Should hooks or looping time be used for fairer mmr balance?๐Ÿ™ƒ

Escaping or killing survivors dont indicate skill in this game.

Noed kills, camping hooks, etc. dont show killer skill.

Hiding and escaping dont show survivor skill.

A good killer gets multiple hooks and pressures survivors.

A good survivor loops for long chases or does plenty of gens.

Should these be the new mmr standards? Any thoughts?

Comments

  • I think a few factors should be considered when the game matches players together.

    1. Hours played. Someone with 3-25 hours should be matched with or against anyone with 100 or more hours. There should be an hours played bracket for every set amount of hours that players have played.
    2. The amount of inactivity during a match should be used when matching players. Does the player know how valuable time is? Are they spending it wisely by working on gens, searching chests and cleansing totems, body block, and sabo hooks a few feet from the killer or do they constantly hide behind rocks and avoid doing anything?
    3. Chase duration. Does the survivor go down in 5 seconds or can they at least buy their teammates 30 seconds or more? While this should apply for killers, its more difficult to do for them since it's the survivors who are usually in control of chases if they know what they're doing and not screw up.
    4. The amount of successful team(2 or more people) escapes, with the consideration of how much they contributed during a match, should also be another factor. Did they help with the objectives and were they able to help their team succeed or were they the sole winner because they just hid?

    There are other things but I got new glasses since my old ones broke, and they're giving me a headache during the adjusting phase, so my brain is mush and I can't think of anything else.

  • @Huge_Bush said:

    I think a few factors should be considered when the game matches players together.

    1. Hours played. Someone with 3-25 hours should be matched with or against anyone with 100 or more hours. There should be an hours played bracket for every set amount of hours that players have played.
    2. The amount of inactivity during a match should be used when matching players. Does the player know how valuable time is? Are they spending it wisely by working on gens, searching chests and cleansing totems, body block, and sabo hooks a few feet from the killer or do they constantly hide behind rocks and avoid doing anything?
    3. Chase duration. Does the survivor go down in 5 seconds or can they at least buy their teammates 30 seconds or more? While this should apply for killers, its more difficult to do for them since it's the survivors who are usually in control of chases if they know what they're doing and not screw up.
    4. The amount of successful team(2 or more people) escapes, with the consideration of how much they contributed during a match, should also be another factor. Did they help with the objectives and were they able to help their team succeed or were they the sole winner because they just hid?

    There are other things but I got new glasses since my old ones broke, and they're giving me a headache during the adjusting phase, so my brain is mush and I can't think of anything else.

    The only thing I really question in regards to measuring for a metrics is the chase duration. While on paper it seems like a good idea, but we run in to the problem of how do we measure killers who can break chases/loops? Like for Bubba and Billy, how do we measure what's good for them since they can insta-down survivors with their chainsaws? What about stealth killers like Ghostface who can expose a survivor and insta-down them too if they get the jump on them? Also Nurse just flat out breaks even measuring something like this since cus of her power.


    Other than that I actually agree with the other points and I've actually said the same thing about grading the survivors more as a team and giving them more BP as a result, to make the amount earned somewhat closer to what the average killer can earn. Also wouldn't totally screw survivors who get camped/tunneled right out the gate, so they'd be able to get more than just like 12 BP lol.

  • @Marik13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2545046#Comment_2545046

    The only thing I really question in regards to measuring for a metrics is the chase duration. While on paper it seems like a good idea, but we run in to the problem of how do we measure killers who can break chases/loops? Like for Bubba and Billy, how do we measure what's good for them since they can insta-down survivors with their chainsaws? What about stealth killers like Ghostface who can expose a survivor and insta-down them too if they get the jump on them? Also Nurse just flat out breaks even measuring something like this since cus of her power.

    Other than that I actually agree with the other points and I've actually said the same thing about grading the survivors more as a team and giving them more BP as a result, to make the amount earned somewhat closer to what the average killer can earn. Also wouldn't totally screw survivors who get camped/tunneled right out the gate, so they'd be able to get more than just like 12 BP lol.

    I agree with you. It will be the most difficult factor to take into consideration for killer players, especially with all of the rng the game provides in the match. I admit I have no idea where to start measuring this factor, but it is something the devs should at least consider somewhat. Maybe take the average of all of their chases? I'm not smart enough for this.

    ki.gif


  • Just my preference but I don't want to be forced into long chases on either side. Personally I find the better player is one that lands the hit or escapes the chase quickly.

