Mission (Im)possible: Bloodweb
Dear people of the Fog,
in 09/2018, right after the release of the Spirit, I started to play DbD. Since then, I got 4.2k hrs and play both sides with about 70% of matches being on Survivor (it was about 50/50 in the beginning). I purchased all previous chapers quite quickly and purchased all chapters since. Back then, you could not chose 2 perks at level 40 and afterwards. You could only chose one.
When I started, there were 13 killers and 14 Survivors + 26 common perks (If I counted right), which made 81 perks in total. Today there are 194 perks in the game, more than double the amount! Now you pay 15k BP in total to get 1 perk to Tier 3. Back then it was beween 13k and 17k. I could count how many perks cost how much, but I am lazy and say it was 15k on average as well. So to get all the perks nowadays (JUST the perks), you need a minimum of 2.91 million BP (compared to 1.215 million BP in 2018). And this does not even count all the other stuff you have to take on the way. I needed almost one year (and 1.7k hrs) to get everything unlocked and a single character on both sides P3 50 full perk! And I had to get the 9 new characters and their perks as well! And there was no Rift and Survivors got less BP in a match back then.
Can you imagine how long a new player would need to get everything nowadays, even with the Rift? I can't. Because I don't want to imagine this insanity!
Therefore I have some ideas to declutter the bloodweb.
First and foremost, we all hate useless stuff taking so much valuable space in the bloodweb. Therefore my main goal here is to remove the useless crap but make some more interesting offerings the same time. I would rather have 20 useful offerings than 100 garbage ones.
Ok, let's begin:
PERKS:
- Remove tiers, but make perks rare(Lv 30)/very rare(Lv 35)/ultra rare(Lv 40). -> you would save between 8k and 10k BP (in total 1.552 million saved worst case), it would bring some color back and probably solves another bloodweb problem (see below)
@LapisInfernalis said:
https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/CWH3R62GQRRJ/20210105200355-1.jpg
https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/HJDR4TWD1TGS/20210105204449-1.jpg
https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/ZC8WSTN3DFL3/20201215144351-1.jpg
https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/99918W81XSOX/20201215144427-1.jpg
This are screenshots taken from my P2 30 Tapp and my P1 19/20 Elodie. Since I use some different Icons for some perks, I wrote the name next to them, so everybody knows and doesn't need to ask.
Now to what I found out:
As you see, most of my perks are of the same tier. This happened because the Bloodweb (BW) gave me one yellow perk, then maybe one other, then those perks in green and repeat. Often enough it happened also on other characters that I needed to take a perk until tier 3 to get rid of it in my BW (no-one wants Buckle Up). If I did not take it, it would greet me again in the next BW. It would get a bit better after Lv 25 where you get 2 perks to chose from, but if I had a tier 3 perk in the BW as shown in the Tapp screenshot, that perk would come back 80% of the time. Even if there could be other perks to get on tier 3.
This causes you to get a ton of unwanted perks because they won't go away if you don't collect them.
I know that prestige helps a bit to get perks of higher rarity, but before the changing it was never that bad and the BW didn't put the same perk in, level after level, almost every time. It's the same on non-prestige or prestige characters, but it get's worse the higher your prestige is.
Here is a video from Otzdarva that shows exacty what I mean with this:
https://youtu.be/DYqHOTKKpXQ?t=325
He's getting Buckle Up (II) like 7 or 8 times in a row.
This should not happen at all even if he doesn't collect the perk and could be very frustrating for players who don't invest a lot of time to get everything on their characters. Even if you don't prestige it takes a long time to get what you want.
Could you please change up the algorithm a bit or "fix" that penetrant way the BW wants you to buy that perk like a salesman who sells vacuum cleaners?
Thank you and stay safe.
