Hook camping
I was just thinking about maybe a way to improve the game flow and to like advocate better play styles. I’ve been in multiple games where I have just got face camped and farmed and it kinda just sucks. It really does. I mean I may not be the best, but that just makes it basically unplayable, especially with skill gaps and all. I was thinking about you know how you get crows and all when you go afk? Maybe to have like a similar effect with like a killer when his within a certain meter range of a hooked survivor and hasn’t moved or been in a chase within a certain time frame. Possibly like a buff to the other survivors that give them a boost to repair/action speed so it gives incentive to the killer to gtfo ya know? Plus this would give more purpose to the other hex’s that require you to be a distance away from the hooked survivor.
Comments
Killers who are going to camp are going to camp regardless of any idea you have, so here are the two things you need to do if you want camping to stop:
1. Learn to hide better, and juke the killer in chases. You can't be camped if you can't be caught.
2. Don't go for a save unless you know the killer is chasing someone else. If you go for the unhook and he's there, you completely validated his tactic.
On the contrary, I think the hooked survivor should have slower repair time for a while so going after the other guy makes more sense for me. As it stands the most effective way to play killer is hurt the unhooker but down the other guy again to slow genprogress.
We already have incentive not to camp, for example BBQ and devour hope.
The problem is that said incentives provide not such a strong advantage to compensate for the looping timeyou would need to endure to catch another survivor
^This. I started using MYC on the Spirit, but I only have it at tier 1. By the time I actually catch up, the timer has run out.
I even have it at tier 3, but I dont liked it on spirit because you cant distinguish targets while in phase walk.