The BP grind is just too much
You buy a character, you have no perks for that character yet so you don’t do as well/ don’t earn many blood points, so you have to go back to your old characters that you have all the best perks for and play match after match with them just so you can finally play your new character well
seriously, this is the only online game I can think of that actually punishes you for buying their products, in that you’ll be at a severe disadvantage until you finally grind enough to get the best build for that character
the BP system is flawed and outdated and it’s only going to get worse as more characters are introduced, it needs a complete overhaul now
Comments
While I do agree the BP system needs an overhaul as it's greatly outdated. The real issue is the reliance on perks because those perks are a band aids fix for bad game mechanics that they refuse to fix.
Things like DS and BT to stop tunneling. Ruin and pop to deal with gen speeds and undying to deal with bad totem spawn. Most perks are just Behavior slapping on bandaids so that they don't have to fix their bad game mechanics, and can instead focus on money making things like skins and new characters.
Lot of 1 post today. Where are all these new people coming from?
Don't worry, we get lots of bloodpoint events like Halloween... Oh, wait...
In all seriousness, we will probably get a bloodhunt after this as an apology for half the event being bugged. Lol.
In a perfect world, all perks would be useful and interesting options. Maybe some have some unique interactions with others. Maybe some are way better on some killers than others. But you'd ideally want everything to have SOME value. (Nothing like, say, Gearhead - Hit twice with basic attacks for a 30 second window where survivors who DON'T get Great checks light up their gen until they stop working on it; a perk so wildly mired in limits and restrictions for such a trivial piece of time-sensitive info that it has zero application for any killer, at any time, for any reason. Or, you know, Monstrous Shrine.)
That being said, the Devs DID say the were "working on a solution for the grind," though no indication of what that solution might be, or a time window.
thought I was the only one that noticed.
Yeah the grind needs to be toned down to be less of a headache. And it’s gonna get more painful the more DLCS that come to the game.
It's not a grind, you just need to play more tactical. The problem is that you end up meeting the wrong sort of players that just go in to get a quick win.
If you are a killer then don't camp and don't tunnel. You get more points for going for different survivors and more hooks, even if you lose the game. Use offerings and perks for more blood points.
With a survivor it's a bit harder because you need to rely on your team. You need to heal, save, open chest, do totems as well as gens. Again use offerings.
Also make sure you do the challenges and compendiums, these are an easy way of getting bloodpoints. And don't forget to look online for free codes for bloodpoints.
The ridiculous grind has been a problem for a long time, but the devs haven’t said anything about it for very good reason. They know that the grind makes people spend more hours in the game and thus are more likely to spend money on cosmetics and DLCs. It’s nothing evil or nefarious, just a business decision. It won’t change unless they see player numbers drop too much and attribute the drop specifically to the grind. I hate it too, but I haven’t quit the game because of it (yet) and probably won’t. Sigh…
It’s just frustrating, I’ve only been playing the game a few months and want to try out all these fun builds you see streamers use but can’t as I’ll only have about 5 tier 1 perks for certain characters, then I’ll go against teams with full meta builds just to add insult to injury lol
It's almost like bloody party streamers should be base.
Honestly I'd settle for being able to exchange some of the useless items/addons and offerings for BP at a certain stage. Not all of us are item reliant, or want to use map offerings, not to mention the mostly useless hatch offerings. A set amount of BP exchanged for a collective amount of an item would lessen the sting of having to waste nearly two thirds of BP on stuff some of us will NEVER use just to get to what we actually want to use.
The initial grind to get one good build is a tough one. Three years later and I have 12 characters prestiged to level 3 with all the perks I need. I do kind of enjoy the grind now, but I can see ways it could be improved.
I just do one bloodweb per match (or more when I'm close to the 1 million cap) and play with the perks I happen to have. It's only a grind if you really, really want to get a very specific set of rank 3 perks.