PSA For Pig Players

After reading a post on somebody wanting Pig nerfed because of Plaything, I did some testing. As it turns out, if you have the Facemask addon, the blindness will trump the aura reading from Plaything. And so will have no indication of where their totem is aside from having a direct line of sight.

Do with this information as you please. But I recommend abusing Plaything with Facemask and Tampered Timer. The pressure they'll feel is immense.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • Than watch in horror as pig gets nerfed, and turned into a real pig, where she can't attack the survivors.


    Or something

  • Sounds good to me... but I don't have Hex: Plaything

  • @SlothGirly said:

    After reading a post on somebody wanting Pig nerfed because of Plaything, I did some testing. As it turns out, if you have the Facemask addon, the blindness will trump the aura reading from Plaything. And so will have no indication of where their totem is aside from having a direct line of sight.

    Do with this information as you please. But I recommend abusing Plaything with Facemask and Tampered Timer. The pressure they'll feel is immense.

    It will be changed/Nerfed before I get Plaything on my Pig. Keep that in mind though.

  • I completely forgot about the facemask :D thank you for the reminder @SlothGirly

  • @Aneurysm said:

    I completely forgot about the facemask :D thank you for the reminder @SlothGirly

    I gotchu fren B)

  • Interesting combo there! 😁

  • I'd rather just crouch if I know where they're headed than rely on a specific perk + add-on to accomplish something similar.

  • Wait no joke people have been wanting Pig actually nerfed?

  • @GannTM said:

    Wait no joke people have been wanting Pig actually nerfed?

    There was a post about how Hex : Plaything makes The Pig overpowered.

  • Wear a face mask>:) 🐷

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2556651#Comment_2556651

    There was a post about how Hex : Plaything makes The Pig overpowered.

    turns out it was even worse than they thought >:D

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2556651#Comment_2556651

    There was a post about how Hex : Plaything makes The Pig overpowered.

    Finally get variety and people are wanting it nerfed lol. And people wonder why survivor que times are long.

  • Please, this is almost as bad as people wanting to nerf Hoarder or Pinhead bc they have great synergy. Face Mask isn't even that good of an addon on Pig, using it in conjunction with Plaything is great but not nearly warranting a nerf of either Killer or perk. Besides, it sounds like Piggy is doing the responsible thing and making sure everyone is wearing a face mask.

  • Just take the hat off and do Plaything later? She's already a stealth killer, so you should always be observing the surroundings. It's a good synergy on her, but it's not even close to overpowered (a word that gets thrown around in the forums a lot btw).

  • Oh ffs dont shout it to the void, i don't want yet another Pig nerf, they are already nerfing her best addons next patch.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Sweet, that combo means that you'll want to get that trap off as soon as possible instead of sitting on a generator with an inactive trap.

    And if you've got an active trap on your head, you don't have the time to search for plaything.

    And the thing about Pig and plaything: if she was intent on search for boxes instead of you, she still can do so undetectable, crouched. While Oblivious you still can see her stain if she's standing (not to mention she's easier to spot then too)

    I think it's important to note too, while they're oblivious, they may stumble into you on accident as you patrol the map while not crouching.

  • This isn't the first time a Killer's power/add-on is in synergy with a perk. I doubt they'll do a nerf.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2556653#Comment_2556653

    Finally get variety and people are wanting it nerfed lol. And people wonder why survivor que times are long.

    Not me I'm intrigued by this build and going against it

  • We already know facemask works with plaything....but Im not buying pinhead just to get a perk that will get nerfed once I do

  • @HealsBadMan said:

    Please, this is almost as bad as people wanting to nerf Hoarder or Pinhead bc they have great synergy. Face Mask isn't even that good of an addon on Pig, using it in conjunction with Plaything is great but not nearly warranting a nerf of either Killer or perk. Besides, it sounds like Piggy is doing the responsible thing and making sure everyone is wearing a face mask.

    guess they would rather pigs running

    Ruin

    Noed

    Undying

    Tinkerer

  • @HealsBadMan said:

    Please, this is almost as bad as people wanting to nerf Hoarder or Pinhead bc they have great synergy. Face Mask isn't even that good of an addon on Pig, using it in conjunction with Plaything is great but not nearly warranting a nerf of either Killer or perk. Besides, it sounds like Piggy is doing the responsible thing and making sure everyone is wearing a face mask.

    Pigs kit has always been anti tunnel. But if people enjoy getting tunneled and camped I dunno what to say....

  • @Desh said:

    This isn't the first time a Killer's power/add-on is in synergy with a perk. I doubt they'll do a nerf.

