Which Killer Power Would You Rather Have?
Any power would be epic.
Any power would be epic.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Hard to say but i think it would be really cool to be super fast
It gotta be Wraith's bell, Ding Dong you invis. But it kinda sucks in the Daylight.
Imagine that being light burned out 12 hours a day.
Was a close call between Nurse's blink and Throwing Weapons. But I wouldn't want to feel super exhausted after teleporting.
But yeah, it would be cool to be able to throw knives like Trickster which is something I could realistically learn. Something about blades (both knife and sword/katanas) are really beautiful to me and I plan on collecting custom resin knives and having a wall of them and collecting katanas.
Really the only one I absolutely wouldn't want is the Nurse's blink since it's canon that it's agonizing for her to use it. Her post blink shrieks are intended to be a pain reaction from having just done that, and it's why she fatigues - she needs a moment to recover from it. I'm not aware of any other killer who has a power that actively hurts them as they use it.
I can just imagine the amount of people I'd be able to freak out with this. 😂
Also it would be pretty convenient for faster on foot travel.
I do believe psychological damage is more harmful than physical damage.
Then again, electricity hits both pretty damn hard. The idea to influence someone's mind and body with the power of electrical conductivity sounds oddly... Enticing.
I guess I would have taken Demos Off the Abyss to create portals everywhere i want and be able to visit everyone anytime.
But with the Phantasm traps I just need to figure out what to use to get the Mint Rag addon effect to have the same function.
I know the nurse's blink hurts her, but it feels like a worthy tradeoff for literal teleportation through objects.
Other than that, having spirit's phase would be good too
Mess with the brain? Induce madness? Oh yes, that's my jam!
Giggity.
I wanna be a thief and a pervert.
I guess I am alone. For good reason.
It's the only power worth doing irl. U can tp in any place u want and none can prevent it. Others are way restricted and boring to use.
The bell makes it easier to sneak around if you have the quiet add on
Almost all the powers seem extremely painful to use. I would rather be invisible, which is a cool ability, and just go around ringing a bell.
The problem with the Blink is that lorewise it is actually supposed to be extremely painful and exhausting for the Nurse to do. That's why she's fatigued after every use of her power (that and balance obv. but the connection between the two- lore and gameplay- is definitely there) you can hear her wheezing as if she's perpetually suffocating, and she is both physically and mentally drained after from blinking in and out of reality.
"The Nurse screams and sighs with every Blink. According to the Developers, blinking is a painful procedure, so she screams from pain and sighs from relief."
That's why I didn't choose it, and overuse of the blink would likely cause a significant physical and mental toll on your person.
Invisibility is a classic power that is multipurpose with some decent practical applications, and that's why I went for that. Even if it still came with the stipulation that you had to loudly announce every time you were cloaking and coming out of cloak.
Although it would be really cool to be an expert at knife throwing.