren't coming off genuine at all... not when you start to attack someone's character. Especially when you do not even know them at all. That's not a great start when you want someone to present to you what you are asking for.

    I am certainly not going to to dig through every single thread I have read just to find the proof that you feel you need. I am also not asking you to take my word for it. Though as I said, once you hang around the forums even as just lurking. You recognize names and it is probably the reason why many people are met with "see you in a week". Because they themselves have also seen what I am talking about.

    There is also a very big difference in saying goodbye to your friends, and also trashing the game that you so "hate" in that same thread with (again) zero substance.

    I still characterize what you're doing in pushing that narrative of "see you in a week" as dishonest, but with your added perspective I'm not taking it as deliberate. Maybe even 'lazy and dismissive' rather than a lie. It's also not just you - you're just the latest, and more articulate than the rest.

    I'm currently in communities of people who actually quit and people who're boycotting. I've known people who left and haven't come back yet for past issues too.

    The big recent trend in these is airing laundry lists of grievances which, let's be honest, are usually legitimate, even if some are subjective like not clicking with a new system or where to draw the line when it comes to corporate accountability. I don't see how one can sincerely take that trend as a bad thing - especially in a game most people seem to love to hate/hate to love in equal measure.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2605356#Comment_2605356

    The way you frame your post I can't tell you have been playing for that long. Regardless, what you do is what many have already been doing... Crying "I quit" followed by false claims by not understanding the game that you so claim you've played for a length of time.

    How did the new totems screw totem perks? If you're interacting with a hex long enough to create a boon, you very likely would've been able to just cleanse the hex without the boon. So in essence, it is the same thing as cleansing your totem, except it takes longer (14 seconds vs 24 seconds). Not only that but the effects of the Hex still works.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2605358#Comment_2605358

    Which part of what I said was passive aggressive? In fact, quite the opposite actually. If you claim to quit a game but still linger around because in reality we all know it was just a cry for attention.... THAT is very passive aggressive.

    Many of us take breaks and don't feel the need to announce it. I took a break for a month and just came back for the Halloween event. I guess I missed my opportunity to say goodbye to everyone for a month.

    You have no clue on how long i have been playing. I have been playing since the oyramid head update. Over a year. Im ######### tired, and the reason i announce taking a break is not because im just bored of dbe, is because they have deliberately made poor balance changes that make it unenjoyable, is not a burn out thing you absolute jack ass.

  • @ElusivePukka said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2605668#Comment_2605668

    I still characterize what you're doing in pushing that narrative of "see you in a week" as dishonest, but with your added perspective I'm not taking it as deliberate. Maybe even 'lazy and dismissive' rather than a lie. It's also not just you - you're just the latest, and more articulate than the rest.

    I'm currently in communities of people who actually quit and people who're boycotting. I've known people who left and haven't come back yet for past issues too.

    The big recent trend in these is airing laundry lists of grievances which, let's be honest, are usually legitimate, even if some are subjective like not clicking with a new system or where to draw the line when it comes to corporate accountability. I don't see how one can sincerely take that trend as a bad thing - especially in a game most people seem to love to hate/hate to love in equal measure.

    You can look at it as however you want. You think the narrative is dishonest based on your own opinion. I see it as "If it has no substance, it is just another player complaining". Maybe you like to read those type of threads and maybe participate in them as well, I don't know? It is not for me to judge you.

    The problem isn't just the narrative part, it is also the lack of information people lack and attempt to spread because they themselves saw a problem with the game. If I was a new person reading this OP, I would think all totem perks on killer side are just basically a waste (because of boon totems), which is not true. (For reasons I have explained in an earlier post).

    I take any kind of trend where there is more complaining/bashing for the sake of making something trend, a bad thing. I've been both actively defending (where I saw my opinion fit), and also actively not defending BHVR where I thought they were wrong. As many of us have been. You can still have that and not fall into the trend of announcing your departure, because that doesn't do anything for me when it comes to taking your "feedback" serious.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    You're not the only killer who's stopped playing since MMR and boon totems.

    Let's see if BHVR can correct this imbalance, or if the damage is already too far gone.

    MMR was totally fine. I'm enjoying the game substantially more since it was introduced (the weird broken period after the Halloween patch is fixed it's seemed).

    Boons need either a set duration (60-90 seconds) and/or a cooldown timer, to make snuffing them worth the time - and the bugged spots on maps need fixing asap.

  • Boon perks and anti totem survivor builds are only a problem for people who got used to play and get carried by ruin-undying most of the time. Which are a lot since the blight release last autumn.

    Other killers who prefered builds with corrupt-pop and who are able to end their chases quickly dont have this issue that much.

  • I feel like I should make a quitting thread now too.

    I uninstalled several weeks ago, though, so it'd be a bit late.

  • @Miles said:

    Look, i like this game, and im generally not the first dude to be this pessimistic, but for gods sake man, this is not enjoyable.

    I already could only run the same 4 perks in the same 2 killers because if i did not this damn game was not enjoyable at all, now that they added even more ways to screw over totems after literally getting a brand new perk only for that. Which screws over half of the perks on that damn build. And on top of that, i cant even play the killers i want with a EVEN WITH a meta build because the devs thought it was a good idea to NERF LOW TIER KILLERS on top of adding 2 new bullshit time wasters. All of this on top of literally removing EVERY GLIMPSE OF A CASUAL MODE IN THIS GAME. I seriously cant anymore, im done.

    to be fair, considering half your perks were hexes, I am assuming your build was ruin, undying, pop and tinkerer.

    If you need that to hold your own, you've been carried by your perks. The advice there would be to start running perks you want to do and ignore everything that happens in game for about a week to lower your MMR.

    If you're literally running the strongest perks to keep your head up, you're not in the right MMR. I could run the strongest perks consistently on my main, and all I would be facing is survivors who run full meta builds too.

  • @Miles said:

    Look, i like this game, and im generally not the first dude to be this pessimistic, but for gods sake man, this is not enjoyable.

    I already could only run the same 4 perks in the same 2 killers because if i did not this damn game was not enjoyable at all, now that they added even more ways to screw over totems after literally getting a brand new perk only for that. Which screws over half of the perks on that damn build. And on top of that, i cant even play the killers i want with a EVEN WITH a meta build because the devs thought it was a good idea to NERF LOW TIER KILLERS on top of adding 2 new bullshit time wasters. All of this on top of literally removing EVERY GLIMPSE OF A CASUAL MODE IN THIS GAME. I seriously cant anymore, im done.

    Kay, See you in about a week. Lord knows that people who quit always come back. It's a hellhole one seems to not be able escape.

  • @Predated said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/291151/i-quit

    to be fair, considering half your perks were hexes, I am assuming your build was ruin, undying, pop and tinkerer.

    If you need that to hold your own, you've been carried by your perks. The advice there would be to start running perks you want to do and ignore everything that happens in game for about a week to lower your MMR.

    If you're literally running the strongest perks to keep your head up, you're not in the right MMR. I could run the strongest perks consistently on my main, and all I would be facing is survivors who run full meta builds too.

    I started running hexes when going discordance thrilling tremors sbtfl and pop on wraith started to not be enough. I can literally pin point the time when i started running hexes to begin with (besides blood favor), and it was after the release of the resident evil chapter.

  • @SaltyNooty said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/291151/i-quit

    Kay, See you in about a week. Lord knows that people who quit always come back. It's a hellhole one seems to not be able escape.

    hello its been a month, how are you doing

1 2 ›