Seriously not sure. As much as I love the game, BHVR is still putting out messy patches. MMR lies, NFT lies, it's all just piling up.
I think thats one problem, people are not sure as to what will happen, BHVR isnt very transparent, and I think that will be their downfall, when (if) it happens.
Have been tired of the high MMR state of the game on both sides.
I usually like fair games so when playing killer i don't like to camp and tunnel, resulting in the situation where i have some impossible trials to win till i get an ez useless and unfun 4k. It's a continuous loop of boring trials.
When i play Survivor, mostly soloQ and duoQ, there are a ton of DC and the killer is continuously camping and tunneling the first survivor that has been downed. Unfun as well.
So i have stopped to play and moved on my old beloved Battlefield games.
Waiting for VHS and Evil Dead or a real DbD balance rework.
I don't care about wining anymore I just choose a surviver In a game and troll them to death on the ground or what until they dc its funny and you don't have to sweet
An NFT damages the enviroment, because crypto mining is extremely ineffiecient, I heard one transaction of bitcoin has the energy to supply a US household for 2.5 days.
I'll jump ship to any other half decent asym game once it releases, and I'm not giving bhvr any more money, but I'll continue playing off and on. Probably not gunna grind out any rifts or anything since I'm not buying another battlepass. Any new characters or cosmetics are getting bought with shards
I'll continue to play, but it's just not going to feel the same anymore.
There were always a few signs and hints that BHVR was low key greedy: the price points for their cosmetic store (Legendary skins 3/4ths the cost of the base game, haphazard and nonsensical ways of choosing which cosmetics are locked behind a paywall, some characters having most all of their available cosmetics locked behind paywalls [hillbilly]), how intense the grind is to unlock anysingle piece of content for free with shards, their unwillingness to reduce the grind and reward players appropriately for prestiging or raising their devotion and overall change the game in accordance with the amount of content it actually has and things of that nature, the archives introducing filler content (charms / recolors) in exchange for an incredible amount of time it takes to finish, etc...
But this has gotta be the final nail in the coffin. BHVR has gorged itself on its own success and it has milked both its popularity and its playerbase for its own financial gain, time and time again. The NFT business is just another example of BHVR overreaching again.
An NFT damages the enviroment, because crypto mining is extremely ineffiecient, I heard one transaction of bitcoin has the energy to supply a US household for 2.5 days.
Here is my calculation on the energy needs of 10000 Ethereum transactions (nfts use usuallyEthereum)
Pretty crazy amounts. Could you write down how you got these numbers?
My calculation:
1 transaction ... 167 kWh
10000 transactions ... 1670 MWh
1 MWh ... 950 kg of CO2 (coal plant)
1670 MWh ... 1586500 kg of CO2
1 tree absorbs ... 14kg of CO2 per year
It takes 113321 trees to cover all this CO2 in a year.
Average household in US uses 10MWh electricity in a year. So the energy needed for 10000 transactions could cover 167 households electricity for a year.
I just started a YouTube channel with this one of my two main games on the channel, I can't give it up this early.
Also, partially wandering off topic, my PS5 thinks boon is a swear word when I tried to add boon totem into my title, I had to take it off and re-add it on YouTube lol
I don’t know. I don’t like NFTs, I hate how buggy the game is. Also, whatever update they’re doing today well apparently take me 84 days to install, so I might not be playing again.
I honestly come back from time to time but then leave and until dbd actually fixes their game I'm afraid I'll be leaving soon. I wouldn't care if they shut down the game for a while, just fix the game.
Don't really care that much about NFTs one way or another, and DbD doesn't even have them in the game in the first place so 🤷♂️ . I have no plans to buy an NFT piece of content so I don't really care that much that some other company is selling them.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I think thats one problem, people are not sure as to what will happen, BHVR isnt very transparent, and I think that will be their downfall, when (if) it happens.
Have been tired of the high MMR state of the game on both sides.
I usually like fair games so when playing killer i don't like to camp and tunnel, resulting in the situation where i have some impossible trials to win till i get an ez useless and unfun 4k. It's a continuous loop of boring trials.
