I'm flattered, but...

Look I'm very flattered you think my hag is high mmr, especially considering I dont enjoy playing her but.... like why? I hardly ever play her, doubt iv done more than 20games since her release so why is she so high up compared to killers I always win with?

BTW I can play her but she is one of my weakest killers, I just dont enjoy the playstyle of her even less now iv been placed way above my comfort zone lol

Comments

  • Oh no... I feel you tho. With my hardly touched killers I am in way over my head as well x.x

    However my hag and trapper are the reverse (my most played killers) :< I play them weekly and I think I am pretty good with both... but I have been getting 4k most matches which is odd. Before mrr I was maybe 1-3 kills a match against old red ranks.

    Maybe I am not as good with them as I thought but I do find the match ups odd.

  • The way things are going it's going to be everyone playing survivors and the only one playing Killer will be Otz.

    I think this is what BHVR wanted all along.

  • It just HAS to be individually sbmm for each killer. I've never played nurse or blight and I don't plan to as I'm getting tough games with my mains

  • @SMitchell8 said:

    It just HAS to be individually sbmm for each killer. I've never played nurse or blight and I don't plan to as I'm getting tough games with my mains

    As far as I have heard. Killer MMR at the beginning is kinda in the same region. I would say an average of all your killers. But from there, when you play a few games with each killer, it will correct itself.

    I have noticed it with Doctor. I was getting survivors whom were too efficient for me. After like 4 games it became better.

  • How exactly do you know that you are high MMR on Hag though?

  • It's to give high mmr survivors an easy win so they feel special.

  • I think overall player mmr is being to heavily weighted, sure it should be weighted up having it be that close to your player mmr is unfair expecting you to lose 30-40 games just to go back to average matches with a new killer is too much, I think playing a new killer mmr should be more volatile so you if preform poorly early on you drop to where you need to be faster

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/AT55J8J8RKDW/screenshot-20210922-111922-chrome.jpg

    They weren't being entirely honest when they said each Killer will have its own MMR

    They have literally always said that it would work like that though?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2512287#Comment_2512287

    I, for one, would like the link to where they literally always said it would work like this.

    I will look for it later. Let’s see if you will ignore it then or accept that

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/AT55J8J8RKDW/screenshot-20210922-111922-chrome.jpg

    They weren't being entirely honest when they said each Killer will have its own MMR

    Huh? In the post you are quoting, they literally explain how each killer has its own mmr...

  • Nothing about their statement is false though...


    Removing Pinhead's voiceline without explanation. Shady. Explaining how mmr works that was reiterated AND confirmed via data mine... Not shady.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2512296#Comment_2512296

    Awwwwwwwfully snippy for someone who claims they have evidence to back a claim, only to then say "I'll look for it later."

    Want to know what they REALLY said? I'll start!

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/278339/news-skill-based-matchmaking-enabled-indefinitely

    "Skill based matchmaking ratings are also separate for each Killer, meaning you’ll have tougher matches with the Killer you’re really good at, but easier matches when you’re trying out a new Killer for the first time."

    "They have literally always said that it would work like that though?"

    Have they, though?

    I am currently busy with something irl, that’s why I said later.


    but… getting easier matches is not equivalent to starting at the lowest mmr. As peanits has said in the post you quoted, a new killers rating start with an mmr that is based on your other ratings. It’s not like you are starting with your highest rating.

    there is no contradiction there.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2512318#Comment_2512318

    " easier matches when you’re trying out a new Killer for the first time."

    "Well actually it takes the average of your other killers"

    You can see how those two statements are different, right?

    They are not mutually exclusive. The word they used was "easier" and we literally have a numerical value that I will not state, because they get really sensitive about it. Your mmr is BASED on your average and then individually adjusts from there because it is a separate value.


    People are confusing this as your average mmr is being used for every killer when that is just the base line for NEW killers. If this guy was not a great Hag, but still got 4k after 4k under the old system while they were collecting data, it will take longer to adjust than if he had never played Hag before. But even if he never played Hag before, it would still recognize that he is generally a high mmr killer and not feed him baby survivors.


    It still does what they claimed it does. There is no lie or deception. People just assumed it would put you at the lowest for whatever reason when basically no competitive game EVER does that. Even those kids who got 0-30 in CoD aren't instantly matched into protected brackets. They have to "earn" their way down with consistently poor performance.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2512296#Comment_2512296

    Awwwwwwwfully snippy for someone who claims they have evidence to back a claim, only to then say "I'll look for it later."

    Want to know what they REALLY said? I'll start!

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/278339/news-skill-based-matchmaking-enabled-indefinitely

    "Skill based matchmaking ratings are also separate for each Killer, meaning you’ll have tougher matches with the Killer you’re really good at, but easier matches when you’re trying out a new Killer for the first time."

