This is the best Patch yet! Here's why I think that
Killer Changes!
Let's get everything rolling and talk about the nerf from god himself, The Deathslinger nerf. Now, you probably thought I would say "The Spirit Nerf", but there is nothing in this game that pisses me off more than a Deathslinger lmao. I know that Deathslinger wasn't really that strong of a killer, but 🎵I don't care! I love it!🎵
The Spirit nerfs are also really nice. I just hope they didn't nerf her into the ground because I still want her to be Top Tier. But her Add-On reworks, oh god they are amazing. They sound super fun to use, and I will 100% use them. One of them literally makes her go BOOM
The buff for Trapper is one of the most important changes in general, at least in my opinion. Being able to carry 2 traps is a really good buff. And I believe they said that there will always be a set amount of traps on the map for him to pick up? The changes for the Add-Ons are also really good. But I don't play enough Trapper to actually care.
THE PLAGUE BU... - Yea whatever.
Perk change
Windows of Opportunity is 100% my favourite buff in this patch. But that's probably because Woo is one of my favourite perks in the game. I also really like the buff for Any Means Necessary because I've always wanted it to allow you to see dropped pallets. And now my wish was granted.
The Built to Last rework is awesome but scary at the same time. I can defiantly see it becoming a part of the current meta. But with the right build and Items, it will probably become really strong and maybe a little out of control.
Vigil got a great buff. But if it stacks with other Vigils. I believe it would be kinda broken in a 4 man SWF. Because if my math is correct, (which it probably isn't), exhaustion will have a negative 8-second cooldown.
Babysitter/Guardian is now a good perk IMO
The Mindbreaker/Fearmonger buff seems a bit useless. I don't see how Blindness will be effective on a person that is sitting on a gen. I think it would be better if it was the Oblivious status effect and not Blindness. But maybe that would be too strong.
And there are even more perk changes! I just don't care about them. But they are really good!
- Hatch? Not today! I can't believe that they finally did something about Keys and Hatch. This made me really happy because now I won't have a teammate that just escapes while I'm bleeding out of my ass.
- Boon Totems? Heck yeeee!
And to top everything off. I found this on their Twitter, and if it's true, 3 Blink Nurse is back Baby! Hell yea!
(Yes, I got those lines from the Original-Patch-Update-Information-Thingy... I hope it's okay for me using them, otherwise, I will remove them from this post xd)

Comments
This is the kind of enthusiasm more people should have on these forums.
Everywhere you go is just pessimists and doomsayers freaking out over nothing.
Good thread OP.
Love everything besides new nurse add on and deathslinger’s TR but overall an amazing update
I do not really enjoy this patch myself, but I wouldn't really say it is pessimism or doomsaying. I just do not like a lot of the decisions. It happens, I like a lot of stuff other people heavily disliked.
To your Vigil assumption: if it would stack, it wouldn't work like that. 100% reduction means half the regular time, 200% reduction means third of the regular time. So don't worry. And I think stuff like that never stacks. Same like Leader, Prove Thyself or Streetwise.
Being Oblivious on any gen would be constant Tinkerer effect, yeah that is too strong :P Blindness would affect Bond, Kindred, Alert, Aftercare or Wedding Ring for example. With Kindred, you need to let go 5 seconds and wait for the effect to vanish before you can check that you need to go unhook, seeing chased survivors with Bond that get close to you to allow you hiding, commiting or taking a hit is completely blocked. Maybe kinda rare, but definitely not useless.
For Built to last there is already a bigger post, don't forget that you need to stay 36 seconds in lockers as well as finding and running to them, to get your item refilled twice. On toolboxes, even the best with best addons, this costs more time to refill than they save you on gens. And with medkits, you can think about overkill setups but you barely will waste 9 heals with a super buffed purple medkit. Healing others with that medkit has the same problem, you waste more time refilling than saving time while healing others, and you never heal yourself 9 times in one match. The only sick thing might be a strong toolbox combined with Inner Strength and you only refill when you heal in lockers.
And I'm super happy that they announced the dust thing on Spirit will not be part of the PTB due to lack of time. Because I think that would completely kill her pallet plays as you can pinpoint her and know when to switch sides, when to vault and when to drop.
I just dont like they removed the weapon addons for the rework. The longer post phasing addons were balanced imo, they made sick plays possible but also encouraged risky swings, allowing misses as these ultra high speed swings are sometimes hard to control. and if you hit, they were super fun as killer
not sure about the new effects, when you need to place your husk 4m to any vault location, it seems to be a very niche effect and easy to outplay when you once saw that addon is in play. and besides Otz's omega brain moves with the nurses teleport-back addon, I never saw it being used on nurse nor how I would effectively use it. So I can't imagine how this will work on spirit either
YES
i agree, it’s great to see so many changes at once and pretty much all seem to be inspired by community feedback (but not only one specific part of the community)
Hey man, I like the majority of the changes too.
But I also would prefer if one of the killers I enjoy playing doesn't feel like jank or ######### to play because some people found him "unfun" to play against.
I just have no reason to celebrate those changes because those changes should've come sooner rather than later. The Hatch change especially was a long time coming.
Also please don't try to psychoanalyze everyone who plays this game, you'll give yourself an aneurysm. The reason people are pessimistic is because it's BHVR. They're the same company who promised Billy will only get an add-on pass and pretty much turned him into the unicorn of Killers. Only appearing in very few survivor matches.
They're the same company who couldn't launch RCPD in a working state. They're the same company who kept disabling Dead Dawg constantly.
They're also the same company who constantly has ignored console optimizations, and while I myself don't particularly care about console since I play on PC, it's still a pretty good chunk of their playerbase having consistent issues that has not really been addressed all that well.
They're the exact same company who thought the original Mettle of Man was good design.
If you want to have a problem with people who have doubts with BHVR, take that up with BHVR who has given people little reason to trust them.
I think it was a brilliant patch also. Lots of changes in one patch which is something we've asked for.
This is what the devs listen to. Someone who is all about FUN and not LIKING facing certain killers and being EXCITED about bad changes and not even caring about half of the other stuff that's gone wrong. What a shame for competative players like myself who have to deal with these changes.
Bad changes? How in the world are these bad changes?
of course some of them should have been here sooner. But that doesn’t make these changes bad.
Is it wrong that I play for fun and that I don't enjoy some of the killers, and then when the frustrating part about them is getting changed, I get excited because the game will be more fun?
I'm excited for this upcoming mid chapter!! Only thing I'm not looking forward too is the game updating on my xbox for 3 hours.
These updates are amazing if you like survivor.
Killer, not so much.