    You must be new here in regards to pig. BHVR thinks kills are all that matter, pig has an insanely high kill rate because most people have no brains and cant handle her traps. This makes her traps massively stronger against the same stupid people who die to pig already.

    It'll get nerfed. And it will be nerfed in the same way that Almo nerfed huntress lullaby because he cant hit a madness skill check. "It was never supposed to work with this." Is what they will say.

  • @SlothGirly said:

    After reading a post on somebody wanting Pig nerfed because of Plaything, I did some testing. As it turns out, if you have the Facemask addon, the blindness will trump the aura reading from Plaything. And so will have no indication of where their totem is aside from having a direct line of sight.

    Do with this information as you please. But I recommend abusing Plaything with Facemask and Tampered Timer. The pressure they'll feel is immense.

    Pressure? ehhhh....no.....sorry.

    The thing about this combo is it will do nothing to survivors who already rush to get their mask off. I mean sure, its gonna screw up their team for a while. But ehhhh.... it literally just forces survivors to rush to a box and cleanse.....they already do that.

  • As someone who plays a lot of Pig, I gave Plaything a try last night (with Corrupt and Pop for slowdown -- I often use Ruin/Undying with her, but that off for obvious reasons with that build). Only one match, but I -- think? -- I got value out of Plaything? I ran into survivors by chance a lot more often than I did normally while moving to gens to pop and generally just traversing the map normally. I think I definitely got a couple of instances where I caught people in the open and dead zones more than I would have normally. I don't camp boxes or hooks, so this was just random "Wait -- the Pig's HERE?" moments I think I surprised the survivors with.

    I wasn't running any add-ons to increase the pressure of it -- no TT/COG, no blindness add-ons, just a Syringe and the Medical File -- so I'm curious to try it with something spicier. I'm still not sure HOW much slowdown/disruption I got out of it, but the match went well enough (3K and a mercy hatch with multiple gens needing to be done) that I'd like to give it another whirl.

  • @Impose said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2556683#Comment_2556683

    You must be new here in regards to pig. BHVR thinks kills are all that matter, pig has an insanely high kill rate because most people have no brains and cant handle her traps. This makes her traps massively stronger against the same stupid people who die to pig already.

    It'll get nerfed. And it will be nerfed in the same way that Almo nerfed huntress lullaby because he cant hit a madness skill check. "It was never supposed to work with this." Is what they will say.

    Man, if I was new to the game, I'd take your bait hard.

  • Good Pig needs things like this being probably second worst killer after Trapper.

  • @Desh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2556703#Comment_2556703

    Man, if I was new to the game, I'd take your bait hard.

    Whats bait about it? Its literally true

  • @Impose said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2556683#Comment_2556683

    You must be new here in regards to pig. BHVR thinks kills are all that matter, pig has an insanely high kill rate because most people have no brains and cant handle her traps. This makes her traps massively stronger against the same stupid people who die to pig already.

    It'll get nerfed. And it will be nerfed in the same way that Almo nerfed huntress lullaby because he cant hit a madness skill check. "It was never supposed to work with this." Is what they will say.

    If kill rates are all that matters, Nurse needs a massive buff huh?

    There are exceptions to the stats, Pig being one of them due to the RNG aspect of her kit. It inflates her kill rate higher than what it should be.

  • I use Plaything, Facemask, and Slow-Release Toxin - I frankly don't want head pops, I just want the survivors to panic. Even high-level SWF teams slow a little in the mid-game with this combo, which shores up a weakness of Piggy play - it's not overpowered in the slightest, and Pig still flags behind in early/late game - even SoloQ coordination still trumps setup, and proactive SWFs still trounce this.

    The real impact, after some 70-80 games with this, is that teams actually heal and search for their box more frequently than without both active - it feels like a shadow of old-school pig, from when survivors weren't sure what to do. Still nowhere near there, sadly - buy hey, I've seen survivors have to queue up for the box without noticing me standing nearby - two slugs and pretty significant pressure if that happens.

  • @HealsBadMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2556703#Comment_2556703

    If kill rates are all that matters, Nurse needs a massive buff huh?

    There are exceptions to the stats, Pig being one of them due to the RNG aspect of her kit. It inflates her kill rate higher than what it should be.

    You do realize I said "BHVR thinks" not I think.

    I am very well aware pig is garbage and Nurse is not

  • It’s an interesting combo but sort of unnecessary because being tunnelled with a trap / pushed off boxes is going to get you killed anyway.

  • Of course someone wants that nerfed. Fun builds must be eradicated

  • Can we just nerf her instead?