846 hours played, just uninstalled.

It took all of one session of playing with MMR matchmaking on to make me uninstall the game. I've been playing since I bought it in 2018, along with buying it for the two friends I was still playing with today. I've purchased many of the cosmetics, along with all of the chapters excluding twins, gunslinger, and pinhead. Searching my steam store purchase history was painful, because I realize I've been a cash cow for a game I'm effectively dropping.

I play killer (and am rank 50 on all the killers I own) and play survivor when my friends join me. I was not planning on stopping playing this game in any respect, but the MMR matches were so bad I don't know why I would continue. Every game was meta builds, toxic killers trying to max their mmr, and absolutely no fun allowed. I don't know why a mechanic that dictates matchmaking in the most toxic esport communities out there would possibly be considered for what has historically been a party game.

I guess the devs won't care, they've already gotten my money. If the point was to kill the game off so that Behavior can focus on new horizons, congratulations, you've done it. It's easy to make comparisons to the implosions of The Culling or the recent suffocation of Starcraft II, but neither of those hurt as much as this one.

I hope they reconsider this trajectory and axe MMR, but I don't have much faith. I loved you DBD, but after making an account on this forum to post this, I don't know if I'll think about you again.

Comments