What was this game I just played?

Playing a trial where survivors were popping off gens in seconds but every time I tried to work on one my gen progress would reset once it got to about 5% completed.

Also the killer remained in a chase with one survivor who immediately picked themselves up to full health after being downed.

I sat in a locker because I decided I wasn't going to participate but the killer picked me up and brought me to the exit gate so I just crawled out.

######### was the point of that game? Derank the killer while his survivor buddies go up in rank?

Comments

  • That sounds like you were paired with a cheater who was just trying to grief the killer and the killer probably just wanted to get the cheater and not care about the game

  • @Brokenbones said:

    That sounds like you were paired with a cheater who was just trying to grief the killer and the killer probably just wanted to get the cheater and not care about the game

    Yeah possibly. I really don't get the mindset of people who cheat.

  • Yet another hacked match. Cheaters are having full control over DBD it seems. I already came across multiple god mode survivors that picked themselves up instantly.

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2520204#Comment_2520204

    Yeah possibly. I really don't get the mindset of people who cheat.

    script kiddies who are either dissatisfied with the current state of the game, looking to get reactions from people since they thrive off it or maybe they're so bad they want to cheat to make themselves feel good.

    some cheaters are so bad at the game they still die/lose even with their little scripts/client or whatever they use. A friend of mine had a lagswitcher and bled them out. Funny stuff

  • @Yamaoka said:

    Yet another hacked match. Cheaters are having full control over DBD it seems. I already came across multiple god mode survivors that picked themselves up instantly.

    I had a match that cheater made all Dull become Hex to disable my Noed (my only Hex)

  • @C3Tooth said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2520210#Comment_2520210

    I had a match that cheater made all Dull become Hex to disable my Noed (my only Hex)

    I've seen something similar on a stream yesterday. A guy had no hex perks but a hacker gave him multiple Ruin totems throughout the match. At some point it got cleansed and a minute later gens were suddenly automatically regressing again and totems started glowing even though the killer had no hex equipped as I said. Crazy stuff.

    Cheating kids really have full control at the moment. Hopefully there's a fix on the way.

  • @Yamaoka said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2520219#Comment_2520219

    I've seen something similar on a stream yesterday. A guy had no hex perks but a hacker gave him multiple Ruin totems throughout the match. At some point it got cleansed and a minute later gens was suddenly automatically regressing again and totems started glowing even though the killer has no hex equipped. Crazy stuff.

    Cheating kids really have full control at the moment. Hopefully there's a fix on the way.

    I've read some things about the client that some of the cheaters use, apparently it can do things like make other survivors complete generators instantly, heal everyone to full health and so on.

    I really hope BHVR does something about this, because I worry it might lead to people not cheating getting banned by mistake.

  • @Brokenbones said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2520225#Comment_2520225

    I've read some things about the client that some of the cheaters use, apparently it can do things like make other survivors complete generators instantly, heal everyone to full health and so on.

    I really hope BHVR does something about this, because I worry it might lead to people not cheating getting banned by mistake.

    Oh my... That's just messed up. Imagine you're getting recorded and reported because some cheater made you get up like a puppet everytime you get downed making it look like you're the cheater.

    I really hope this stuff has high priority for BHVR.

  • @Yamaoka said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2520230#Comment_2520230

    Oh my... That's just messed up. Imagine you're getting recorded and reported because some cheater made you get up like a puppet everytime you get downed making it look like you're the cheater.

    I really hope this stuff has high priority for BHVR.

    Yep, it's ridiculous.

    Some cheaters are also setting out to hold games hostage for as long as possible - I've seen some streamers be held hostage for hours + A friend of mine was held hostage for half an hour. Something like that

    Sure you could just DC if you've got better things to do, alternatively just alt-tab and waste the cheaters time

  • @Brokenbones said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2520209#Comment_2520209

    script kiddies who are either dissatisfied with the current state of the game, looking to get reactions from people since they thrive off it or maybe they're so bad they want to cheat to make themselves feel good.

    some cheaters are so bad at the game they still die/lose even with their little scripts/client or whatever they use. A friend of mine had a lagswitcher and bled them out. Funny stuff

    Basement Bubba is a decent way to get reactions without hacking. You probably get better ones too, because lots of people genuinely believe face camping is worse than hacking.

  • I just had a cheating survivor. I didn't want to jump to conclusions at first although I was suspicious but the other 3 were in a swf and saw more than I did so they brought it up in postgame. They seem a lot more common now

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2520211#Comment_2520211

    Basement Bubba is a decent way to get reactions without hacking. You probably get better ones too, because lots of people genuinely believe face camping is worse than hacking.

    Listen I'm not gonna call Basement bubba fun or anything like that

    But at least it's within the rules of the game.

    Also, it seems most cheaters are playing survivor while doing it - at least from what I've seen. Cheating killers do exist, ofc. Literally encountered a cheating ghostface a couple of months ago