Do devs have time to balance the game?

I feel like no one is really working on game balance. I feel like every dev is working on the next killers. and then fixing those killers after release. And then when those things are either fixed or ignored, then the next killer comes around. It feels like the devs are given zero time to actually look at old perks/kilers. I feel like perks/killers/the game in general should be getting adjustments more often than releasing killers, but I feel like these little changes to these things are so rare. I think the last major change was giving wraith windstorm baseline, and that was some time ago. I wouldn't assume that took that much time.

Anyways, I would just love to see more changes like what they did with the wraith, far more often, but I fear that they are just working on killers/survivors only and nothing else.

Comments

  • I dont think balancing the game is in their priority. The reason i think that is balancing the game wont give them any money.

  • @botrax said:

    I dont think balancing the game is in their priority. The reason i think that is balancing the game wont give them any money.

    Could be that, but I think balancing the game would be in their best interest in the long run. More people will tell their friends about how wonderfully designed the game is. Now it is a game that people play, but wouldn't recommend it.

  • @baseballfan4877 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2507022#Comment_2507022

    Could be that, but I think balancing the game would be in their best interest in the long run. More people will tell their friends about how wonderfully designed the game is. Now it is a game that people play, but wouldn't recommend it.

    I 100% agree with one of my friend wanted to come back because of the RE chapter i told him to stay away and keep his money for other game. I said that because of the balance and bug.

    If the game had a better balance people would be less likely to take a break

  • @baseballfan4877 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2507022#Comment_2507022

    Could be that, but I think balancing the game would be in their best interest in the long run. More people will tell their friends about how wonderfully designed the game is. Now it is a game that people play, but wouldn't recommend it.

    They have the only active game on PC and console in this genre. They don't need to worry about balance and so on.

  • Alright, here's something I noticed:

    Giving some of the bugs in the game recently, I get the feeling that what they are trying is to recode patch by patch. This isn't as ridiculous as it may sound, but bound to cause trouble. So, once that recoding is done, balancing will be a lot easier

  • @baseballfan4877 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2507022#Comment_2507022

    Could be that, but I think balancing the game would be in their best interest in the long run. More people will tell their friends about how wonderfully designed the game is. Now it is a game that people play, but wouldn't recommend it.

    Bruh if they cared about balance as the priority the game would have died years ago when DBD was in it's most terrible state lmao. Took them years to fix something and the game is still here with the community thriving.

    Sad to say that licensing killer after killer is working for them and actually increased their player count and as long as they have complete monopoly on the market with no competition in sight they're in no rush to balance things.

  • @baseballfan4877 said:

    I feel like no one is really working on game balance. I feel like every dev is working on the next killers. and then fixing those killers after release. And then when those things are either fixed or ignored, then the next killer comes around. It feels like the devs are given zero time to actually look at old perks/kilers. I feel like perks/killers/the game in general should be getting adjustments more often than releasing killers, but I feel like these little changes to these things are so rare. I think the last major change was giving wraith windstorm baseline, and that was some time ago. I wouldn't assume that took that much time.

    Anyways, I would just love to see more changes like what they did with the wraith, far more often, but I fear that they are just working on killers/survivors only and nothing else.

    Problem is what does balance mean? Average of 2ks 2 escapes or do you consider 4k a win for killer everything else a loss? If so balanced means half the matches should end with 0 escapes

  • @wxnickxw said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/281289/do-devs-have-time-to-balance-the-game

    Problem is what does balance mean? Average of 2ks 2 escapes or do you consider 4k a win for killer everything else a loss? If so balanced means half the matches should end with 0 escapes

    mainly perks that are never used being reworked. killers getting buffs. some overall health of the game buffs.

  • @baseballfan4877 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2507130#Comment_2507130

    mainly perks that are never used being reworked. killers getting buffs. some overall health of the game buffs.

    Your gonna have to explain how buffing killers constitutes balancing the game. Or atleast why otherwise you woukd say the game is balanced if the survivors moved at one fifth current speed and had to do 20 gens a match

  • @baseballfan4877 said:

    I feel like no one is really working on game balance. I feel like every dev is working on the next killers. and then fixing those killers after release. And then when those things are either fixed or ignored, then the next killer comes around. It feels like the devs are given zero time to actually look at old perks/kilers. I feel like perks/killers/the game in general should be getting adjustments more often than releasing killers, but I feel like these little changes to these things are so rare. I think the last major change was giving wraith windstorm baseline, and that was some time ago. I wouldn't assume that took that much time.

    Anyways, I would just love to see more changes like what they did with the wraith, far more often, but I fear that they are just working on killers/survivors only and nothing else.

    Do they have the time? Sure.

    Do they necessarily have the same views of balance that the playerbase does? No.

    Could they hold off on big additions for a chapter dedicated to just fixing things and fine tuning what we've already got? Theoretically, but we don't know their contractual obligations and they're human beings with lives.

  • @botrax said:

    I dont think balancing the game is in their priority. The reason i think that is balancing the game wont give them any money.

    It's not their priority but it's in their best interests. You can see for yourself how much of the forums are filled with complaint posts because the game imo is in a bad state. I know you can't satisfy everybody, because survivors and killers will be biased, but there are issues that pretty much everyone agrees need fixing, and they're not getting fixed for some reason.

  • @Axx said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2507049#Comment_2507049

    They have the only active game on PC and console in this genre. They don't need to worry about balance and so on.

    Exactly, and they will not need to for a long time because all the reject "dbd killers" are not on console. It reminds me so much of Overwatch. All these weird hero shooters that never went anywhere because the PC player base is not large enough to warrant cutting out the real cashola.

  • No,They busy to fix bugs and make bugs.

  • @MeltingPenguins said:

    Alright, here's something I noticed:

    Giving some of the bugs in the game recently, I get the feeling that what they are trying is to recode patch by patch. This isn't as ridiculous as it may sound, but bound to cause trouble. So, once that recoding is done, balancing will be a lot easier

    We can hope. They did say they had enough people to work on new content and game health at the same time, so who knows maybe they were actually right