The Q&a stream heads up

Don’t use those stats in an argument as those stats track disconnects too


like seriously they say that pinhead is OP and nurse is weak

Comments

  • They will regardless.

  • oh no ill need stats :)

  • The streamers said that??

  • Haven't they said before that these stats don't include matches with dc's?

  • @Dwight_Fairfield said:

    Haven't they said before that these stats don't include matches with dc's?

    That would still be bad as that means whole matches are thrown away, making the kill rates seem low

  • @Hoodied said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2548667#Comment_2548667

    That would still be bad as that means whole matches are thrown away, making the kill rates seem low

    Matches like that should be thrown away. In what reality is a dc match reflective of how good the killer is? I've had matches where survivors dc on their very first down.

  • @Dwight_Fairfield said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2548680#Comment_2548680

    Matches like that should be thrown away. In what reality is a dc match reflective of how good the killer is? I've had matches where survivors dc on their very first down.

    Its why stats are a problem in this game lmao

    Its impossible to track properly

  • @Hoodied said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2548691#Comment_2548691

    Its why stats are a problem in this game lmao

    Its impossible to track properly

    Yeah that's why nobody takes them as the ultimate truth to how good killers are. Even the devs say that. The only reason they showed stats is because someone asked to see them.

  • If you can't count DCs then you won't have data.

  • @Dwight_Fairfield said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2548713#Comment_2548713

    Yeah that's why nobody takes them as the ultimate truth to how good killers are. Even the devs say that. The only reason they showed stats is because someone asked to see them.

    And then three quarters of the forums take them as gospel.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2548717#Comment_2548717

    And then three quarters of the forums take them as gospel.

    Really? Where is that? Pig's always had a high kill rate, but where are the people saying she's an A-tier killer? Or that Nurse is the worst and needs buffs because she has the worst kill rate?

  • @Dwight_Fairfield said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2548727#Comment_2548727

    Really? Where is that? Pig's always had a high kill rate, but where are the people saying she's an A-tier killer? Or that Nurse is the worst and needs buffs because she has the worst kill rate?

    most of the time we get:

    • very one sided killer players who argue that because they're low on the stats kill rate they deserve buffs

    or

    • very one sided survivor players who argue that because they're high on the stats kill rate they deserve nerfs

    or my personal favourite

    • very one sided killer players who argue that because a killer isn't at the top they don't deserve nerfs cough spirit cough
  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2548736#Comment_2548736

    most of the time we get:

    • very one sided killer players who argue that because they're low on the stats kill rate they deserve buffs

    or

    • very one sided survivor players who argue that because they're high on the stats kill rate they deserve nerfs

    or my personal favourite

    • very one sided killer players who argue that because a killer isn't at the top they don't deserve nerfs cough spirit cough

    I don't see these arguments being prevalent around there. You claim 75% of the forum thinks this way because of the stats. So these kinds of comments should be everywhere if the majority here feel this way.

    I am legitimately asking where are they? They should be plastered everywhere as frequently as complaints about swf, ruin/undying, Noed, MMR complaints etc.

  • @Dwight_Fairfield said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2548756#Comment_2548756

    I don't see these arguments being prevalent around there. You claim 75% of the forum thinks this way because of the stats. So these kinds of comments should be everywhere if the majority here feel this way.

    I am legitimately asking where are they? They should be plastered everywhere as frequently as complaints about swf, ruin/undying, Noed, MMR complaints etc.

    They like to come out whenever new stats release, but here's one example I can think about off of the top of my head:

    image.png


  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2548779#Comment_2548779

    They like to come out whenever new stats release, but here's one example I can think about off of the top of my head:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/HPBOQ2KY7GI6/image.png

    You found one example of someone asking if she was over performing statistically. How is that indicative that 75% of the people here believe in stats as the truth of killer strength?

    For that matter why would you even think the person who asked that question even thinks that way? Personally I think it looks like they were asking is that the reason why they are nerfing her, since the reason they nerfed Freddy was because he was over performing statistically.

  • @Dwight_Fairfield said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2548801#Comment_2548801

    You found one example of someone asking if she was over performing statistically. How is that indicative that 75% of the people here believe in stats as the truth of killer strength?

    For that matter why would you even think the person who asked that question even thinks that way? Personally I think it looks like they were asking is that the reason why they are nerfing her, since the reason they nerfed Freddy was because he was over performing statistically.

    I found the one example I could remember of this happening recently because oh my word, who'd have thought it, I don't read and remember perfectly every single comment ever made to these forums? Shocker, I know!

