Hey Devs, in your Part 2 update, could you please…

Buff Distortion? This perk is so fun and deceptively good but it is held back by its limited tokens.

If we could maybe increase the total tokens or give players the ability to gain tokens via finishing Generators or unhooking teammates, that’d be awesome.

It wouldn’t break the game and it’d make it more fun, so please consider it 💖🥺

Comments

  • The least thing to buff it is increasing the time to 32 sec so at least a token can fully protect you healing from Nurse calling.

    The other way is have it start with 1 token but earn another everytime you protect hit, heal, safe unhook with 8 token max.

  • The only thing that concerns me about this perk is that it can promote "selfish" strats, like never taking aggro despite not being hooked yet. Therefore, I'd make it so you gain a token every time you escape a chase from the killer, up to a max of 5 tokens.

    I also agree that 10 seconds of not leaving scratches and not having your aura read is pitiful, but 32 seconds is excessive. I believe 12/14/16 seconds would be fair in conjunction with the above mentioned method to recharge tokens.

  • I'm all for buffing weaker perks but distortion is a dangerous one.

    If you buff it to much and everybody starts using it you make a lot of perks worthless.

    You'll end up with another perk like decisive and unbreakabill that affect the game whether they are equiped or not.

    Very few people will take the risk of using aura perks if a reasonable possibilty exist they won't do anything.

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    I'm all for buffing weaker perks but distortion is a dangerous one.

    If you buff it to much and everybody starts using it you make a lot of perks worthless.

    You'll end up with another perk like decisive and unbreakabill that affect the game whether they are equiped or not.

    Very few people will take the risk of using aura perks if a reasonable possibilty exist they won't do anything.

    Man if people start trading Unbreakable or Decisive for Distortion, BY ALL MEANS buff it to the tippity top. Perk variety is GARBAGE at high level, if that can make then take off Dead Hard or Iron Will so be it.

  • The only methods I think would be fair for regaining tokens would be:

    • Escaping a chase
    • Being in the killers TR for 15 seconds without being in a chase (like Stake Out)


    But I don't think Distortion needs more tokens, I think a more valid buff would be for it to apply to any survivors within 4m when it triggers. This would hide your team mates when they're healing you, you're healing them, or you're working on a gen together. All scenarios where Distortion is useless because there's another aura lighting up right next to you anyway.