    "They have literally always said that it would work like that though?"

    Have they, though?

    From: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/256979/news-skill-based-matchmaking-recap#latest

    One of the main focuses of this test was to try a different approach to how we handle “unrated” players. An unrated player is someone who doesn’t have any matches played that have been tracked by the system. Usually, these players are new. However, they can also be people returning from a break! In this test, we only used matches from the past 3-ish weeks to build our SBMM (rather than our customary months of play data). This meant that our initial SBMM values for most players were a little inaccurate and required some additional games to adjust.

    "How did the test go?"

    • Halfway through our test, we were seeing many reports of high-skill Killers being matched against low-skill Survivors. At around 1PM EST on Thursday (around halfway through the test) we enabled a system that would assign unrated Killers a starting Rating based on their other Killers. To put this another way, if you had a high Rating with The Shape and The Trapper then decided to try out The Oni for the very first time, your Oni rating would start higher than the normal default due to your experience with other Killers. Enabling this appears to have resulted in an improvement of match quality, and we intend to improve this system in our next iteration.


    This is the way it's always worked to avoid some people getting smurfed on.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2512348#Comment_2512348

    I still don't see how you're conflating the "average MMR" as being easier. The former means your killer will be treated like any other killer. Easier means it will be not, or a lower skill than your average.

    So, either they misspoke and were misleading, or the community manager who wrote the news article was woefully misinformed as to how MMR actually worked.

    It is based on your other killers is what they said, so I am just assuming average. But that is not really the point, that is the base value. If that value is too high, it will adjust accordingly and lower itself, presumably in less games than characters with stable mmr. So while I suppose you are correct and that first game is not easier, ideally all of the following games should be.

  • @WeenieDog said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2512308#Comment_2512308

    From: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/256979/news-skill-based-matchmaking-recap#latest

    One of the main focuses of this test was to try a different approach to how we handle “unrated” players. An unrated player is someone who doesn’t have any matches played that have been tracked by the system. Usually, these players are new. However, they can also be people returning from a break! In this test, we only used matches from the past 3-ish weeks to build our SBMM (rather than our customary months of play data). This meant that our initial SBMM values for most players were a little inaccurate and required some additional games to adjust.

    "How did the test go?"

    • Halfway through our test, we were seeing many reports of high-skill Killers being matched against low-skill Survivors. At around 1PM EST on Thursday (around halfway through the test) we enabled a system that would assign unrated Killers a starting Rating based on their other Killers. To put this another way, if you had a high Rating with The Shape and The Trapper then decided to try out The Oni for the very first time, your Oni rating would start higher than the normal default due to your experience with other Killers. Enabling this appears to have resulted in an improvement of match quality, and we intend to improve this system in our next iteration.

    This is the way it's always worked to avoid some people getting smurfed on.

    thank you very much for this!

    @xboxandswitch there you have confirmation that they actually said they were using this system for new killers on experienced killer-players.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2512335#Comment_2512335

    But having an MMR that's based on other killers is not an MMR that's individualized on other killers. That's obvious.

    I'm still waiting to see if you can produce this evidence that suggests it was literally always supposed to be this way. Let's see if you ignore it then or accept that.

    On the first part: only the initial MMR of a Never before played killer is based on other killer. From that point on after playing the new it is individualized

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2512374#Comment_2512374

    I see that they detailed that in a blog post, but not their official press releases.

    But seeing how you're so desperate for an internet win, I'll give it you. It obviously means a lot to you.

    I never claimed they have stated this in an official press release though??

    also. You were the one claiming something without being able to back it up (saying they were not honest about it) Then you were calling me snippy but now you are acting like that?

  • You are still insisting them saying ‚easier matches‘ is equivalent to starting at the lowest? Easier is a comparative word and they especially used it to compare to matches with a killer you are performing very good with. So using an average from all your killers ratings will make the rating lower than your good ratings.

    sis.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2512407#Comment_2512407

    Ma'am, I did not say easier was the same as starting out at lowest, please point that out. Or just strawman because you're upset. Either or.

    Then, Miss, what are you saying?

    where were they not honest?

  • @Mooks said:

    How exactly do you know that you are high MMR on Hag though?

    Well if played the game since its release, both sides always rank 1. The amount of experience I have in the game allows me to quickly understand the skill of the players from awareness, how they run loops, do they panic, do they know killer counters, hows their efficiency etc.

    I just dont really play hag much because I dont like the playstyle but it's weird how she seems so high yet on others where I win more often and by a bigger margin arent as high (still get weak links that dont know half the stuff I listed before)

    Well I cant see the mmr, I like to think I can see good and bad players though and their skill level. Mind you I did verse a swf (confirmed through profiles) so maybe that impacted me alot more as hag as a 110 trap based killer