Surge/Jolt Buff Idea

In my opinion, I think Surge would be in a much better spot and a much more viable pick for your main regression perk if it's range were increased by a little (probably only about 8 metres?) and it could proc on a special attack down as well.

I'm open to arguments against this, but I really don't see a downside, and frankly I like the perk a lot so I'd love to see it as more of a legitimate pick.

Comments

  • I would just make it work for Special attacks too. It's already good perk otherwise for M1 killers.

    It's actually also info perk, which is good and works with Ruin.

  • @Dino7281 said:

    I would just make it work for Special attacks too. It's already good perk otherwise for M1 killers.

    It's actually also info perk, which is good and works with Ruin.

    I agree. I'd like to see it work for special attacks first, and then take stock of the situation to see if it needs to be tuned up more.

  • Those comments both seem fair- my only reason for thinking of the range is that it makes it a lot more map-dependant then I think it really needs to be. As is, it's almost definitely going to hit a generator on, say, The Game, but it'll be a lot less useful on one of the larger maps.

    Even so, just making it work on special attacks would be pretty substantial, so maybe best to test that part first.

  • @jesterkind said:

    Those comments both seem fair- my only reason for thinking of the range is that it makes it a lot more map-dependant then I think it really needs to be. As is, it's almost definitely going to hit a generator on, say, The Game, but it'll be a lot less useful on one of the larger maps.

    Even so, just making it work on special attacks would be pretty substantial, so maybe best to test that part first.

    Thing is: it also works as info perk now, kinda Whispers on gens whenever you down survivor. It would work better as slow-down perk, but worse as info perk with bigger range.

    But it's going to be free for all perk, so I think it should be possible to use it on any killer. That's why I think Special attack buff is more needed.

  • Have it work on special attacks.

    Have it guarantee to hit the closest generator if there's none in range.

  • @Seraphor said:

    Have it work on special attacks.

    Have it guarantee to hit the closest generator if there's none in range.

    I considered that, but it might be a little too strong at that point. It wouldn't be super fair to have a survivor make the right play by pulling you all the way on the other side of the map to a 3-gen and then have your down still affect one of those generators, just off the top of my head.

  • @jesterkind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2559456#Comment_2559456

    I considered that, but it might be a little too strong at that point. It wouldn't be super fair to have a survivor make the right play by pulling you all the way on the other side of the map to a 3-gen and then have your down still affect one of those generators, just off the top of my head.

    Just one of the three would be fair.

  • I honestly wouldn't even mind it not having a cooldown and working on special attacks. It requires you to down a survivor. As in, you do your job, you get rewarded. The percentage it damages is already low enough that a survivor sitting on the gen for like 6 seconds negates it.

  • Honestly making it work on special attacks would make it a lot better. Maybe reduce the cooldown or even remove it.

  • Definitely could use a buff.

    Cooldown is unnecessary. Lose it.

    Proc on specials also.

    Maybe slightly increase the range and damage percent. But I'd start with the first two and see how it goes.

  • Personally, I think the cooldown is required due to snowballing/slugging killers existing. Nurse, Oni, Bubba, Blight having surge trigger on every down would get too oppressive I think

    Special attack activation condition would be great, though - it'd make it a lot more fun to run on other killers. If Eruption can have it trigger on any down, Surge/Jolt can too!