Is there a way to tank my MMR?

All I've been getting are sweaty nurses and spirits for several matches in a row. I don't even run any meta perks, all I want to do is farm bloodpoints with WLGF, Prove Thyself, Detective's Hunch and Kindred but I keep getting tunnelled and camped so badly that I average around 7k bp a match. For the records, I have 260 hours play time and the max rank I got is Iri 4.

Comments

  • Escaping seems to be the only thing that gives MMR so just don’t escape I guess?

  • @alexera294 said:

    All I've been getting are sweaty nurses and spirits for several matches in a row. I don't even run any meta perks, all I want to do is farm bloodpoints with WLGF, Prove Thyself, Detective's Hunch and Kindred but I keep getting tunnelled and camped so badly that I average around 7k bp a match. For the records, I have 260 hours play time and the max rank I got is Iri 4.

    Farm BP and die. As far as i know, game counts escape as win. Just run all around, clean some totems, help your teammates and when time comes, die. So if u suicide instead of escaping it will tank your MMR.

  • @R2k said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/285440/is-there-a-way-to-tank-my-mmr

    Farm BP and die. As far as i know, game counts escape as win. Just run all around, clean some totems, help your teammates and when time comes, die. So if u suicide instead of escaping it will tank your MMR.

    I wish BHVR would spread survival BP to other actions. Losing 1/4 total bp for not escaping stinks. Thank you for the advice though. Guess I'll switch out some perks to buy time for my teammates.

  • @alexera294 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2542055#Comment_2542055

    I wish BHVR would spread survival BP to other actions. Losing 1/4 total bp for not escaping stinks. Thank you for the advice though. Guess I'll switch out some perks to buy time for my teammates.

    I'm actually thinking they need to do overall survivor team pool which is capped around 30k BP. So when any survivor does something that benefits his team, points are put into pool. And if team fills it up to 30K, after game each survivor gets 30K no matter the result.

  • Why arent people here telling OP to just play casual and you wont get sweats because thats how sbmm works in their heads?

    On the topic, you just need to lose....maybe few times, maybe dozens of times even.

  • if you get tunneled every round why not equip DS?

  • @ShinobuSK said:

    Why arent people here telling OP to just play casual and you wont get sweats because thats how sbmm works in their heads?

    On the topic, you just need to lose....maybe few times, maybe dozens of times even.

    Because some killers are so bad that good survivor will outplay them while drinking beer same time. And I assume OP is good one, so playing casual doesn't work for him.

  • @SirGando said:

    if you get tunneled every round why not equip DS?

    I find that I'm really... like really really bad at chases. Even with DS most of my chases don't last longer than 30 seconds. So I figured I bring other perks that can help my team like cleansing totems and speeding up gens or Kindred in case I got camped.

  • @alexera294 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2542104#Comment_2542104

    I find that I'm really... like really really bad at chases. Even with DS most of my chases don't last longer than 30 seconds. So I figured I bring other perks that can help my team like cleansing totems and speeding up gens or Kindred in case I got camped.

    Bring Kindred If u play solo. It's almost must have if u want your teammates be efficient. And stick to someone cause when u help them repair gens or 2man healing etc, u get more BP. Also u get BP when u body block.

    Bring exhaustion perk to run away and Spine chills to figure out where is killer. Helps a lot.

    Even if u are bad at chasing u call pull of 20k BP most of the games.

  • @R2k said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2542060#Comment_2542060

    I'm actually thinking they need to do overall survivor team pool which is capped around 30k BP. So when any survivor does something that benefits his team, points are put into pool. And if team fills it up to 30K, after game each survivor gets 30K no matter the result.

    I want to add that this is now possible with dedicated servers! The servers should be able to track the Survivor BP pool and give the points to you even if you die early and the game goes on without you for several more minutes.

    This definitely would help a bit with frustrations due to being camped or tunnelled out early.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    Escaping seems to be the only thing that gives MMR so just don’t escape I guess?

    @R2k said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/285440/is-there-a-way-to-tank-my-mmr

    Farm BP and die. As far as i know, game counts escape as win. Just run all around, clean some totems, help your teammates and when time comes, die. So if u suicide instead of escaping it will tank your MMR.

    So wait a min- escaping is what increases your MMR??! Oh F trying to take aggro off other players and being a Martyr so others can escape- I’m being selfish now!

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2542080#Comment_2542080

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2542135#Comment_2542135

    That sounds like an aweful idea. Do you really want the meg that urban evasioned getting the same amount of points as you ? What about the Claudette who self cared in the corner for 40 seconds because of sloppy butcher ? What about the person who killed themselves first hook because they got found/caught first and ######### your team over ?

    Why not? First of all we are teammates and only secondary we are selfish babies fighting about who bring more BP. It will help a lot for those who was tunneled or learns how to play the game.

  • @KerJuice said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2542054#Comment_2542054

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2542055#Comment_2542055

    So wait a min- escaping is what increases your MMR??! Oh F trying to take aggro off other players and being a Martyr so others can escape- I’m being selfish now!

