BHVR’s killer nerds are just survivor sided

Behavior keeps nerfing killers and doesn’t take the killer into account at all, i know spirit and deathslinger were very strong and needed nerfs but when Pyramid Head needs nerfs they buff him as compensation, what does spirit get? Does stridor get rebuffed? No does Iron Will get nerfed? No does Spirit herself receive some little buff? No she just straight up gets 2 nerfs. Then what about Deathslinger, he can no longer quickscope which is the fun thing about him and what does he get? Faster reload? More durable chain? Nope, just a speed increase while aiming? Are you serious? And then he also gets a bigger terror radius? I’m fine with the bigger terror radius but now that all the fun things have been taken away it won’t effect me cuz I won’t play the guy no more, BHVR needs to just get some people with an ounce of competence on their balance team because this is sad, stop nerfing all the fun killers and then giving them nothing in return, you wanna nerf these killers? Then give them a meaningful buff in return stop making this game even more survivor sided than it already is, cuz I haven’t even been playing for a full year and I’m about to quit it’s getting ridiculous

Comments

  • DAMN YOU KILLER NERDS!

  • @Lycidas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2525929#Comment_2525929

    Otherwise your 4k is left up to a dice roll.

    Oh no, I have dominated all game but 1 person escaped because of hatch. Anyway..

    I mean seriously, what happens in that situation? Are you tied to a gaming chair and someone punches you in the face if you don't get a 4k?

    I get wanting the 4k, but is it THAT important? You won the game already, there is no need to drag the thing for 40 more minutes

    I don't know. Why should you escape as survivor? 2-3 of your teammates already did, so why do you need to escape so bad?

  • @ad19970 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2526007#Comment_2526007

    I have no idea what my MMR is, but I was at rank 1 long enough before the SBMM.

    Again, I understand that the game is still survivor sided at the highest level of play, but it was so much worse back then, the game has come a long way since then and it's not that terrible anymore, in my opinion. The pallet distribution nerfs and healing nerf from a few years ago for example were really good. In the last few years the buffs have been less impactful in general, but killers themselves have received some big buffs, like Doctor or Leatherface.

    My biggest thing is that I can't help but feel that many matches, the killer didn't even have a chance to win. Whether it's me or someone else. That if it was a low or mid tier killer, running full gen defense, making few to no mistakes in chase, they probably would still have lost no matter what they did. Sure, maybe they could have gone for a 4-man slug, but it's not healthy for the game if that's what it has to turn into every time the killer gets on the back foot, which is the case from the very start of the match a lot of the time.

  • This thread is still called "killer nerd"?

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2526694#Comment_2526694

    I don't know. Why should you escape as survivor? 2-3 of your teammates already did, so why do you need to escape so bad?

    That..has nothing to do with your reasoning on hatch

    2 or 3 survivors escaped, yes, that doesn't mean that I should automatically escape: I still need to "earn" my escape by either going out a door or going out the hatch

  • @Lycidas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2532229#Comment_2532229

    That..has nothing to do with your reasoning on hatch

    2 or 3 survivors escaped, yes, that doesn't mean that I should automatically escape: I still need to "earn" my escape by either going out a door or going out the hatch

    Door opening being an earned escape, I get. But what about hatch? You just press a button on a place that the killer can't even patrol because he doesn't have an aura to follow like he does with the gates.

  • You’ve gotta be joking… they’ve been kissing killers a**es lately

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2527263#Comment_2527263

    My biggest thing is that I can't help but feel that many matches, the killer didn't even have a chance to win. Whether it's me or someone else. That if it was a low or mid tier killer, running full gen defense, making few to no mistakes in chase, they probably would still have lost no matter what they did. Sure, maybe they could have gone for a 4-man slug, but it's not healthy for the game if that's what it has to turn into every time the killer gets on the back foot, which is the case from the very start of the match a lot of the time.

    So, slugging and tunneling is something that needs to be kept in mind when talking about the game's balance. It's not fun, but it is possible, and since it can sometimes be the best strategy in a given situation, it needs to be considered.

    I understand that there are enough matches where the killer didn't have a chance. Especially because of the survivor sided maps in this game. But I also do think that it feels more often like that than it actually is the case.

    The thing is, killer can be very punishing. A few mistakes or outplays when you don't have a lot of pressure going on, especially at the start of the match, can decide over the outcome of the match. That doesn't mean you didn't have a chance to win. If you would have outplayed the survivor those one, two or three times where they outplayed you, or you wouldn't have made those few mistakes, the match could have had a much different course of events and therefor perhaps a different outcome. This is also because doing good as a killer, getting a fast down, is kind of double impactful. On the one hand you have come your objective goal a bit closer, and in addition to that, you also pretty much push the opposing side, the survivors, a bit away from their objective goal, because now they also have to go for an unhook.