[Edit: Some new screenshots some levels later.
https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/D32GHLH69BTV/20210106152050-1.jpg
https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/L6JJY85NTVLO/20210106152109-1.jpg
https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/YW425QE6WPG3/20210106152202-1.jpg
Perks at Lv 39:
https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/A43PCK7XDDOL/20210106152214-1.jpg
https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/H2P9VUZ187GW/20210106152218-1.jpg
As you see, I always got a tier 3 perk with a tier 1 perk. never a tier 2 perk. I got Self Care 2 at Lv 31 and then only tier 3 and tier 1 perks but even after I got new tier 1 perks it didn't give me any of them on tier 2 or 2 tier 1 perks.
I way lucky with Elodie's perks in the end, but I also got a lot of garbage till Lv 50 on other characters since 4.4.0.
End Edit]
OFFERINGS:
- Remove yellow/brown Fog and make the purple one uncommon. Add add another one for killer with the opposite effect. -> not many people use these. Some killers benefit from denser fog, so I left it.
- Remove 50%/75% category BP and lower the 100% versions to common -> brown and yellow addons are hardly worth it and even the 100% are barely worth it if you don't max out that specific category.
- Remove yellow/green global and all personal Luck and make Vigo's Jar of Salty Lips uncommon. -> It hardly does anything without perks.
- Add an anti-Luck offering for killer (rare) which has the same effect of 4 survivor luck offerings
- Remove green/yellow Hook distance on killer. -> who uses these?
- Remove yellow Mori
- Rework Shrouds -> It is more beneficial for the killer to have all survivors spawn together as they usually have to walk a lot in the beginning. Therefore swap the effects and remove Shroud of Union. Maybe add a new one where one survivor spawns very close to you.
- Return Sacrificial Ward if no map offering was used.
Hide Hatch offerings (like shrouds/Mori) but make them rare -> I think the reason why these are brown is that the other side knows as well. I think it would be more interesting to guess what offering was used when it is a hidden one
- Rework map offerings. -> 16 offerings are just insane and use a lot of "green spots" in the bloodweb. I would make map categories instead: Indoor vs outdoor, licensed vs original, night vs day etc. This solves the problem of killers/survivors using specific maps/realms and cuts the amount of offerings in half
- Add an ultra rare offering for survivor. -> Since Moon Bouquets got removed, there is no chance to get the Gifts for the Fog Achievent without using a Mori. Here are some ideas for that from a while ago
@LapisInfernalis said:
Since the Moon Bouquets got disabled, there is no chance to get the "Gifts for the Fog" Achievement without playing Killer and using an Ebony Mori.
So here is my suggestion for an Ultra Rare Survivor Offering:
Bloody Dice
Tremendously increases the distance between the Exit Gates.
- Does not stack.
"Sometimes you just need some luck to get out."
I really hate it when the Exits are literally next to each other. You just don't have a chance (without finding a Key and reopen the hatch) to get out, if that happens. So I thought if there could be an Offering that increases the distance. Of course you can also add a killer version of it (a bit weaker):
Broken Dice (Ultra Rare)
Moderately reduces the distance between the Exit Gates.
"There is no such thing as luck."
This way, the Killer cannot just cancel the Survivors' one, but lessen it's effects. Close Exits are really powerful for a Killer, so it shouldn't be that bad, if they are a bit further away.
What do you say?
[EDIT: I got another idea, I wanted to share with you. Think of it like Plunderer's Instinct, but as an Offering.
Bloody Dice (Ultra Rare, Survivor)
Tremendously increases the rarity of Items found in Chests.
- Personal
"Good luck!"
Broken Dice (Ultra Rare, Killer)
Tremendously decreases the rarity of Items found in Chests.
"There is no such thing as luck."]
