You have a killswitch, use it

Add-on - Video Tape - The Pig

Apparently the rationale is that the bug won't give any advantage to you, just to the other team. There's no warning it doesn't work either, so it'll just lead to these addons being wasted and obviously people are going to want to try it out as it's new.

Perk - Clairvoyance - Mikaela Reid

There's multiple exploits on this one. One of them is pretty funny in all honesty but has a lot of potential for trolling the killer or sandbagging your teammates.

It seems more like BHVR are reluctant to disable them in case they look incompetent for disabling an addon that didn't work even on the ptb and reducing the amount of currently usable new character perks to 1.

Well the playerbase will laugh at you for how buggy the game is anyway so just get on it yeah?

Comments

  • The Killswitch is for a specific thing, it's not to disable anything that's broken. The Video Tape doesn't need to be killswitched.

    Regarding Clairvoyance, depending on what the bugs are that one may need to be killswitched, I'd tentatively agree on that one.

  • I will say is that I agree Video Tape should be killswitched - but not just for the reason you outlined. But for the hacker exploit also.

    I see nothing wrong with disabling an addon that doesnt work for killers and only works for hackers...

    I know hackers would still be able to hack and make life miserable for everyone but no need to make it easier.

    As for Clairvoyance? I hope they keep it as is. Finally a solution to bodyblocking!

  • @SleepyWillo said:

    I will say is that I agree Video Tape should be killswitched - but not just for the reason you outlined. But for the hacker exploit also.

    I see nothing wrong with disabling an addon that doesnt work for killers and only works for hackers...

    I know hackers would still be able to hack and make life miserable for everyone but no need to make it easier.

    As for Clairvoyance? I hope they keep it as is. Finally a solution to bodyblocking!

    Somehow I completely forgot about the cheat involving video tape even though it's happened to me

  • @jesterkind said:

    The Killswitch is for a specific thing, it's not to disable anything that's broken. The Video Tape doesn't need to be killswitched.

    Regarding Clairvoyance, depending on what the bugs are that one may need to be killswitched, I'd tentatively agree on that one.

    Without going into too much detail on how they work one involves getting unlimited use of the usual effect and one involves an additional effect of being able to move other players around with your own character (and shove them down holes or into traps and so on)

  • @Aneurysm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2589303#Comment_2589303

    Without going into too much detail on how they work one involves getting unlimited use of the usual effect and one involves an additional effect of being able to move other players around with your own character (and shove them down holes or into traps and so on)

    Those're probably killswitch worthy, yeah.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    So you tell me, cheaters can abuse this addon? well #########

    Yeah, the traps trigger at the same time they activate so if a gen gets completed every survivor wearing an RBT dies.

  • I don't think looking bad is a large consideration in BHVR's decision-making.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/289994/you-have-a-killswitch-use-it

    Regarding the Video Tape, what I know and realized... people don't really read the news so, even if the addon doesn't work in a lot of my games I've been playing survivor and see this addon used, my people just straight up go to the boxes to remove their traps.

    It's kind of funny ๐Ÿ˜‚

    It's still a coin toss. Me and one other survivor removed our traps while the other two ignored them. Timer ended for one and nothing happened. The other survivor's head popped while I was healing them.

    It could of been because they were being healed but goes to show its not 100% safe.