Forced to hack?

So this is a weird one.

Me and my friend (both PlayStation) just had a match where the 2 Claudette’s with us must have been hacking. Whenever we’d get downed we would automatically stand back up again and be full health. The killer couldn’t do anything at all. Me and my friend didn’t agree to this and had no way to stop it, other than disconnecting. I’ve never seen a hack like this before that’s able to effect other players. From the killers perspective, we would have all looked like hackers, which wasn’t the case AT ALL.

I have the match saved but can’t upload here due to naming and shaming. But is this something people could start being banned for? Because like I said, we couldn’t prevent them from healing us constantly. It was such a strange match.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • Best thing to do is slaming gens and go out quick.

  • @Jago said:

    Best thing to do is slaming gens and go out quick.

    That wasn’t hard to do, as every single generator on the map was miraculously at 99%. They didn’t seem to be hacking at first but then it became blatantly obvious. My friend felt bad so tried to let the killer hook him, but it wasn’t possible as he’d just stand straight back up and be fully healed every time he tried.

  • Next time press shift or whatever the button on console is and he will not be able to heal you

  • Playstation vid? Ehhh idk how that works, but if you can get the video file to a pc you can send it to the devs support team. I can't ever remember what the link is either a mod will drop by with it or I'll find it later.

  • @KateDunson said:

    Next time press shift or whatever the button on console is and he will not be able to heal you

    They weren’t physically picking us up. It was just automatically happening. As soon as you’d hit the ground you’d be stood back up and fully healed. We couldn’t stop it from happening.

  • @BlackRabies said:

    Playstation vid? Ehhh idk how that works, but if you can get the video file to a pc you can send it to the devs support team. I can't ever remember what the link is either a mod will drop by with it or I'll find it later.

    Oh I know how to submit reports. I’ve made them before from PlayStation. I just upload them to YouTube directly from my PlayStation. I was more curious as to whether innocent people will be getting banned when they’re not actually the ones hacking.

  • @Bangarang said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2512734#Comment_2512734

    Oh I know how to submit reports. I’ve made them before from PlayStation. I just upload them to YouTube directly from my PlayStation. I was more curious as to whether innocent people will be getting banned when they’re not actually the ones hacking.

    Don't worry, if you've done nothing wrong, you have absolutely nothing to worry about.

  • @Mandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2512736#Comment_2512736

    Don't worry, if you've done nothing wrong, you have absolutely nothing to worry about.

    Glad to hear it! I was just getting worried as from the killers perspective it will have looked like me and my friend were the ones hacking when we couldn’t do anything to stop it. So thanks for easing my mind. 🥰