Why the Tunnel? They must

The average killer pretty much must tunnel someone down to start a semblance of a fair match. It's bonkers.

It's really not fun; killer is so hard now. Too hard for me, apparently (to get a jump on the "git gud" kids). I suppose bunk ass BHVR lost another killer.

Comments

  • Tunneling/camping is a necessity.

    At high MMR, let's admit that you need 60 seconds to down a survivor. If you don't tunnel at all, you will have 8 hooks in 8 minutes.

    Solo gen needs 80 seconds. Let's say 100 seconds and an average of 2 survivors are on a gen.

    So to do all five gens you need 500 seconds/2 = 250 seconds = 4 minutes. So there is a 4 minutes room for failing, running around or some unexpected events.

    Note that 8 hooks can be equal to 0 death if you really didn't tunnel, but it can also be 2 kills if you have tunneled. Often resulting in a 3rd kill.

    I know that all this are just mathematics in a "perfect" world and that a trial cannot be "calculated" but on the paper, just taking those numbers, you have an idea of the unbalance going on.

  • This whole thread screams "i take dbd so seriously"

  • @VikingWilson said:

    The average killer pretty much must tunnel someone down to start a semblance of a fair match. It's bonkers.

    It's really not fun; killer is so hard now. Too hard for me, apparently (to get a jump on the "git gud" kids). I suppose bunk ass BHVR lost another killer.

    Why do some people (you might be able to give an insight as you do it) shift the responsibility of their decisions and actions? The game doesn't make you tunnel, it doesn't force anyone to behave in a certain way. You are always free to decide how to behave and what you decide. If you made a decision and carry out a specific behaviour, it is 100% your decision and 100% your behaviour.

  • @DeliciousFood said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2510261#Comment_2510261

    If you're the type of player to call out tunnelling as unnecessary across the board ..

    Let me correct you right here as you've already lied.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2510138#Comment_2510138

    Here is my post that mentions necessity of tunnelling, allow me to quote the only element that may have a relation to your fabricated idea.

    The fact of the matter is that good players that also stream have shown that tunnelling/camping early isn't necessary in most cases

    So, since when is 'tunnelling/camping early' a broad claim? It refers to killers opting to use these strategies right off the bat rather than as a sort of reaction to their situation (Gens popping quick in bad map, no 3 gen, skilled team with weak link ...). This is pretty specific, and certainly doesn't cover reasons killers opt to tunnel when pressured.

    Now that we've established you've, at the very least, used hyperbole to misrepresent me knowingly, I will say that we agree on the fact that tactics such as tunnelling have their place without necessarily being a sort of mindset like some have here. Camping endgame isn't some sweat tactic, nor is tunnelling when put in a position where it's the only game-saving move.

    If we're allowed to make assumptions off one another, you've clearly given me the impression that you are part of this scourge that consistently divides survivors and killers as if they're two different species. The community would be infinitely better if individuals like you treated 'mains' as you'd call them with a bit more empathy, which ironically you call me out for lacking consideration for the other side.

    Here's the sad truth for you: I'm a decent killer player, and when queues don't suck I play killer more often. And no, I do not need to tunnel early. And when I'm brought to tunnel, 4/5 times it's due to my own misplays. I do not deny there are balance issues and better players than me in the opposing side. But you know what? After 2k hours of this game and playing in the same goddamn maps for a long time, I think I'm capable of adapting and turning the tides despite some odds stacked against me.

    That just sustains my claim, as you're still making a grandstand indictment on all killers who DO tunnel from the start. There is definitely a video where OTz says the best strategy is to get someone out early.... Which means tunnel, and camp can also be implied from that statement.

    Bottom line, whether you chose to accept it or not, the most optimal way to play is to get a single person out early. Trading hooks benefits the survivors, and if you're the type of person to consider a 2K a win (or whatever qualifying statement you make to justify not going by the games definition of a win, which is in fact, a 3-4K on killer side)

    If my definition of a win is to get as many kills as I can, there is no world in which I could consider anything below a 3k a win. You light call that try hard, whatever you may say about it doesn't affect my definition of a win. I don't come from a mindset where everyone gets to always win and have a good time together.

    That's not to say I never take it easy or goof off, I typically even let at least one survivor get hatch (or I carry them to it) so miss me with the empathy claim, because I probably have more hours on both killer and survivor than you, and as a survivor I play for altruism in solos.

    This isn't an argument about empathy, you can slow down after you see your wrecking and pull that back if you like, but we're not gonna sit here and act like playing mr. friendly killer who never tunnels at the beginning of the game and always goes for fresh hooks, doesn't get ######### on by coordinated SWF groups. If you're only reacting to what some of those groups are doing, instead of playing preemptively, well all I can say is wait till you reach high MMR before you make such reactionary claims.

    And finally, your taking what I said about Survivor mains too far. I didn't say al survivor mains or all survivor players, I was specifically mentioning the so entitled survivor players that literally mandate how others play. Since that is essentially what you are doing with your first comment, that mindset applies to you more than the name, so I apologize for Cali g you a survivor main. Are we done arguing semantics now?

1 2 ›