New Perk: Totem Lock

The perk is such:


For a duration of 100 seconds at the start of a trial, all lit totems are blocked by the entity. Performing a cleanse action on a dull totem immediately lowers this duration by 20 seconds.


Basically just trying to give killers a little totem insurance at the very beginning of the match while also giving survivors a degree of counterplay.

Comments

  • Why do survivor need a "counterplay" for this?

  • @Milo said:

    Why do survivor need a "counterplay" for this?

    Imo it's healthy for a survivor to have potential to affect all of the killer's perks and actions. Nobody should feel helpless.

  • @YOURFRIEND said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2595860#Comment_2595860

    Imo it's healthy for a survivor to have potential to affect all of the killer's perks and actions. Nobody should feel helpless.

    And they don't feel helpless. Atleast, they shouldn't. They know the location of "x" hex and can cleanse it later. This would just put a friendly timer on hexes being active for atleast 1:40. It's not like they will go out of their way to cleanse totems, ESPECIALLY with Boon Totems in the game.

    In short, I just think it's unnecesery addition for this perk.

  • @YOURFRIEND said:

    The perk is such:

    For a duration of 100 seconds at the start of a trial, all lit totems are blocked by the entity. Performing a cleanse action on a dull totem immediately lowers this duration by 20 seconds.

    Basically just trying to give killers a little totem insurance at the very beginning of the match while also giving survivors a degree of counterplay.

    What if the killer uses their 4 perk slots to take up the 5 totems spots? Ruin; Undying; Haunted Grounds; Thrill of The Hunt, etc.

    Theres no "counterplay" in that regard. It would be pretty rough to have to wait 100seconds to cleanse to get rid of ruin and still have to cleanse it twice after that. Good BP for survivors if they do cleanse them all I guess?

    I'm not saying I agree or disagree - just playing devils advocate...

  • @SleepyWillo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/290637/new-perk-totem-lock

    What if the killer uses their 4 perk slots to take up the 5 totems spots? Ruin; Undying; Haunted Grounds; Thrill of The Hunt, etc.

    Theres no "counterplay" in that regard. It would be pretty rough to have to wait 100seconds to cleanse to get rid of ruin and still have to cleanse it twice after that. Good BP for survivors if they do cleanse them all I guess?

    I'm not saying I agree or disagree - just playing devils advocate...

    They the survivors may cleanse the single dull totem and lower the timer by 20 seconds. There's no perk load out that spawns five lit totems.

  • @YOURFRIEND said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2596700#Comment_2596700

    They the survivors may cleanse the single dull totem and lower the timer by 20 seconds. There's no perk load out that spawns five lit totems.

    Three Hex perks with Haunted Grounds actually does.

  • I like the idea, but the problem I see is that blocked totems are harsher on solo survivors than swf survivors. If a swf survivor finds a totem, everyone in that swf knows about the location of that totem from now on. A solo survivor doesn't have that ability, and they might not be able to get to the totem when the timer is up, because they are maybe getting chased, or are on a hook.

    I get that there is already an abundance of perks and mechanics in this game that are harsher on solo survivor than on swf survivor, but I personally feel like no further new perks should add ontop of that, as far as possible.

    Perhaps if survivors were able to interact with a blocked totem, which then reveals the aura of that totem to all survivors, that could work.