Do you like the patch notes?
So the two patches notes are in wrapping up most details about the mid chapter patch. Many changes
So the two patches notes are in wrapping up most details about the mid chapter patch. Many changes
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Somebody said something about survivors being able to replace a hex totem with a boon. If that is true I am going to dislike that.
Only thing I dislike are the Deathslinger changes, because he might be not worth playing as anymore over Huntress or even Trickster.
No Iron Will nerf and Deathslinger getting nerfed into nothing. Other than that it's good.
The only thing I like are the key/hatch nerf and WoW buff. Not sure how I feel about boon totems.
I hope that’s not the case. Especially if they can do it multiple times.
More dull totems? — Dead By Daylight
It's the case. As said by Mandy.
Wait i’m confused are they adding more totems??
I love the news overall, but the hatch news has me worried:
THE HATCH & KEYSThe hatch, and keys by extension, have long been very contentious topics, leading to some heated debates. We have some changes incoming to make them a little fairer.First, the hatch will no longer spawn if there’s more than one Survivors in the trial. This means you’ll never have to worry about the last three Survivors vanishing when there’s still one generator left.Additionally, the hatch will now take a few seconds to open with a key once it is closed. Progress does not reset when the Survivor cancels the interaction. This eliminates the problem where a Survivor can simply sprint straight at the hatch and instantly open it and escape.With that said, these changes will make the “Where Did They Go!?” achievement impossible to obtain, so it will be changed to ‘Escape through the Hatch using a Key.”So, I'm reading this to mean that the hatch will now only spawn when there's only one survivor left and it pops open. Then, either the last survivor hops in and escapes, or the killer slams it and endgame collapse starts.
That means that the ONLY time a survivor can use a key to open a hatch is during the endgame collapse started by the killer slamming it, AND it takes longer to use. Beyond getting the achievement (and the lukewarm aura reading abilities of key add-ons), this means that there's really no incentive to bring a key into a match, and it also means that finding ANY key in a chest is now almost as useless as finding a broken key.
Am I missing something?
(on the upside, this means that hatch camping is no longer an option! yay!)
Peanits said there will be more changes coming to keys.
No. That first bit of text is a link. A link to a post by Mandy explaining that they're making it so Survivors can flat out replace a Hex with a Boon. And in a different thread I lost track of, Mandy said they could reapply a blessing to a new totem if the Killer got rid of it. Meaning Killers have zero ways to get a Boon perk out of the game. If Boons are impactful enough, they will make playing Killer absolutely miserable.
oh! hooray! 😀
Well than it’s not gonna make much sense to use hex perks anymore. Considering they’re always gone in early game.
I like the Plague changes and the perk buffs. I'm a bit worried about the key/hatch nerf and the new Boon Totems, though.
I would also like to express my appreciation for sweet, sweet numbers instead of "moderately" in descriptions. Yay, numbers!!!! ❤️❤️❤️
Amazing changes. Better text. Keys are now worthless but they are broken right now and I see no way to fix them so whatever. New perk buffs are all wonderful. Windows of Opportunity is gonna be my new favorite perk. DS and Spirit changes are ehhh but they should not be too awful.
I'm mostly indifferent. Some stuff seems cool, most stuff people are freaking out about being OP or too big of a nerf seem to be an overreaction. I'm mostly concerned about performance issues when patch goes live.
I love it, i just fear the Boon Totems... :/ because as killer i don't have the time to search for totems... but totday we will see how it works
So what if boon totems can replace a Hex totem? If a survivor found your hex totem, it's going to be lost and cleansed anyway regardless of them having a boon totem perk on or not. It's heavily implied blessing a totem will take the same amount of time as cleansing.
Plus, you have no idea how useful the boon totems will be. Saying you "hate" something before even knowing how it works is just pure ignorance. Take a seat, calm down and wait for the official PTB patch notes before having a panic attack lmao.
Sure I love it even though the fact that I now get a key in half my lobbies after the Devs announced their nerf.
Boons need nerfs and Deathslinger's nerf was needed but delivering it without giving him map pressure is a mistake. But looking at it overall I love it, can't wait to play Ghostface without having to be a powerless M1 killer half the match.