How can we make the hook phases more dynamic?
Instead of me suggesting something, I wanna hear it from the amazing community. Go for it y'all.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
im not sure what you mean "more dynamic" like we throw them on the hook now how much more aerodynamic can it get
Which amazing community exactly? I would really love to check that out.
s/
Now I am imagining a basketball star killer who dunks survivors on the hook.
Its been suggested already and I liked the idea.
The suggestion was remove the brainless hammering while struggling into a continous series of skillchecks that you have to hit (similarly to snaping out))
Phase 2 = Extreme skill checks. The bar will not decrease unless skill checks are missed. Skill checks happen continuously after one is hit or missed, the next one will happen immediately. Missed skill checks decrease the bar by 5% (need to miss 20). The skill checks will be as difficult as DS checks.
Note that perks can affect these skill checks, but killer powers and add-ons cannot.
Doctors madness will not breed impossible DS skill checks, but unnerving presence will.
This brings me into the next topic which is a rework of Monstrous Shrine.
For hooks in the basement, The first hook phase will progress 5/7/9% faster. The second hook phase will passively decrease at .5% per second. Missed skill checks will increase the hook phase penalty by an additional 1/2/3%
For nonbasement hooks, missed skill checks will give an additional 0/1/2% penalty
I too like the suggestion and maybe after so many skill checks you have an almost impossible skill check to get yourself off the hook.
"How's this for a kobe?"
Skill checks are a stupid idea. I don't really see a need for change here.
Replace the infamous button mashing with 15-20 skillchecks, unaffected by any status effects. Each failed skillcheck will deplete your hp bar by 10%
Skil lchecks on the hook might be nice. Especially funny if skill check perks and effects like the doctors effected them as well haha
That plus Lullaby would be a hell on Entity's realm.
For starters when you are on the hook I think a knock off version of Wii Fit should play a video of Hook aerobics that you can follow along with, you know to really work those tendons.
Secondly I think you should be able to swing while on the hook so you can try and go for the "big swing" up and over the bar. This lets you really show those other playground kiddies that your the big boy/gal on the field.
Lastly why not let the hooked survivor keep the metal portion of the "hook" as a souvenir to show their friends back home? Its not everyday you get placed on a meat hook.