This is the games balance. Change my mind
SWF > Killers > Solo Survivors
SWF > Killers > Solo Survivors
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I'd still say if you had 4 competent solo players they are still quite a bit above killers.
Keep in mind a team win is 3 escapes. How often do you go against definite solo players, and they get at least 3 escapes?
SWF > 4 dominant solo survivors with 2k+ hours > Killers > Purple ranks and below solos
It’s too easy for both sides to rank up. Using it for balance is bad. If we are gonna use it though, here’s this. Solo survivor teams lose (3 or more deaths) 70% of matches, as confirmed by devs. They tie 20%. Is that balance? No, but SWF stops it from being fixed. As buffing solo to where they should be would give SWF god status
Make solo survivors as good as SWF. Balance killers around that. its the only way.
Look at my discussion history, ive said it for a year. Devs respond with “well we’re not adding communication, we’ll find another way”. THERE IS NO OTHER WAY!
This game would've been better with better devs. Broken killer matchmaking for like 2 or 3 weeks now. And today they "fixed it". Imagine Fortnite or Black Ops with broken matchmaking systems for 3 weeks. The devs would fix it within hours!!!!!!!
And this isn’t some indie dev. They’re the biggest studio in their entire country
That's because they're usually bad, not because of balance. If I can solo loop a killer for 5 gens at rank 1 regularly, there's an issue. This isn't me bragging either, it's easy and happens a lot.
sorry you missed one SWF>randoms joining parties/calls/discord chat>Killers>solo survivors
What if you’re just better than the killer? Also, forgot to add those stats are at rank 1
My as well be a low skill SWF. No point in including it
It's not a skill issue on his part, there's nothing he can do besides giving up on me and going somewhere else. The only way my loops aren't succeeding is if "I" mess up. Killers success is much more dependent on survivor mistakes than it is them. There's only so much they can do.
Hmmm, as the title suggests, this is very hard to change your mind
Teaming with killer>Swf>killer>solo survivors?
I feel like that’s not much the case ANYMORE (vacuum is gone, pallets are tweaked) it’s just that if the survivor makes a mistake, they get injured, if killer does, it’s another 30 seconds of loop.
Everyone that teams is notoriously #########. But then again bond exists...
Those pallet tweaks weren't that significant to change much of anything. Just means if he plays well I may just get 1 less loop since i can't cut it as close and rely on the vacuum anymore.
and when a dwight with it sees someone inside a locker with it...
It’s just, I get to rank 1 and don’t dodge swf all the time. I’ve been 5 gen looped (it WAS SWF) once, as perkless leatherface. 5 streamers too. But I’ve only suffered absolute loss once. While I’ve wiped with little to no gens done several times
that was patch 1.4-ish too
That's simply because the average survivor sucks. If you put the best survivor against the best killer, the killer will always lose. There are a lot more terrible survivors than there are killers.
In most asymmetrical formulas, the number role has advantage if ALL FOUR are as good or a little better than the power role. If the weakest link isn’t weak, they usually win. This is also because the number role has to be way more popular
Eh , it all depends on how experienced they are.
If the swf have voice coms and are very experienced then yeah they would be stronger than the killer.
Solo survivors can be still stronger than killer if they have a few thousand hours played each.
Some 4 man swf are so bad that it's an easy 4k.
Impossible with the current rank system, so this is one of the few times I agree with @Jack11803
Why change what's true?
This hurt on a physical level
I simply disagree
That’s the point. I’m challenging someone to try and prove me wrong
That's how it's "supposed" to be. Unfortunately you don't need 4 to overpower the killer in this game even though that's how it's supposed to work.
Yeah, it sucks. Ironically the super casual f13 is pretty balanced.
Yeah I've never played f13 so I'm not able to comment on that one.
Still don't understand why dev are so against getting voice com in the game, it's literaly the only way to get solo to the level of swf.
The only reason I can think of is that they have no idea how to do it