Slinger changes unfair

Slinger had a uniqueness from huntress and trickster but he has been changed into huntress who pulls you in for a hit. Quick shots were his thing. I understand the aim cooldown but the removal of quick shots is uncalled for. Killers become weaker.

Comments

  • I have to overall disagree. With this change survivors at least have a chance to dodge a shot. I do think he should become 115 if he's going to have a 32m TR.

  • @thrawn3054 said:

    I have to overall disagree. With this change survivors at least have a chance to dodge a shot. I do think he should become 115 if he's going to have a 32m TR.

    That's the issue with huntress you miss have a 2 seconds cooldown and can throw a hatchet but with slinger you take a 1.5 cooldown plus a 3 second reload. He is fundamentally bad now

  • I'm not a deathslinger player but reading the update made me feel that those changes we're totally unnecessary. Made him worse

  • @Tricksters_30thBlade said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2524803#Comment_2524803

    That's the issue with huntress you miss have a 2 seconds cooldown and can throw a hatchet but with slinger you take a 1.5 cooldown plus a 3 second reload. He is fundamentally bad now

    Which is why I feel he needs the speed increase.

  • @thrawn3054 said:

    I have to overall disagree. With this change survivors at least have a chance to dodge a shot. I do think he should become 115 if he's going to have a 32m TR.

    I think this is not even a problem. Huntress has a 50m lullaby she can't get rid of...

    Slinger can still equip M&A. This gives him old 24m terror radius, which is plenty. And he still has an antiloop power.

    I can understand of people feel he is more clunky cuz of the cooldowns, so I hope the devs won't go too far with them.

  • but the removal of quick shots is uncalled for.

    There is 0.4s from you starting the aim animation to being able to fire. Up from like 0.25 or whatever it was before.

    0.4 seconds. 400 milliseconds. Barely noticeable. When you factor in latency, the Survivor is still going to have no time to dodge.

  • @Tricksters_30thBlade said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2524803#Comment_2524803

    That's the issue with huntress you miss have a 2 seconds cooldown and can throw a hatchet but with slinger you take a 1.5 cooldown plus a 3 second reload. He is fundamentally bad now

    • Activate/Deactivate ADS: 0.15 seconds
    • Firing delay: 0.5 seconds.
      • This refers to the time it takes for the projectile to launch from the gun after pressing the Attack button.

    Per the changes from the post.

    • You can no longer shoot until you have fully aimed down sights 
    • Increased the delay after cancelling your shot before you can start a Basic Attack  
    • Decreased movement speed penalty while aiming down sights  

    @thrawn3054 said:

    I have to overall disagree. With this change survivors at least have a chance to dodge a shot. I do think he should become 115 if he's going to have a 32m TR.

    The changes don't effect the survivors chance to dodge a shot, it just prevents Deathslingers from faking m2's without a penalty.