Trickster Is Fun To Play As But Not So Much Against

So I've been thinking, since the latest Trickster buff (it's more of a nerf imo) Survivors have been saying that Trickster is unfun to go against, so how about I try to make Trickster fun to play as and against. Since the devs probably won't do like a full power rework like Freddy, my original concept wouldn't work, I decided to do some smaller buffs and nerfs here and there


Smaller Changes

-Trickster now has a Knife Capacity of 60

-Survivors require 7 hits with Knives to fully fill their Laceration Meter and deal 1 Health State of damage



Bigger Changes

-After injuring and downing a Survivor with only Knives, The Trickster will replenish 30 Knives

-Locker Reload now takes 0.8 seconds longer

-Survivors will lose 1 bar of Laceration every 2 seconds

-To start losing Laceration, a Survivor will have to to a quick action (similar to mending) which will take 15 seconds

-Successfully dodging 10 Knives in a row as a Survivor will start decaying their Laceration meter automatically, reducing a bar of Laceration every 4 seconds

-Main Event now requires 33 Knives to activate but it can be held indefinitely (similar to Oni's Blood Fury)


If anyone is interested, here's my original rework of The Trickster

DbD Killer concept: The Performer A musical Killer, The Performer is able to confuse and irritate Survivors using his Power Backstage Performance Backstory As a young child, Ji-Woon Hak always seeked the attention of the people around him. He enjoyed every second of having others watch him...


Comments

  • I love to play against Trickster. He is one of the killers that you can run for 5 gens if he over commit.

    I think he is fine now.


    Your rework have some flaws, but I doubt there will be any changes in near future for him anyway.

    Problem is that this is just almost 100% buff and this would be less fun to play against than current version imo. Yeah +1 hit to injure and locker is not really that hard nerf.

    You would have to do "mending action" and 15 seconds is a lot, which would make it way less fun to play against. Mending is 12 btw and I don't think this should take more than 10 seconds.

    "-After injuring and downing a Survivor with only Knives, The Trickster will replenish 30 Knives"

    This is kinda: you have infinite knives, so definetly not this part.


    How I would change your rework:

    Smaller Changes

    -Trickster now has a Knife Capacity of 60

    -Survivors require 7 hits with Knives to fully fill their Laceration Meter and deal 1 Health State of damage


    Bigger Changes

    -Survivors will lose 1 bar of Laceration every 2 seconds

    -To start losing Laceration, a Survivor will have to to a quick action (similar to mending) which will take 10 seconds

    -Main Event now requires 33 Knives to activate but it can be held indefinitely (similar to Oni's Blood Fury)

  • @Dino7281 said:

    I love to play against Trickster. He is one of the killers that you can run for 5 gens if he over commit.

    I think he is fine now.

    Your rework have some flaws, but I doubt there will be any changes in near future for him anyway.

    Problem is that this is just almost 100% buff and this would be less fun to play against than current version imo. Yeah +1 hit to injure and locker is not really that hard nerf.

    You would have to do "mending action" and 15 seconds is a lot, which would make it way less fun to play against. Mending is 12 btw and I don't think this should take more than 10 seconds.

    "-After injuring and downing a Survivor with only Knives, The Trickster will replenish 30 Knives"

    This is kinda: you have infinite knives, so definetly not this part.

    How I would change your rework:

    Smaller Changes

    -Trickster now has a Knife Capacity of 60

    -Survivors require 7 hits with Knives to fully fill their Laceration Meter and deal 1 Health State of damage

    Bigger Changes

    -Survivors will lose 1 bar of Laceration every 2 seconds

    -To start losing Laceration, a Survivor will have to to a quick action (similar to mending) which will take 10 seconds

    -Main Event now requires 33 Knives to activate but it can be held indefinitely (similar to Oni's Blood Fury)

    These are good changes, I didn't really think about how oppressive reload after downing someone would be so thanks for telling me

  • Changing the killer just because that killer is not fun to VS for some people is a very thin ice.

    Recent example: Look at the Slinger "changes" (aka big nerfs).

    Will he be more fun to play againts? Well prob yea, I don't think by a much but yea, a bit.

    Will he be still fun for some people like before (like me)? Nope. He is clunky as hell now.

  • @Chocolate_Cosmos said:

    Changing the killer just because that killer is not fun to VS for some people is a very thin ice.

    Recent example: Look at the Slinger "changes" (aka big nerfs).

    Will he be more fun to play againts? Well prob yea, I don't think by a much but yea, a bit.

    Will he be still fun for some people like before (like me)? Nope. He is clunky as hell now.

    He will not be fun to play against, because he will be forced to zone survivors with holding ADS everytime in open, because it's not worth a risk without quick-scope.

    He will be boring for both sides, because of changes they did.

  • @Dino7281 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2556087#Comment_2556087

    He will not be fun to play against, because he will be forced to zone survivors with holding ADS everytime in open, because it's not worth a risk without quick-scope.

    He will be boring for both sides, because of changes they did.

    It is lose / lose situation. Yep.

  • @Chocolate_Cosmos said:

    Changing the killer just because that killer is not fun to VS for some people is a very thin ice.

    Recent example: Look at the Slinger "changes" (aka big nerfs).

    Will he be more fun to play againts? Well prob yea, I don't think by a much but yea, a bit.

    Will he be still fun for some people like before (like me)? Nope. He is clunky as hell now.

    I don't want to change Trickster because he is not fun against, I want to change him because he's very weak in the 1v4 while very boring in the 1v1 like Slinger. They're both not very good Killers and Slinger nerf was plain bad. I want Trickster buffed in the 1v4 with a change to his 1v1. My ideas maybe weren't that good but still, I'd say better than current Trickster

  • @ThatOneDemoPlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2556087#Comment_2556087

    I don't want to change Trickster because he is not fun against, I want to change him because he's very weak in the 1v4 while very boring in the 1v1 like Slinger. They're both not very good Killers and Slinger nerf was plain bad. I want Trickster buffed in the 1v4 with a change to his 1v1. My ideas maybe weren't that good but still, I'd say better than current Trickster

    It would be better for Trickster, you just didn't use good reason to justify it.

    If you from start said that Trickster can be unfun to face 1v1 on maps without cover, but still weak 1v4 like Deathslinger and here are changes to help with it, sure. We would just point obvious issues with suggestion how to fix it.

  • @Dino7281 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2556165#Comment_2556165

    It would be better for Trickster, you just didn't use good reason to justify it.

    If you from start said that Trickster can be unfun to face 1v1 on maps without cover, but still weak 1v4 like Deathslinger and here are changes to help with it, sure. We would just point obvious issues with suggestion how to fix it.

    True, I should've started with that point than just typing that he is boring. My mistake

  • I just don't like that there are a lot of maps where you either can't dodge most times or you are totally in the open that he gets you before you get anywhere.

  • @LapisInfernalis said:

    I just don't like that there are a lot of maps where you either can't dodge most times or you are totally in the open that he gets you before you get anywhere.

    Well, then you have maps that are hell for Trickster and some fair maps for both.

    You really don't wanna be Trickster on Lery's, or Racoon city.

  • @Dino7281 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2556193#Comment_2556193

    Well, then you have maps that are hell for Trickster and some fair maps for both.

    You really don't wanna be Trickster on Lery's, or Racoon city.

    Unless you have ricochee knives I guess.

    But let's be honest, no one likes RPD.