is anyone else thinking about stepping away from DBD

So I've been playing DBD since the Of Flesh and Mud Chapter. I've loved the game from then till now. With some of the decisions the devs have made and the overall state of the game just feel like a sweat feast. It no longer fun to play and I've been gravitating to other games for the past few months. I wet through collage playing this game finding it a way to wind down and have fun, I've since graduated and have moved on to a full time job 40 hours a week, working in the labor force. But I've found that DBD doesn't do it for me anymore. Its more frustrating then it is fun and relaxing. Most games I don't want to go all try hard playing killer, (my favorite side) and just go all no mercy. By making sure to bring the strongest addons, the same old strong perks, and using some tactics that most survivors hate. I enjoy mixing things up with odd builds. But with the new SBMM (Skilled Based Match Making) its just made the game boring and toxic, seeing the same few survivor perks gets old fast. I'm thinking about walking away from it. Am I the only one feeling this way?

Comments

  • I've been playing since 2017 and thinking about leaving too. SBMM has killed the game for me. I used to be a killer main and it's simply not fun anymore. Every match is a sweatfest and having any sort of casual fun is nonexistent. It's so sad that they implemented this system indefinitely. All I hear and see is killers dropping like flies which is just boosting survivors even more. The game was always somewhat imbalanced and now it's just a disaster. When survivors control the match, you know the game is broke.

  • im just waiting for something taht replaces dbd for good, may hapen may not.

  • @Kurri said:

    I wish, but I have a couple friends who refuse to leave so I'm stuck if I want to keep playing with them.

    If you think your getting burnt out on a game, stop playing, I had that problem with another game, Sea of Thieves, didnt stop playing it, and have not played in it months, maybe a year. If you feel like its getting repetitive, stop playing, pick it up in a month or so and it will feel new

  • @panaku said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2539459#Comment_2539459

    you are survivor main... so easy to see that you are... go play killer for a month or two.. and then you will be able to talk about fun in this game

    I play both sides actually, but I get that it's easy (and lazy) to just make stuff up for the sake of your argument.

  • Well, I have taken like 3 breaks but the game right now is keeping me hooked so I don't think I will stop playing any time soon.

  • @hiken said:

    im just waiting for something taht replaces dbd for good, may hapen may not.

    I definitely can't wait to check out Hellbent's "VHS" that's coming out soon.

  • I don't take this game seriously anymore so I can play both sides and just have fun. If I lose? Then it's a gg then I move on to the next game, if the games are continously horrible then I get off.

    I have taken regular breaks the last year but that was before I just learnt not to take this game serious lol now I enjoy it way more.

    I'm so excited for Mikaela dropping and the new rift for Halloween and normal rift!


    I'm not blind though, I know over the last year the game has gotten extremely bad for peoples attitudes and competitive nature increasing thus hurting the game health and the devs are so duhhhh a lot of the times I can't comprehend it.

    Take regular breaks and just play for fun, but if your way of fun is having to win most if not all your matches then you shouldn't play games in general imo. (Saying this in general not just to the post creator).

  • I couldn’t quit this game forever because I love it. There are a lot of times where I get super frustrated and burned out that I need to take a break and comeback when i’m ready.

  • @Commnder said:

    So I've been playing DBD since the Of Flesh and Mud Chapter. I've loved the game from then till now. With some of the decisions the devs have made and the overall state of the game just feel like a sweat feast. It no longer fun to play and I've been gravitating to other games for the past few months. I wet through collage playing this game finding it a way to wind down and have fun, I've since graduated and have moved on to a full time job 40 hours a week, working in the labor force. But I've found that DBD doesn't do it for me anymore. Its more frustrating then it is fun and relaxing. Most games I don't want to go all try hard playing killer, (my favorite side) and just go all no mercy. By making sure to bring the strongest addons, the same old strong perks, and using some tactics that most survivors hate. I enjoy mixing things up with odd builds. But with the new SBMM (Skilled Based Match Making) its just made the game boring and toxic, seeing the same few survivor perks gets old fast. I'm thinking about walking away from it. Am I the only one feeling this way?

    Hadn't played in a month til today. Still the same old same old: 4x DS, 4x BT, Adrenaline loop and repeat. Boring. Guess i'll try again in a few more months.

1 2 ›