This never happens to me when I play killer.

You only need to watch the first 5 seconds of this. I thought the desync was supposed to favour what the survivor was seeing.

Obviously not.

https://youtu.be/ffn4rE0BL_g


Comments

  • Should of thrown the pallet.

  • I though who has better ms wins not otherwise. 300ms killers are op now?

  • @Mr_K said:

    Should of thrown the pallet.

    I didn't think I would have got hit lol

    @R2k said:

    I though who has better ms wins not otherwise. 300ms killers are op now?

    My ping was in the green and it averages between 25-40ms

  • Omg that’s crazy

  • @Nathan13 said:

    Omg that’s crazy

    Tell me about it lol. I just got hit there, ran to the pallet and still got hit without the killer moving.

  • @Purgatorian said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2537253#Comment_2537253

    Tell me about it lol. I just got hit there, ran to the pallet and still got hit without the killer moving.

    Dang servers can screw people over.

  • The change they made only applies to hits after pallet stuns. You can still get hit from miles away at windows, undropped pallets, in the open, etc. because the game uses data from the killer side to determine whether something hit or not with no verification. That’s why some unscrupulous people VPN for an advantage.

  • @xenotimebong said:

    The change they made only applies to hits after pallet stuns. You can still get hit from miles away at windows, undropped pallets, in the open, etc. because the game uses data from the killer side to determine whether something hit or not with no verification. That’s why some unscrupulous people VPN for an advantage.

    So do you think that could have been vpn or just very bad ping on the killers side? The ping was green in the lobby.

  • @Purgatorian said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2537326#Comment_2537326

    So do you think that could have been vpn or just very bad ping on the killers side? The ping was green in the lobby.

    The ping you see in the lobby is your connection to the server, the killer’s ping is entirely separate and there’s no way to see it. Hits like that are usually down to a connection issue, either on your side or the killer’s. It’s hard to say for definite which caused the problem because you could have had a temporary issue with your connection, or it could have been the killer’s connection that was bad.

  • DBD, the game you're actually punished for having good internet.

  • @R2k said:

    I though who has better ms wins not otherwise. 300ms killers are op now?

    If this was the case lag switching wouldnt be a thing

  • Happened to me a few times. Whenever I get hit from somewhere I just hold W and the killer is confused since I got downed across the map and can't find my body lol. My body probably teleported on his screen.

  • @xenotimebong said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2537442#Comment_2537442

    The ping you see in the lobby is your connection to the server, the killer’s ping is entirely separate and there’s no way to see it. Hits like that are usually down to a connection issue, either on your side or the killer’s. It’s hard to say for definite which caused the problem because you could have had a temporary issue with your connection, or it could have been the killer’s connection that was bad.

    When we were peer to peer and got red ping it happened fairly often, first time I have seen it that bad on dedicated servers.

    @Labrac said:

    DBD, the game you're actually punished for having good internet.

    Tell me about it lol. I don't have the best Internet but between 100-150mbps down and 30mb up. Still I get hit by that.

    @Myla said:

    Happened to me a few times. Whenever I get hit from somewhere I just hold W and the killer is confused since I got downed across the map and can't find my body lol. My body probably teleported on his screen.

    One off for me and I hope it stays that way lol.

  • @Myla said:

    Happened to me a few times. Whenever I get hit from somewhere I just hold W and the killer is confused since I got downed across the map and can't find my body lol. My body probably teleported on his screen.

    As a killer, yeah, basically the body teleports. It even does that when a zombie is the one who gets the down, believe it or not.