Camping Penalty?

So I keep hearing "rumors" about a penalty being imposed now on killers camping. I have heard that they lose a certain percentage or number of bloodpoints if they are within a certain range of the hook while a survivor is hooked. However, I have found nothing (yet) to confirm this. Anyone have anything on this or is it just survivors spouting?

Comments

  • @raquelambersantiago said:
    So I keep hearing "rumors" about a penalty being imposed now on killers camping. I have heard that they lose a certain percentage or number of bloodpoints if they are within a certain range of the hook while a survivor is hooked. However, I have found nothing (yet) to confirm this. Anyone have anything on this or is it just survivors spouting?

    this isn't true
    its emblem points which nobody except new players care about anyway
    it actually rewards camping because you can derank easier

  • @yeet said:

    @raquelambersantiago said:
    So I keep hearing "rumors" about a penalty being imposed now on killers camping. I have heard that they lose a certain percentage or number of bloodpoints if they are within a certain range of the hook while a survivor is hooked. However, I have found nothing (yet) to confirm this. Anyone have anything on this or is it just survivors spouting?

    this isn't true
    its emblem points which nobody except new players care about anyway
    it actually rewards camping because you can derank easier

    Thanks. I figured as much. I was in lobby and people kept telling the killer "you camped you lost points for that" im like ummm I have found nothing to confirm or deny this yet and I have google searched up the gazooo and all I found was "suggestions for it"

  • @raquelambersantiago said:

    @yeet said:

    @raquelambersantiago said:
    So I keep hearing "rumors" about a penalty being imposed now on killers camping. I have heard that they lose a certain percentage or number of bloodpoints if they are within a certain range of the hook while a survivor is hooked. However, I have found nothing (yet) to confirm this. Anyone have anything on this or is it just survivors spouting?

    this isn't true
    its emblem points which nobody except new players care about anyway
    it actually rewards camping because you can derank easier

    Thanks. I figured as much. I was in lobby and people kept telling the killer "you camped you lost points for that" im like ummm I have found nothing to confirm or deny this yet and I have google searched up the gazooo and all I found was "suggestions for it"

    keep on playing how you want to play, don't listen to survivorbabies

  • @raquelambersantiago said:
    So I keep hearing "rumors" about a penalty being imposed now on killers camping. I have heard that they lose a certain percentage or number of bloodpoints if they are within a certain range of the hook while a survivor is hooked. However, I have found nothing (yet) to confirm this. Anyone have anything on this or is it just survivors spouting?

    The emblem points you lose because of camping are minimal. I hardly ever do hard camping, but in the few games where I spent long time around a hooked survivor and not in a chase, emblem details showed -1 or -2%. So it's not a big deal.
    As it shouldn't be. Camping has its advantages occasionally. And like yeet said, play any way you want: you're playing AGAINST survivors, not FOR them. Anything that's not cheating, lagswitching or extreme trash talking in endgame chat is cool.

  • Plus if the survivors are within 8 meters the penalty dont activate
  • It affects your emblem.

  • They’re telling the truth. Staying within 16 meters of a hooked Survivor will remove points from the Chaser Emblem, not your Bloodpoints (meaning it will be harder to rank up). Staying within 8 meters will increase the penalty. The penalty is not in effect when a Survivor is within 16 meters of the hook (this includes downed Survivors, but not hooked ones, so you will get penalized for hooking two Survivors near each other), you are in a chase, there is only one Survivor left, or when the exit gates are powered. 
  • @yeet said:

    @raquelambersantiago said:

    @yeet said:

    @raquelambersantiago said:
    So I keep hearing "rumors" about a penalty being imposed now on killers camping. I have heard that they lose a certain percentage or number of bloodpoints if they are within a certain range of the hook while a survivor is hooked. However, I have found nothing (yet) to confirm this. Anyone have anything on this or is it just survivors spouting?

    this isn't true
    its emblem points which nobody except new players care about anyway
    it actually rewards camping because you can derank easier

    Thanks. I figured as much. I was in lobby and people kept telling the killer "you camped you lost points for that" im like ummm I have found nothing to confirm or deny this yet and I have google searched up the gazooo and all I found was "suggestions for it"

    keep on playing how you want to play, don't listen to survivorbabies

    I was actually playing survivor in that but the killer was kewl in that match. Only reason he camped the other three survivors was they were being toxic flash lighting him constantly and I just stayed on event and gens and let them fight it out.....TIll the end game chat and it was like ummm no u guys flashlighted him, if I wass on killer I would have camped u were for that. I don't see many "nice killers" in game Fair killers YES lots this one was nice and he was fair, gave them a shot till the flashlighted him.

  • @George_Soros said:

    @raquelambersantiago said:
    So I keep hearing "rumors" about a penalty being imposed now on killers camping. I have heard that they lose a certain percentage or number of bloodpoints if they are within a certain range of the hook while a survivor is hooked. However, I have found nothing (yet) to confirm this. Anyone have anything on this or is it just survivors spouting?

    The emblem points you lose because of camping are minimal. I hardly ever do hard camping, but in the few games where I spent long time around a hooked survivor and not in a chase, emblem details showed -1 or -2%. So it's not a big deal.
    As it shouldn't be. Camping has its advantages occasionally. And like yeet said, play any way you want: you're playing AGAINST survivors, not FOR them. Anything that's not cheating, lagswitching or extreme trash talking in endgame chat is cool.

    If you sit the whole game infront of the hook, the loss of points is insane.
    INsidious leatherface is pretty much dead (at least if you want to rank up)

    I tested this already and I onyl got bronze emblem because the last 2 survivors did gens isntead of suiciding for saves :lol:

  • Master said:

    @George_Soros said:

    @raquelambersantiago said:
    So I keep hearing "rumors" about a penalty being imposed now on killers camping. I have heard that they lose a certain percentage or number of bloodpoints if they are within a certain range of the hook while a survivor is hooked. However, I have found nothing (yet) to confirm this. Anyone have anything on this or is it just survivors spouting?

    The emblem points you lose because of camping are minimal. I hardly ever do hard camping, but in the few games where I spent long time around a hooked survivor and not in a chase, emblem details showed -1 or -2%. So it's not a big deal.
    As it shouldn't be. Camping has its advantages occasionally. And like yeet said, play any way you want: you're playing AGAINST survivors, not FOR them. Anything that's not cheating, lagswitching or extreme trash talking in endgame chat is cool.

    If you sit the whole game infront of the hook, the loss of points is insane.
    INsidious leatherface is pretty much dead (at least if you want to rank up)

    I tested this already and I onyl got bronze emblem because the last 2 survivors did gens isntead of suiciding for saves :lol:

    Oh? How many percent was the penalty?
  • The penalty exists, but few to none care about it.

    If there ever was a penalty that killers cared about, they'd probably quit because they can no longer secure a kill, punish annoying people, or do much to slow the game down without being kicked in the soft spots  and survivors getting free unhooks.