    We don't know if it does, but probably. Saving someone and then dying might give you the same MMR change as escaping, but we also don't know how it works in that case.

    @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2542080#Comment_2542080

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2542135#Comment_2542135

    That sounds like an aweful idea. Do you really want the meg that urban evasioned getting the same amount of points as you ? What about the Claudette who self cared in the corner for 40 seconds because of sloppy butcher ? What about the person who killed themselves first hook because they got found/caught first and ######### your team over ?

    It could work like in Guild Wars 2 for example, where maps with big, mapwide events track your participation and you get more rewards for high participation.

    Could work the same in Dbd: Low participation means you get a low % of points from the shared pool.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2542080#Comment_2542080

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2542135#Comment_2542135

    That sounds like an aweful idea. Do you really want the meg that urban evasioned getting the same amount of points as you ? What about the Claudette who self cared in the corner for 40 seconds because of sloppy butcher ? What about the person who killed themselves first hook because they got found/caught first and ######### your team over ?

    Slight revision to the idea, what if certain events rewarded all survivors with some points, but additional points to the ones that did the action?

    (You performed) Safe Unhook: 500 pts

    (Someone else) Survivor unhooked: 100 pts.

    You could do the same for totems/hexes cleansed, Generators repaired and exit gates opened.

    Also make WGLF give stacks whenever a survivor is unhooked, don't encourage people to rush hooks.

  • Here's what you need to understand:

    *You have a starting SBMM score (based on how well you played before the new system went into effect) that is used to determine who you are matched against.

    *After each match, your SBMM score can go slightly up or down. Obviously, we don't know EXACTLY how it works, but for purpose of illustration, let's imagine that after each match you can gain up to 10 SBMM points or lose up to 10 SBMM points.

    *The points gained or lost after each match are NOT determined solely by whether you escape or die. It's a sliding scale between +10 points and -10 points. That means it's perfectly possible to end up with a match that doesn't change your SBMM score at all (i.e. net +0 points), or a match that slightly increases or decreases your SBMM score (such as +2 points or -2 points). I also think it's extremely likely that having a very good match but dying at the end will actually INCREASE your SBMM score (similar to how you can get + pips even when you die). Maybe you'd end up with +3 or +5 SBMM points per game (not the maximum +10), but your SBMM score could still be going UP even though you die alot.

    *If you wanted to go out of your way to lower your SBMM score quickly and keep it lower, you'd need to have REALLY BAD matches many, many times in a row (I'm thinking like a dozen or two dozen games where you die quickly, get a very low number of bloodpoints, and get less than a safety pip). Then, once you start having good games again, your SBMM score will start going back up. So, you'd need to watch out that you don't have too many very good games in a row (otherwise, your SBMM score might start getting close to where it was originally).

  • @KerJuice said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2542054#Comment_2542054

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2542055#Comment_2542055

    So wait a min- escaping is what increases your MMR??! Oh F trying to take aggro off other players and being a Martyr so others can escape- I’m being selfish now!

    Devs themselves stated kills / escapes do not count towards MMR....

    If they did count it would be far to easy to manipulate it and exploit it.

  • Well after two weeks of playing games where I was totally outmatched I hard nosedived into 30 straight losses.

    I mean big losses,

    no hooks, barely any hits etc and after that games are "balanced" again and by balanced I mean I have a chance to hook multiple survivors in a game without sweating through my shirt and even had one evening where I got a 3 and 4k, won't see times like that again.

    Since then I play as I normally would and seem to jump up and down between hard win and hard loss, guess that's as it should be and much better than the constant sweat slog I was originally in.

    At least I'm getting enough of the potatoes I deserve to have a good game every now and then and that's all one can expect from the latest design.

    Also found that players seem more relaxed and are less upset about losses and less obnoxious about wins. Just gotta find your casual spot and stick there, its just harder to do with the new SBMM.

  • @Grimzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2542151#Comment_2542151

    Devs themselves stated kills / escapes do not count towards MMR....

    If they did count it would be far to easy to manipulate it and exploit it.

    They said that kills and escapes were not the ONLY variable. It is still relevant, however.

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2542459#Comment_2542459

    They said that kills and escapes were not the ONLY variable. It is still relevant, however.

    Yeah I think it's not as important now. I lost about 24 matches in a row standing still for killers to hook me at the exit gates. Just got another match with a sweaty nurse.

    Maybe it's based on gens complete for survivors too?

  • @alexera294 said:

    All I've been getting are sweaty nurses and spirits for several matches in a row. I don't even run any meta perks, all I want to do is farm bloodpoints with WLGF, Prove Thyself, Detective's Hunch and Kindred but I keep getting tunnelled and camped so badly that I average around 7k bp a match. For the records, I have 260 hours play time and the max rank I got is Iri 4.

    Honestly, just ease up a bit. Stop looping so aggressively. If you play in SWFs, do a few solo games every night.

    While you will occasionally run into a jerk killer who smurfed their MMR down by AFKing (and hopefully will eventually eat a ban for it), if you are getting matched against sweaty killers it probably means you are better than you think you are.