Pinhead and his box
I honestly don't have that many complaints about Pinhead now that he's actually functional. His power demands too much skill for what it does, and when it works it feels like the survivor can't do much of anything other than hope the Pinhead sucks. But I'm fine with the power overall.
What I think is beyond reasonable levels of obnoxious is the box. The chain hunt itself is fine and makes for good base kit slowdown. The box, however, is an issue. Finding it and solving it, even Pinhead nabbing it from you is fine. But My God, should the chains start spawning, it is the most asinine thing ever to actually solve it. I genuinely think the chain hunt should not interrupt the box the same way it can't interrupt gates or unhooks, but can be stopped by Pinhead's M2. I end up losing my mind how stupid it is to constantly try to solve this crappy box when the killer lucked out and found the box in the first twenty seconds, which happens more than I'd like.
This could be put in feedback but I'd like the community's opinion here. I don't even think this whole chain hunt thing is a problem, just this particular instance is unnecessary salt to another tedium-induced wound.
Comments
Environment chains shouldn't stop it but his personal chains should. It's his only defense at stopping you from solving it or his hunt would never activate. The only positive about him is that hunt and the 4v1.
Here's a tip for you, the chains spawn in bursts of three before there's a short period where they don't spawn. Wait until after the third one spawned and then start solving the box.
Yeah, as I said, his M2 (his chain) should stop it. I fully agree with that. It's the chain hunt passive chains that really grind my gears.
I did notice this, but it becomes horrid when sometimes a random one spawns anyway after that wave (happens from time to time), or Pinhead is running slowdown addons for the box, which exacerbates the issue. You DO manage to solve it, but it's just so unnecessary to have the passive chains halt the progress.