Camping and tunneling

Why do survivors get so upset over this? yes it isnt fun to have it happen to you but a lot of killers honestly have 0 choice. it may not be fun but killers dont have fun getting "outplayed" by the cumulative 16 copout perks the survivors have and the 2-3 gens done in 2 minutes into the game. Killers are just adapting to the state the survivors put the game pace into so idk why they would cry about it after? its a completely viable strat just like using noed, you are just trying to get yourself back into the power role and that is the most efficient way to do so with how the game is right now.

Comments

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    Because not every killer is doing it because they have 0 choice.

    I always hate this argument because it is so situation-specific. It's as if everyone who facecamps is doing it because there is nothing else to do. No. Some players do it as a form of BM to make sure that one person has a bad time in a match.

    You have the ability to facecamp the moment you down your first survivor, so regardless of the reason you are doing it, that doesn't sound fun. Even if I was playing killer I would find that extremely boring.

    and some survivors (or most all?) tbag and click flashlights to make sure killers get frustrated and have a bad time in a match.

  • @IronKnight55 said:

    It's hated because it's unfun. I just played a game after taking a break for 2 days, and guess what? I got camped to death on my first hook. I only completed 1 gen and looped him for a couple of minutes. I died with only a little over 9000 BP.

    It’s definitely painful when that happens.

  • @Legionair said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2557401#Comment_2557401

    I never said 8 gens done in the first chase. also can you please not be so rude/sarcastic/condescending? I made this discussion for people to have conversations in and not to be a complete detriment to society through the use of verbal abuse in order to put others down so you can feed your ego.

    Let's have a look:


    yeahno.jpg

    I replied to your post genuinely, explaining why camping and tunneling is miserable for Solo queue players. You went ahead and passive aggressively insinuated I needed you to problem solve for me. You made an absurd claim that Solo queue survivors can somehow get all 5 gens done AND escape in the time the first survivor is facecamped to death. Which is not only false, but indicates you don't really know much about the Solo survivor role.

    Throughout this whole thread you refer to survivors as "entitled", "crying about being camped", that the devs are biased, that you don't care if it's unfun for anyone, and that survivors alone cause the game toxicity. On top of that, you admitted you camp and tunnel specifically to be vindictive and enjoy it.

    So you have little interest in having a conversation or hearing anything that challenges your pre-existing narrative. You don't really want to know why so many players find it upsetting (the question of your OP). You just came here for a hug box and to have people agree with you. Which is fine- seriously- I'm very pro players regardless of role wanting a bit of solidarity.

    But don't pretend I'm somehow victimizing you for not tolerating you being condescending to me first.

  • @CluelessWanderer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2558821#Comment_2558821

    Let's have a look:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/VEAURKRI9V0C/yeahno.jpg

    I replied to your post genuinely, explaining why camping and tunneling is miserable for Solo queue players. You went ahead and passive aggressively insinuated I needed you to problem solve for me. You made an absurd claim that Solo queue survivors can somehow get all 5 gens done AND escape in the time the first survivor is facecamped to death. Which is not only false, but indicates you don't really know much about the Solo survivor role.

    Throughout this whole thread you refer to survivors as "entitled", "crying about being camped", that the devs are biased, that you don't care if it's unfun for anyone, and that survivors alone cause the game toxicity. On top of that, you admitted you camp and tunnel specifically to be vindictive and enjoy it.

    So you have little interest in having a conversation or hearing anything that challenges your pre-existing narrative. You don't really want to know why so many players find it upsetting (the question of your OP). You just came here for a hug box and to have people agree with you. Which is fine- seriously- I'm very pro players regardless of role wanting a bit of solidarity.

    But don't pretend I'm somehow victimizing you for not tolerating you being condescending to me first.

