Are kills/escapes/time really the only things that affect sbmm?
Sometimes I get really tough games and end up on losing streak on survivor/killer but it seems that my oponents/teammates either stay similar skill wise or they get even stronger which is kinda weird.
Comments
It isn't hard to test.
It's hard to tell cause not everyone plays for win, so when u 4k chill players u might suddenly get swf that's play for win. Without actual MMR it's more of a guess who will be your next opponent.
To really notice a difference in the skill of your opponents, I think you'd need to do truly BADLY (like de-piping consistently) for many, many matches in a row. You have to keep in mind that your SBMM score can only go down (or up) a little bit after each match. If you have some bad matches followed by some good matches, your score might end up almost exactly where it started.
While I know that the SBMM system is not exactly the same as the old system, I think it's helpful to recall what it would take in the old system to go from, say, Rank 3 to Rank 6. You'd need to do TERRIBLY for a whole lot of games in a row in order to drop ranks.
Do pips matter tho? I rarely depip but I don't think it matters.
Correct. I got one of my characters so low that survivors run past pallets into dead zones and i can play with sound off and watching a stream at the same time. There is a shocking number of twitch or youtubers down here by the way.
I know that pips are technically separate from SBMM, but I think it's a good frame of reference for how badly you'd have to do to lose very much of your SBMM score after each match.
If I had to guess, I'd say that emblems are probly how they measure whether to increase or decrease your mmr after a match.
Hmmmm.