The tangle hooks challenge is bs

So i have to hook 6 survivors on tangled hooks i do so in one match but only get 2 out of the 6 so it's different tangled hooks.....where does it say that it said 6 TANGLED NOT 6 DIFFERENT TANGLED HOOKS.

Comments

  • Yeah, that was driving me crazy too. Evidently it's bugged. From the "Known Issues" area of the last patch notes:

    • The Killer can only earn 1 point of progress per Tangled Hook for the Halloween Hook challenge.

    Wish that challenge wasn't right at the front of the tome web because it'll take a loooong time with that bugged

  • Yeah, it's obnoxious. Best bet is to bring the seeds, hope survivors also brought seeds, and hope that all the tangled hooks will be in viable locations. Still took me four games, though, and I had to chase some survivors towards weird corner hooks.

  • Tbh, I just afkd in front of tangled hooks and waited for survs to farm. Was boring but I wasn't gonna rip my hair out trying to get it done naturally

  • @musstang62 said:

    Yeah, that was driving me crazy too. Evidently it's bugged. From the "Known Issues" area of the last patch notes:

    • The Killer can only earn 1 point of progress per Tangled Hook for the Halloween Hook challenge.

    Wish that challenge wasn't right at the front of the tome web because it'll take a loooong time with that bugged

    the funny thing is, by the time an update rolls around where it'll get fixed, people will already have completed those challenges or the event will be over and it'll be gone. Whichever comes first.

  • @Laluzi said:

    Yeah, it's obnoxious. Best bet is to bring the seeds, hope survivors also brought seeds, and hope that all the tangled hooks will be in viable locations. Still took me four games, though, and I had to chase some survivors towards weird corner hooks.

    Same. I got 6 hooks on my 3rd gm alone but had 5 after the game. Soon as i activated the challenge seemed like the special hooks spawned next to each other on the side i never seemed to down at.

    I luckily got the last hook my 4th game but only because the bunny Feng triggered me. I was letting her wiggle free so she can escape the trial. When i got stunned from the wiggle off she thought it would be funny to blind me with her flashlight. I politely binded her with chains, downed her, and carried her halfway across the map to a special hook.

    Like i dont even like Feng especially bunny Fengs but decided i would let this one live. Typical bunny Feng had to ruin it.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Time to find one in game, and insidious camp it until a survivor falls into my trap.

    Or iron grasp+agitation until it's done.

    I was thinking about iron grasp and agitation, but since you're only going to have 2 hooks in each game unless you get lucky with survivor offerings and you need 6, it's already a multi-game task and you might as well just bring whatever perks you usually do.

  • It's probably not even intentionally a bug because you also don't get the extra BP for hooking survivors on the same tangled hook. The game treats it like a normal hook after the first time to prevent BP farming. So that's probably why it doesn't count for the challenge.