EVENTS:
Events should come with a different spawn rate for event items/addons. In the past years, since I started playing, it was very frustrating to just have 1 or 2 (max 3) event things per Lv50 web in every event except Halloween and Winter 2018. This is not much of a problem for killer, since most times they only have the cake or similar, whereas survivors also have items which they can get. Yes BP are very useful, but these items/addon's are only available once a year for 2-3 weeks and not everyone can afford playing this game multiple hours and/or every day. Not to mention that not everyone wants to invest millions of BP in an already maxed out character just to get a decent number of items. It was even much worse in 2020:
@LapisInfernalis said:
I have cleared about 25 survivor blood webs at P3Lv50 so far. I only got 2 Flashlights and 2 Medkits. And not even on the same character.
It would be great I you increased the probability for these items to spawn, so I can use them and not let them get dusty because I have to fear for the only one I have (even with White Ward, Franklin's could ruin everything).
Or higher the chances of getting them in boxes, so I can escape with one of these.
Therefore I have these ideas:
- Every to an event item equivalent basic item gets replaced by the event version during said event. This means, that f.e. the Halloween/Anniversary flashlight would replace every yellow flashlight in the bloodweb during the event. -> This makes these items more available and easier to get.
- Make 4 full item sets (Anniversary, Halloween, Winter, Lunar New Year) with BP offering, med-kit, flashlight, toolbox and firecracker (key and map would be cool too, but this is ok.) which are available during the event.
- Replace gift boxes of all rarities during Anniversary and Winter Event with Event Boxes (similar to the Winter Event 2018), which only cost 1.5k BP and can give you anything with any rarity. Maybe let 2 or 3 spawn on Lv 50 by default (in addition to the other stuff!).
- Hardcode 1 BP offering for Lv 1-30, 2 for Lv 31-49 and 3 for Lv 50. -> A level 50 web costs at least 50k. Depending on the event, one offering is not enough to get you to the next one. I also noticed that I got slightly more event stuff on not Lv50 characters with the same amount of BP.
- Return the Winter Party Starters to the Winter event. -> I think I am not the only one who misses these.
- Replace 2-3 random brown addons with the firecrackers. And let them cost 1.5k BP -> Yes they are like a flashlight, but single use only. Therefore less worth.
ITEMS:
- Make all medkits 1 rarity higher. -> Medkits are insanely strong. Therefore the higher rarity.
- Make Commodious Toolbox ultra rare. ->Commodious Toolbox is the strongest toolbox by far. The Event versions should equal the yellow one instead.
- Make the Map uncommon. -> It's just not strong enough to be rare. Or buff the base distance.
- Lower the rarity of all Keys by 1. -> Keys and hatch get nerfed.
ADDONS:
- Rework especially flashlight and map addons since many of them are not really useful
GENERAL SPAWNING RATES/PRESTIGE:
There is a system behind what rarities spawn on a Lv 50 web. For example on every Lv 50 web (independent of prestige) spawn 6 purple something. This needs to go.
The only thing that prestige does, is to higher your chance to get ultra rares, but it is only 1% per prestige. Usually not worth the effort and BP.
A fix would be to make green and up rarieties be more common with prestige.
Sorry for the long post. Insert potato here.
Comments
bloodweb is indeed the worst progression system i've ever seen
although i wouldn't change hatch offerings as it probably would encourage survivors to proxy camp the hatch when they lose 1-2 teammates
at level 50 they should make it so we ourselves could buy any perk/item/addon/offering we want (maybe 1-2 per level) to compensate for the grindfest
with the next midchapter patch on tuesday, hatch will only spawn if there is 1 survivor left.
if they know where it's gonna spawn, it doesn't really matter
that needs to be fixed too.
I think you mean the glitch that you can find hatch by walking over it?
well that too, but i meant that if they're gonna throw a hatch offering they will know where to camp the hatch while the killer might not because the offering is secret
i agree with the idea of having more secret offerings since there's next to none right now, but not sure if hatch spawn should be one of them
Ok, I did not think of that. I had an idea a while ago to make every offering exept BP secret.
Then hatch offering is kinda unfair, that only one side knows about it, so free escape / kill for brown offering.
Yeah. I thought of making it higher rarity. But u are right