When i play Survivor, mostly soloQ and duoQ, there are a ton of DC and the killer is continuously camping and tunneling the first survivor that has been downed. Unfun as well.
So i have stopped to play and moved on my old beloved Battlefield games.
Waiting for VHS and Evil Dead or a real DbD balance rework.
I don't care about wining anymore I just choose a surviver In a game and troll them to death on the ground or what until they dc its funny and you don't have to sweet
I dont even know whats going on lol
The votes are even, I like it
An NFT damages the enviroment, because crypto mining is extremely ineffiecient, I heard one transaction of bitcoin has the energy to supply a US household for 2.5 days.
I hope they nerf her again, this patch only nerfed her best addons, they should nerf her base kit aswell.
I think a good nerf would be to make her an actual pig - this adds counterplay, and punishes killers for playing pig.
This was a hard decision. But what on earth is nft?
And crap I chose the wrong vote. Meant the one above
Its a very shady non product that is part of the reason why graphics cards are so expensive.
They are also known for being scams.
There is no silver lining with NFT.
Yes, just not Deathslinger and probably more survivors overall.
I'm still playing. Supporting NFTs is a huge black mark on BHVR's reputation, but in this instance the specific support is... pretty minor.
If they decide to actually do NFTs themselves, though, I'm going to revisit that decision.
Yep
I'll jump ship to any other half decent asym game once it releases, and I'm not giving bhvr any more money, but I'll continue playing off and on. Probably not gunna grind out any rifts or anything since I'm not buying another battlepass. Any new characters or cosmetics are getting bought with shards
If they decide to put NFTs in game....bye! But for now? My friend really likes playing this game with me XD
Do your own research but please not on this forum.
I mean i love the game man , me and my mates always have a lot of fun , i guess the nft ######### is well ######### but what can we do ?
bad word ? the game is for 18s censoring swears is #########
I never really knew what NFTs were, I've kinda been living under a rock.
Packed up and left yesterday.
if you click the quote button it shows the original message, sometimes messages get censored that might alter the meaning of the quote.
I'm not sure. I love this game, but between the buggy patches, MMR problems, and now the NFT situation, I don't know what to think anymore.
I'll continue to play, but it's just not going to feel the same anymore.
There were always a few signs and hints that BHVR was low key greedy: the price points for their cosmetic store (Legendary skins 3/4ths the cost of the base game, haphazard and nonsensical ways of choosing which cosmetics are locked behind a paywall, some characters having most all of their available cosmetics locked behind paywalls [hillbilly]), how intense the grind is to unlock any single piece of content for free with shards, their unwillingness to reduce the grind and reward players appropriately for prestiging or raising their devotion and overall change the game in accordance with the amount of content it actually has and things of that nature, the archives introducing filler content (charms / recolors) in exchange for an incredible amount of time it takes to finish, etc...
But this has gotta be the final nail in the coffin. BHVR has gorged itself on its own success and it has milked both its popularity and its playerbase for its own financial gain, time and time again. The NFT business is just another example of BHVR overreaching again.
And if you run for 10 seconds in a straight line, the reverse-beartrap should be deactivated.
I wish but school
Here is my calculation on the energy needs of 10000 Ethereum transactions (nfts use usuallyEthereum)
Game is fun, I don't care about any of this
I just started a YouTube channel with this one of my two main games on the channel, I can't give it up this early.
Also, partially wandering off topic, my PS5 thinks boon is a swear word when I tried to add boon totem into my title, I had to take it off and re-add it on YouTube lol
NFT is banned on steam. so they would have to abandon steam. I dont see that happening.
any of what?
research what?? what is going on?
Yup i dont care about nft
YES
I don’t know. I don’t like NFTs, I hate how buggy the game is. Also, whatever update they’re doing today well apparently take me 84 days to install, so I might not be playing again.
I honestly come back from time to time but then leave and until dbd actually fixes their game I'm afraid I'll be leaving soon. I wouldn't care if they shut down the game for a while, just fix the game.
Don't really care that much about NFTs one way or another, and DbD doesn't even have them in the game in the first place so 🤷♂️ . I have no plans to buy an NFT piece of content so I don't really care that much that some other company is selling them.