So how exactly does a dc affect MMR? Few questions I'm concerned about, if a mod has the time :)

I assume all count as a loss for survivor and all count as a kill for killer just because that seems the easiest and honestly laziest way.

First off I dont dc, but I am curious how dcs affect mmr in different circumstance. Main reason I'm curious is so many people are quitting in my games recently.

As survivor:

1. If I DC do I lose mmr?

2. If a team mate DC early do I lose mmr for dying in an impossible game to win?

3. Do i lose less mmr when losing if there was a DC or do I lose the same and a normal loss?

4. Does the time of the DC matter to how It would affect me, for example an early game DC affects it more than a mid game DC?

5. What if I get multiple teammates DC?

Killer side:

6. If I DC do i lose mmr (it's a repeat but just for clarity)

7. If a survivor DCs does it count as a kill?

8. Do I gain less mmr for a DC?

9. If multiple survivors DC would I gain the same mmr as if I killed them all?

10. (Extra question that is kinda important) if a survivor dies to EGC, Headtrap or some other form that isnt a DC, Hook or mori does it count as a kill and award the same MMR?

Comments

  • I don't think this one will be answered by a mod because knowing the answer will tell people how to abuse it:

    • If a DC makes you MMR go down, people who want to derank will DC at the start of games.
    • If it counts as a null, survivors who want to avoid deranking will DC just before they are hooked for the last time. Killers will do it as soon as the game starts to slip away.

    I hope a survivor that DCs near the start of the game will be a null for the killer and the remaining survivors will give a less than full mmr increase to reflect how much easier the rest of the game will be.

  • @JawsIsTheNextKiller said:

    I don't think this one will be answered by a mod because knowing the answer will tell people how to abuse it:

    • If a DC makes you MMR go down, people who want to derank will DC at the start of games.
    • If it counts as a null, survivors who want to avoid deranking will DC just before they are hooked for the last time. Killers will do it as soon as the game starts to slip away.

    I hope a survivor that DCs near the start of the game will be a null for the killer and the remaining survivors will give a less than full mmr increase to reflect how much easier the rest of the game will be.

    It's already been answered.

    A DC does not count as a win or a loss for either the survivor or the killer.

  • I think a DC should increase your MMR, maybe then people will stop throwing tantrums because they are losing.

  • They said DC's and escaping through hatch count as if this game didn't happen. For example if a game 3 people dc and one escapes through hatch the nobody gets any progress, even the killer, all +0

  • @Munqaxus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2556450#Comment_2556450

    It's already been answered.

    A DC does not count as a win or a loss for either the survivor or the killer.

    @vacaman said:

    They said DC's and escaping through hatch count as if this game didn't happen. For example if a game 3 people dc and one escapes through hatch the nobody gets any progress, even the killer, all +0

    So if a teammate quita and I die/escape then I dont lose/gain mmr? Sorry just trying to understand and not misread something

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2556579#Comment_2556579

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2556589#Comment_2556589

    So if a teammate quita and I die/escape then I dont lose/gain mmr? Sorry just trying to understand and not misread something

    No, the MMR is individual, it doesn't count for him, if you die you will lose mmr anyways no matter what happened in the game.

  • So you're saying the people that quit dont lose mmr but when I'm stuck in a 2v1 I will lose mmr?

    Honestly not surprised, would be too much effort in the devs eyes. Took 2 years for SBMM to be based of kills and escapes lol

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    So you're saying the people that quit dont lose mmr but when I'm stuck in a 2v1 I will lose mmr?

    Honestly not surprised, would be too much effort in the devs eyes. Took 2 years for SBMM to be based of kills and escapes lol

    Yes.

    But think of it like this. SBMMR makes it more likely the Killer is going to go easier on you, because if the Killer just kills you in a 2 vs 1, it will make your next match easier but the Killer's match harder.

    When I play Killer, I don't want to raise my MMR to make my next match harder for a lope-sided match. Then again, I'm one of the few Killers that will play extremely easy on a 3 vs 1 and will let the survivors go.

  • @Munqaxus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2556672#Comment_2556672

    Yes.

    But think of it like this. SBMMR makes it more likely the Killer is going to go easier on you, because if the Killer just kills you in a 2 vs 1, it will make your next match easier but the Killer's match harder.

    When I play Killer, I don't want to raise my MMR to make my next match harder for a lope-sided match. Then again, I'm one of the few Killers that will play extremely easy on a 3 vs 1 and will let the survivors go.

    I mean the lower mmr you go the more people avoid gens etc. Lol I'd rather not go there plus I prefer versing decent killers with a good understanding of the game, I'm very experienced so I dont want a super easy game versing newer killers.

    Its just annoying how a rage quitting child ruins my rank but not theres. I know I shouldn't care about rank, and honestly I dont massively I just want fun and balanced games not to verse weaker players.

    Besides 2/3v1 is never usually fun