    But losing because of a few mistakes or outplays like that of course feels like you never had a chance to win to begin with, because it all depended on maybe a few mistakes or outplays on the survivor side.

    I do think that at the highest level of play, the game is survivor sided. No doubt. But I also don't think it's as bad as some people say it is. I think the fact that killer can be much more stressful, and that mistakes or being outplayed as killer can be more punishing makes it feel like the game is even more survivor sided than it actually is.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2532734#Comment_2532734

    Door opening being an earned escape, I get. But what about hatch? You just press a button on a place that the killer can't even patrol because he doesn't have an aura to follow like he does with the gates.

    Your example had 2-3 survivors already out, which means the door is open, so you just said that if 2-3 survivors escaped, I deserve to escape (which is NOT always true, but you make it sound like that)

    Accept the fact that hatch is there to avoid a stall at the end of the game and move on, and start considering the fact that YOU WON even if the immersed claudette who did nothing all match gets hatch after you slaughtered the rest of the team

  • @Lycidas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2532900#Comment_2532900

    Your example had 2-3 survivors already out, which means the door is open, so you just said that if 2-3 survivors escaped, I deserve to escape (which is NOT always true, but you make it sound like that)

    Accept the fact that hatch is there to avoid a stall at the end of the game and move on, and start considering the fact that YOU WON even if the immersed claudette who did nothing all match gets hatch after you slaughtered the rest of the team

    It wasn't talking about the same scenario. I was saying in general. But more importantly, hatch is just the cheapest thing possible, and nobody's gonna change my mind on that. Press a button in and win! These changes did nothing to fix that.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2533166#Comment_2533166

    It wasn't talking about the same scenario. I was saying in general. But more importantly, hatch is just the cheapest thing possible, and nobody's gonna change my mind on that. Press a button in and win! These changes did nothing to fix that.

    These changes did nothing to fix that

    Ok, so hatch not spawning unless only 1 SURVIVOR IS LEFT didn't fix anything?

    Ok dude, between this and your discussion on Pop I can't take you seriously anymore, sorry 😂

  • @Lycidas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2533174#Comment_2533174

    These changes did nothing to fix that

    Ok, so hatch not spawning unless only 1 SURVIVOR IS LEFT didn't fix anything?

    Ok dude, between this and your discussion on Pop I can't take you seriously anymore, sorry 😂

    I may have a "radical" opinion here and there, but I'm still very much knowledgeable about what I'm discussing, and anyone can observe that. Don't give in to selective memory.

  • @Pizzaman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/282972/bhvr-s-killer-nerds-are-just-survivor-sided

    The adjustments are necessary. If you can't understand why, you are probably not interested in the game having a decent balance.

    And no, the devs don't need to give a "meaningfull buff in return". There is nothing to ask for, nothing to be compensated, just nothing. If new Killers are released, and they are as unhealthy for the gameplay like nurse, spirit and deathslinger, then enjoy the slaughterfest while it lasts. But you can not, in all seriousness, be so entitled that you want to get a buff when the devs correct some of their design mistakes.

    Balancing is not a zero sum game.

    Taking what feels fun to people who play a killer into account every now and then wouldn't hurt. Balance isn't just mechanics centric and if there is something that people who play that killer most likes being able to do with the killer and it makes sense thematically and mechanically then preserving it should be a priority.

    I'm not a Deathslinger player, but I am an FPS player and quickscoping is a very common and very accepted style of play among rifle users. It's clearly something that people who played that killer enjoyed doing because it felt fun to do. It should have been preserved while addressing the mechanical issue. There are ways to make Slinger less pressuring, but then again that is the issue with anything in this game in regards to balance regardless of side. The game is supposed to be more fun than competitive, but the recent additions and changes haven't done much other than just add more stress to set of players who are already stressed out.

    Spirit getting directional phasing is fine as long as the only thing that gets added to her. The situation the looping situation isn't changing that much because she's still faster than any survivor's ever going to be, she just can't stand still for the fake out. Personally, I was fine with playing against the 50/50 guessing game, but then again I play games where that is the norm and you get used to it. Dust would be too much info as she's still supposed to be a stealth killer. She gets compared to Nurse alot because she's fast, but a better comparison would be Wraith. Spirit is final form Wraith and has always been final form Wraith.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2533182#Comment_2533182

    I may have a "radical" opinion here and there, but I'm still very much knowledgeable about what I'm discussing, and anyone can observe that. Don't give in to selective memory.

    Look, having a "radical" opinion is fine

    But if you don't even try being a little bit more objective and trying to see things from a different perspective, you're never going to be satisfied with what you get

  • Well Behaviour's killer nerf, aren't supposed to be killer sided since they are NERF

1 2 ›