What is your definition of "Toxic"

Just a question that I had in mind.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • Whether you find flashlight clicking, teabagging and other actions like that as annoying, we can say objectively, that those actions ARE performed to do exactly that - annoy and nothing else. And in my opinion, if you do something with a conscious choice to annoy other player(s), then you ARE toxic.

    And it doesn't matter if it annoys you or not. I don't care for the end game chat for example, doesn't matter if it's something silly like calling me stupid or more serious like death threats. I find it all rather silly and I don't care, it won't trigger me. But objectively, it's not really healthy that a person gets so aggressive over a game.

    Teabagging and other actions like that are like a 'language' between players, it's like a middle finger - somehow, in history, it's been defined as offensive and games do stuff like that as well, define their own 'language' or signs. So whether you find it offensive or amusing it doesn't matter - it's purpose is to annoy you and it's being used in 99% of the time only for that. So I think it should be deemed as toxic.

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2545170#Comment_2545170

    But what if I run a perk specifically to annoy or anger the other guy. Intentionally...

    Like Franklin's? They can get over it. Their problem is with the perk then, not the killer.

  • @NVerde said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2545170#Comment_2545170

    This sums it up for me.

    It can be Survivor to Killer, Killer to Survivor, or even Survivor to Survivor - had a situation recently on The Game vs Spirit, I found a glowing totem which I cleansed and it happened to be Haunted Ground. One of my teammates then got downed nearby, which he then decided to blame on me (sent me a sarcastic "Thanks broooooooooooooo" message) - I found dull totem a bit later in the game tucked in a corner and he deliberately blocked me in until the Spirit came. A little later, two of the team were hooked in the basement and I went down for the rescue and unhooked them both, but got downed and hooked myself and no one bothered to unhook me. He sent me another message along the lines of "me and my dudes decided that we wouldn't unhook you".

    To me that's just plain trash. Not only blaming someone for your failure, but then deliberately trolling them, and throwing the game to spite them - that's toxic behaviour. They all died soon after anyway. To be honest, I pity this type of person since their lives must be so incredibly sad and empty as to derive joy from ruining someone else's videogame. I can't imagine what level of pathetic you have to be to do that.

    I've sort of been on their end of that before. We decide not to save the random, not because we have an issue with them, but because the gen finishing time is literally more worth it than saving them. They'd have to really mess up to make us feel that way though, like running straight at the killer when we unhooked them without BT and are trying to block for them. Or if they're doing something stupid like cleansing against Plague when nobody else is, killing us all.

1 2 ›