  • @Huge_Bush said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2545062#Comment_2545062

    I agree with you. It will be the most difficult factor to take into consideration for killer players, especially with all of the rng the game provides in the match. I admit I have no idea where to start measuring this factor, but it is something the devs should at least consider somewhat. Maybe take the average of all of their chases? I'm not smart enough for this.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/ZI7LU3ND2UD4/ki.gif

    Lol same here, I have no idea where to even begin finding a way to measure something like this. Cus I mean I do agree and think that getting in to chases is a crucial thing. But then again so are hits, and hooks. I do know that right now single hit killers like Bubba for example, could walk away from a game with like 12K BP if he chainsaws everyone and ends the game in two minutes. I've had that happen to me before where the survivors just for some odd reason tried to swarm me at the beginning of the game. It confused the ever living hell out of me and I legit didn't know what to do at that point. But yeah I walked away with like 12k BP and that was mostly cus I had BBQ too lol, otherwise I'd have gotten less. So the game somewhat takes that in to account now.

  • Should there be more than just Kills and Escapes? Yes, absolutely.

    Is BHVR capable of coding that complicated of a system? Probably not.

  • I think that should be synonymous for skillful play and balancing priorities. If a killer's got many hooks, he's going on multiple chases, and that's showing his skill. If survivors are looping killers for a while, they're going on multiple chases or have 1 or 2 long chases, and that's showing their skill. We need balance changes that extend games basically, so that they're not over in 5 minutes from runaway gens.

  • It's a hard thing to pick and chose what's worth being counted and what isn't

    But I do believe that Hooks should be something they look into if at all possible

    Plus match times... a short match isn't as fun or engaging as a longer match

  • I think it should consider hooks but chases is something way more complicated. A 30 second chase near a 3 gen is way better than a 10 second one on the corner of the map.

  • @Marik13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2545046#Comment_2545046

    The only thing I really question in regards to measuring for a metrics is the chase duration. While on paper it seems like a good idea, but we run in to the problem of how do we measure killers who can break chases/loops? Like for Bubba and Billy, how do we measure what's good for them since they can insta-down survivors with their chainsaws? What about stealth killers like Ghostface who can expose a survivor and insta-down them too if they get the jump on them? Also Nurse just flat out breaks even measuring something like this since cus of her power.

    Other than that I actually agree with the other points and I've actually said the same thing about grading the survivors more as a team and giving them more BP as a result, to make the amount earned somewhat closer to what the average killer can earn. Also wouldn't totally screw survivors who get camped/tunneled right out the gate, so they'd be able to get more than just like 12 BP lol.

    Itโ€™s not a problem because:

    If youโ€™re playing nurse and end chases quick then you should be getting paired with survivors who last longer in chase.

    If you play Bubba and instadown a lot, same principle applies.

  • @Pulsar said:

    Should there be more than just Kills and Escapes? Yes, absolutely.

    Is BHVR capable of coding that complicated of a system? Probably not.

    It actually isn't that difficult, from the stats they provide they clearly are capable of tracking specifics in the game... after that it is just deciding the weight value it has and putting it in an algorithm.

    The issue is that it means they have to define what type of playstyle and actions actually make you a good player. For killers it can be anything from chase time till pallet break/hit, hooks and kills. For survivors it becomes more difficult and most likely would need to be time spent on gens, healing, in chase vs match duration.

    The main question is whether BHVR would be willing to define what actually makes a good player, the goal of a survivor is to get as many players as possible out... their personal escape rate is not necessarily a requirement and frankly is a bad gage as it stands.

  • @Huge_Bush said:

    I think a few factors should be considered when the game matches players together.

    1. Hours played. Someone with 3-25 hours should be matched with or against anyone with 100 or more hours. There should be an hours played bracket for every set amount of hours that players have played.
    2. The amount of inactivity during a match should be used when matching players. Does the player know how valuable time is? Are they spending it wisely by working on gens, searching chests and cleansing totems, body block, and sabo hooks a few feet from the killer or do they constantly hide behind rocks and avoid doing anything?
    3. Chase duration. Does the survivor go down in 5 seconds or can they at least buy their teammates 30 seconds or more? While this should apply for killers, its more difficult to do for them since it's the survivors who are usually in control of chases if they know what they're doing and not screw up.
    4. The amount of successful team(2 or more people) escapes, with the consideration of how much they contributed during a match, should also be another factor. Did they help with the objectives and were they able to help their team succeed or were they the sole winner because they just hid?

    There are other things but I got new glasses since my old ones broke, and they're giving me a headache during the adjusting phase, so my brain is mush and I can't think of anything else.

    Those are excellent points ๐Ÿ˜‡.

    I am surprised hours aren't taken into consideration (maybe on individual killer sbmm it would be to much of a hassle coding it?)๐Ÿค”

  • @latinfla4 said:

    Escaping or killing survivors dont indicate skill in this game.

    Noed kills, camping hooks, etc. dont show killer skill.

    Hiding and escaping dont show survivor skill.

    A good killer gets multiple hooks and pressures survivors.

    A good survivor loops for long chases or does plenty of gens.

    Should these be the new mmr standards? Any thoughts?

    I think the current system is working fine. However they have it setup seems very fair.