    This usually happens around the time of stats being released, be them the 5th Anniversary Ones made for a press release, or the kill rate ones from that Dev Stream way back when. These then die off as people, over and over again, tell others that the stats mean absolutely nothing, until more are released and the cycle begins again.

    Also, I really don't know if you're aware of this, but there's a literary technique called "hyperbole":

    image.png

    Often these are used in speeches or other persuasive literature.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2548814#Comment_2548814

    I found the one example I could remember of this happening recently because oh my word, who'd have thought it, I don't read and remember perfectly every single comment ever made to these forums? Shocker, I know!

    This usually happens around the time of stats being released, be them the 5th Anniversary Ones made for a press release, or the kill rate ones from that Dev Stream way back when. These then die off as people, over and over again, tell others that the stats mean absolutely nothing, until more are released and the cycle begins again.

    Also, I really don't know if you're aware of this, but there's a literary technique called "hyperbole":

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/MVCT1OP0FJZY/image.png

    Often these are used in speeches or other persuasive literature.

    You don't need to read and remember every comment to know if certain types of comments or opinions are prevalent if it was in fact true that the majority of the forum feels this way about it. You think I remember every comment that complains about swf? Or MMR? Or any of the usual topics that people talk about here. Of course not. But it would be easy to post a plethora of examples of them because they are everywhere. Spoiled for choice.

    I'm well aware of what hyperbole is. But you never gave any impression or indication you were being hyperbolic. You were talking like a majority here believe in kill rate stats. I don't see it. Most people here don't take them as any sort indicator of killer strength from what I've seen in the rare times they are mentioned. In fact I can't even remember the last time kill rate stats were brought up to argue that a certain killer was good or bad.

  • @Dwight_Fairfield said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2548853#Comment_2548853

    You don't need to read and remember every comment to know if certain types of comments or opinions are prevalent if it was in fact true that the majority of the forum feels this way about it. You think I remember every comment that complains about swf? Or MMR? Or any of the usual topics that people talk about here. Of course not. But it would be easy to post a plethora of examples of them because they are everywhere. Spoiled for choice.

    I'm well aware of what hyperbole is. But you never gave any impression or indication you were being hyperbolic. You were talking like a majority here believe in kill rate stats. I don't see it. Most people here don't take them as any sort indicator of killer strength. In fact I can't even remember the last time kill rate stats were brought up to argue that a certain killer was good or bad.

    I'm sorry I didn't realise people thought anyone who made mass generalisations about three quaters of an entire community collectively believing the identical things were actually being serious. I'll be sure to use tone indicators so you know when I'm being sarcastic, despite the fact that that is quite literally 99% of all of my comments.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2548889#Comment_2548889

    I'm sorry I didn't realise people thought anyone who made mass generalisations about three quaters of an entire community collectively believing the identical things were actually being serious. I'll be sure to use tone indicators so you know when I'm being sarcastic, despite the fact that that is quite literally 99% of all of my comments.

    Believe it or not, I don't read 99% of your posts. But thank you for being considerate for future reference to those of us who are not avid readers of your forum posts.

  • @Dwight_Fairfield said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2548901#Comment_2548901

    Believe it or not, I don't read 99% of your posts. But thank you for being considerate for future reference to those of us who are not avid readers of your forum posts.

    I was moreso going for a lack of common sense with that jab but you're most welcome /srs

  • It's not a surprise that Pinhead is top kills since release. I've been saying that he has a lot of passive slowdown, specially against solo players. What surprises me is that Freddy is still number 2, I think new players just DC or don't even try against him because i can't explain those results.

  • Wouldnt pay to much attention to stats, when i know its Pinhead in game i run straight to him get downed, hooked and 1 hook suicide. Out in under 1min.

    I find him unfun to play against, its all about fun right. "but what about your teammates", yeah i dont care about 3 strangers in a game. Me and my selfishness are out, every Pinhead.

  • I really don't understand this. They acknowledge that Nurse doesn't need any buffs because she is a skill based killer. When the player is good at her, she is a true power role. While at the same time they don't acknowledge that survivor when played competently is also very strong, but also weak in the hands of a lower skilled player, just like Nurse.

    Also they only show mixed stats of all player skills level. Why not show different brackets like 500 - 1500 MMR and 1500 - 2500 and so on. I surely hope this isn't intentional to hide how poorly most killers do in higher skill level play.

  • Stats would be easier to ignore if they weren't cited by the Devs as the excuse to send an otherwise fine killer through the nerf wringer.