EAC on Steam Deck / Proton / Linux
2023-05-10
As of Version: 6.7.1
Our long wait is over. Thank you to everyone, especially Mandy for putting up with us for almost 2 years. XD
Get out there and play some DbD!
----------Original Post----------------
EAC has prevented DbD from working on Linux through Proton. With the Steam Deck coming, Epic has updated the SDK to allow support for this.
I ask the devs to please enable this feature so I can play DbD on Linux and Steam Deck! Thank you!
Easy Anti-Cheat now supports all major PC operating systems, including Linux, Mac, and Steam Deck.
https://partner.steamgames.com/doc/steamdeck/protonGood news for EAC on Deck + Steam Deck test results getting published soon

Comments
Yeah, it’s the same source. Not enough for me to fully believe just yet lol. Hopes are high!
How do I get the eac_server.dll file ? and EasyAntiCheat_x86. dll ?
please help answer. Thank You.
steam or heroic?
Make sure Easy Anti Cheat is installed to your Steam library, and you have the Proton Experimental compatibility tool selected
I just played a match on my Steam Deck, and I'm stoked!
Of course I'd been struggling to get it working via Heroic so I could play it during my vacation. Now it works on Steam as soon as I'm back home. Oh well, hopefully it'll work the next time I'm away from home. XD
EDIT: Just saw BHVR's tweet that DBD is Steam Deck verified! Whoo!
It is now official. We had to wait for verification processes to be confirmed, it's not as straight forward as might initially appear.
Finally this has become a reality, believe me we're all happy about this and that we're finally have DbD on Steam Deck.
Thank you so much Mandy for all your help, patience and communication! So stoked to have the game verified! Woo hoo!
We're finally here!
glad you finally got to enjoy it! better late than never!
updated first post.
our work here is done.
ladies, gentlemen, it's been an honor.
go out there and play some DbD.
Thanks Mandy! Have a great rest of your week.
Thanks for keeping the post updated! The 2 years flew by lol.
Rejoice! Long over do, but nonetheless I am very happy about this and I’m excited to play on the go, on my couch, bed, or bathroom! (Maybe even at work 😉 )
Thank you very much! This is extremely exciting!!!
From the bottom of my heart, thank you! Thank you kindly for making this a reality! Thank you for allowing us to share the joy and fun of this game with our friends! Thank you for all the time and effort that you put into solving this problem!
Dear Dead by Daylight team, you are all wonderful, talented and amazing people! And I wish you all the best there is in the world!
Much Love ♥ ♥ ♥
pretty good job so far! thank's bhvr
We did it!!!! Thanks to BHVR and especially everyone who kept posting and nagging about it until the devs saw the light!
It works pretty damn well, with only small performance issues that I'm sure will be fixed in the future. I honestly wasn't it expecting to run this well, especially at first. Props to BHVR for having some excellent QA, it's a rare quality nowadays.
Anyone else's FPS tank after today's update? Game is now unplayable for me at ~20fps.
edit Hmm, seems ok now. This morning was a wreck though right after update.