Something interesting I noticed while playing Pinhead

I had pinheads chain hunt going, and they still were able to complete a gen during it. So ######### is the point of the box or completing it in time if it really doesn't do much. Also during the chain hunt, it spawns 1 chain every 2 seconds i noticed. And just chasing a survivor, they were able to just wiggle A and D when running and avoid every chain.

Chain hunts basically are a minor inconvenience when they should be a major hindrance. That's why there is a long timer for you to complete a very easy box within...

These are just some things I've noticed and my thoughts on them. Right now Pinhead seems like you need the skills of nurse, steering of billy, all for an ability that essentially does what clown does. And solving the box doesn't seem like anything urgent you need to do in the game.

Comments

  • I've played a lot of Pinhead since he came out and I can say chain hunt is what makes him scary. The slowdown on gens is annoying but inconsistent, that's not what makes chain hunt good. The single chains spawning on survivors in a chase isn't what makes chain hunt good. What makes it good is when you land your personal chain on them, the chain hunt is going to hit them with 1-2 more chains as they break the 3 you gave them, assuming you don't get screwed by RNG and the chains you personally spawned all get broken by terrain immediately. It's a guaranteed hit at most loops during a chain hunt because of this, and turns what's a fairly high skill cap power into something actually oppressive.

  • Are you sure the box wasn't being carried by a survivor? Because based on my experience the chain hunt is too disruptive to do anything. Even solving the box.

    Either that or the gen was nearly done anyway.

  • @LordRegal said:

    I've played a lot of Pinhead since he came out and I can say chain hunt is what makes him scary. The slowdown on gens is annoying but inconsistent, that's not what makes chain hunt good. The single chains spawning on survivors in a chase isn't what makes chain hunt good. What makes it good is when you land your personal chain on them, the chain hunt is going to hit them with 1-2 more chains as they break the 3 you gave them, assuming you don't get screwed by RNG and the chains you personally spawned all get broken by terrain immediately. It's a guaranteed hit at most loops during a chain hunt because of this, and turns what's a fairly high skill cap power into something actually oppressive.

    Ok, so I will add that I noticed all of this while playing on Midwich. So there could have also been a bunch of issues with terrain breaking and stuff.

  • @A_Skinny_Legend said:

    Are you sure the box wasn't being carried by a survivor? Because based on my experience the chain hunt is too disruptive to do anything. Even solving the box.

    Either that or the gen was nearly done anyway.

    No, they definitely were able to do the gen through the chain hunt, and they let the chain hunt last like they didn't care. This was on Midwich so I'm not sure if they were just able to dodge/break chains while doing the gen?

  • @BruteSavageGaming said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2509134#Comment_2509134

    No, they definitely were able to do the gen through the chain hunt, and they let the chain hunt last like they didn't care. This was on Midwich so I'm not sure if they were just able to dodge/break chains while doing the gen?

    The spawn rate of the chains during a hunt is slow enough that even with Ruin progress could be made on gens. It wouldn't be fast progress, but it is progress. So a team of solos I could totally see all individually deciding "ah, screw it, someone else will go get the box, I'll suffer until they do and finish this gen up." and boom, gens pop and no one's grabbed the box. It's definitely more there for the chase assistance in my experience - the main genuine stall the box causes is when you pick it up yourself - that's a free power hit on every survivor and odds are they're not tight to terrain they can use to break the chains.

  • @BruteSavageGaming said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2509134#Comment_2509134

    No, they definitely were able to do the gen through the chain hunt, and they let the chain hunt last like they didn't care. This was on Midwich so I'm not sure if they were just able to dodge/break chains while doing the gen?

    Probably, but those chains spawn so often. I find them more annoying than the AI zombies that Nemesis has.

    Seems a little weird for them to just be able to do a gen with the hunt going. You'd literally need to suck as badly as an immobile killer for that to happen. Not that I think that you're that bad.

    If it was this one time then consider hacking because I have seen an increase in that and these people are getting creative & sly with the stuff that they do.

  • @BruteSavageGaming said:

    I had pinheads chain hunt going, and they still were able to complete a gen during it. So ######### is the point of the box or completing it in time if it really doesn't do much. Also during the chain hunt, it spawns 1 chain every 2 seconds i noticed. And just chasing a survivor, they were able to just wiggle A and D when running and avoid every chain.

    Chain hunts basically are a minor inconvenience when they should be a major hindrance. That's why there is a long timer for you to complete a very easy box within...

    These are just some things I've noticed and my thoughts on them. Right now Pinhead seems like you need the skills of nurse, steering of billy, all for an ability that essentially does what clown does. And solving the box doesn't seem like anything urgent you need to do in the game.

    I've been using Corrupt, Pop, Franklins and NOED (no addons) on him and i'm doing pretty good for the most part.

    I noticed that certain maps, indoor ones for the most part, are almost certain loss for him.

    Knowing when to use your power, where to place the portal and being VERY accurate with it plays a big part on your kill ratio.


    But yeah, chain hunt is not very useful, it helps sometimes, but... meh.


    DEVS SHOULD FIX HIS LUNGE ASAP!!! It doesnt work properly mid air, nor during side attacks, such as in the middle of loops when you try to start a lunge on corners!