    In the context that I was explaining that as, a chase at mid-high tier can last from anywhere from 10 seconds to 1.5 minutes so I think 45 seconds as a high is a reasonable stance on a decent chase. Lets say somebody has a 45 second chase, and gets taken to the hook after a killer breaks a pallet (lets add another 10 seconds for both of those) that is a 55 second hook for the killer. the survivor gets 60 seconds per hook phase to just sit and wait, lets reason that this is a semi reasonable team that unhooks them around 15 seconds before second hook phase as the killer is waiting to tunnel them. that is 100 seconds worth of downtime, a single generator can be done in 80 seconds by a survivor with no genspeed additives by themselves. the way I meant that to be interpretive and with the math and logic I am trying to explain here, it isnt unreasonable, if a killer camps and tunnels every single survivor to say that a survivor by themself can do up to 8 gens worth of repairs in the time it takes a killer to down and camp/tunnel ALL OTHER SURVIVORS to death and I apologize for not specifying that to you beforehand but in the highlighted sentence you provided, THIS is the context I was meaning to use for it, is if the killer camps and tunnels every survivor one by one.

  • @DemonDaddy said:

    By the devs own statement, the killer is playing 4 1v1 games at once.

    Given that survivor objective is quicker then the killer's, it makes sense to prioritize which 1v1 is gonna get the most attention. The time constraints on killer just don't allow the equal spread of focus unless survivors themselves are under performing.

    Honestly it should be 1v4, not 4 1v1's.

  • MMR judges a match as 4 different 1v1's between killer and survivor individually too which seems a bit bullcrap

  • @Legionair said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2559236#Comment_2559236

    MMR judges a match as 4 different 1v1's between killer and survivor individually too which seems a bit bullcrap

    Exactly far too much stress on killer, especially when there are so many people playing with swf's of 2 or more.

  • @Kurri said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2559237#Comment_2559237

    Exactly far too much stress on killer, especially when there are so many people playing with swf's of 2 or more.

    but nerf deathslinger because he has no counter play if his aim is good XD

  • @CluelessWanderer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2558821#Comment_2558821

    Let's have a look:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/VEAURKRI9V0C/yeahno.jpg

    I replied to your post genuinely, explaining why camping and tunneling is miserable for Solo queue players. You went ahead and passive aggressively insinuated I needed you to problem solve for me. You made an absurd claim that Solo queue survivors can somehow get all 5 gens done AND escape in the time the first survivor is facecamped to death. Which is not only false, but indicates you don't really know much about the Solo survivor role.

    Throughout this whole thread you refer to survivors as "entitled", "crying about being camped", that the devs are biased, that you don't care if it's unfun for anyone, and that survivors alone cause the game toxicity. On top of that, you admitted you camp and tunnel specifically to be vindictive and enjoy it.

    So you have little interest in having a conversation or hearing anything that challenges your pre-existing narrative. You don't really want to know why so many players find it upsetting (the question of your OP). You just came here for a hug box and to have people agree with you. Which is fine- seriously- I'm very pro players regardless of role wanting a bit of solidarity.

    But don't pretend I'm somehow victimizing you for not tolerating you being condescending to me first.

    Also I was being completely upfront and not sarcastic or being an ass, I am the one replying to a completely out of the blue response with "If you need (...) Hurrrrrrrrrr durrrrr"

  • Well we know killers would tunnel and camp because they feel pressured or locked into it, others might not just care.


    But people who get mad seem to blame the wrong reasons and exaggerate what actually happened.

    Because imma be honest, I don't think most people who complain about had it happen to them soon many times so often. Not saying it doesn't happen.

  • @Legionair said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2558909#Comment_2558909

    I agree with your reasoning, it really isnt that fair, but I personally as a fellow killer main urge you to keep your head up and at least try a few games a day playing normally. I know its hard but keep your head up! hopefully BHVR changes things soon

    i'm trying, i usually play 4-7 games per day, and i'll play "fair", the results? i barely get 4 hooks...i'm not a pro killer, but nor a dumb one, i reached(with the old system) rank 4 few times, and my rank usually always was between 5-8, not that much, but still something, i know how to play, but after the new [BAD WORD] MM, i only get tryhard SFW squads most of the times....and it's frustrating..


    "be strong, get better, learn and increase your skill" stuff like that isn't valid in dbd, since the many flaws the game has, and i want to play for fun, not to be a tryhard competitive that faces tryhard squads every match...

1 2 ›