Got banned from discord for (Cannot make this up) calling out a racist
I was banned with the reasoning being “witchhunting”. The witchhunting in question was me posting in the chat saying that a guy that was accused of being racist by multiple ppl in the same chat before me had also sent me racist messages..and boom im banned for witchhunting. That is literally the whole story, nothing else to it. The only thing i put in the chat was along the lines of “lol that guy also sent me a message calling me names being racist”. Thats it
Tagged:
Mod
Comments
Well yeah, that's pretty much what witchhunting is.
Why didn't you contact one of the mods directly to sort it out, instead of publicly outing someone (whether deservedly or not)?
Speaking as someone who personally has been banned from that server three times, you're not really in the right here.
so the person that outs the racist gets banned and not the racist? Make it make sense please. It literally was like 5 of us in the chat saying the same guy is going around being extremely racist and its bannable to say that he is?
Contact. The. Mods.
It's not your job to try and out someone in public, it's there's. That's standard rules of basically every online community and forum, including these Forums.
I did not know there was a problem with me saying it in the main chat, multiple ppl reported him in the main chat and then i came in and basically said the same thing happened to me. Even if its not allowed, a perm ban is ridiculous. Im no world, should i be banned for that. I got harrrased in the voice chat and then again in my dms by this guy and Im the one banned. Miss me with that #########
Then talk to someone who has the power to ban him.
And read the rules for both this Forum and the Discord.
According to your words u acted like a dick and started witch-hunting. If u want to punish that other guy then take your evidence and go to Mods. If u can't prove it, it's witch hunting and should be banned.
I mean, I was told being racist etc. a lot, just because I am from country, where we don't give a ######### and joke about everything. I can say whatever I want, if you have issue with it, you can try to tell me that you don't like it, you can leave so you don't have to deal with it.
If he actually sent messages to you, then he is moron and gave you easy proof. You should have just show it to mods, that's their job to deal with it.
Witch-hunting without proof is not right, well even with proof is not good way to deal with things like that imo, so I hope you have learned a lesson...
And what words was that? What was the guy going around being racist acting like?
Good to know that you’ll get in trouble for calling someone racist before you get in trouble for actually being racist. Foh and smd
We do not discuss bans publicly, if you have issues with your punishment, you can discuss it with the Discord staff, if you are unsure of who to contact, send a friend request to entertainment720#3819 .