DC'ing on Third Hook

Title. What's up with this, nearly every game someone will DC when being transported to their third hook. Is it so the killer gets less BP or emblem points? And if so is being THAT vindictive worth the match-making ban?

Comments

  • I've done that twice I think and both times were in anger before I realized "Well that was dumb".

    I suppose some people might be vindictive or DC'ing for Hatch but I imagine most are like me and are not thinking very clearly...

  • @tippy2k2 said:

    I've done that twice I think and both times were in anger before I realized "Well that was dumb".

    I suppose some people might be vindictive or DC'ing for Hatch but I imagine most are like me and are not thinking very clearly...

    DC'ing for hatch while annoying has a purpose. I just don't get it, the game is over and I try my best to play relatively "fair" when I can, just take the BP or the 0-1 pip.

  • @SomberNokk said:

    Title. What's up with this, nearly every game someone will DC when being transported to their third hook. Is it so the killer gets less BP or emblem points? And if so is being THAT vindictive worth the match-making ban?

    Rather that then first hook. Bring back my BBQ stack you DC bastard.

  • i usually just assume its to stop killers from getting bbq info. Or its just a ragequit. If its the first it was pretty stupid, now you get to wait to play again. If you were in a swf I understand more cause you have teammates still playing so you can run out your clock. If it was a ragequit the queue time is irrelevant since you're not playing anyways.

    I've long thought that DC penalties should only progress when you're actively on the game. Can't just wait it out by playing something else.

  • @chargernick85 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/280391/dcing-on-third-hook

    Rather that then first hook. Bring back my BBQ stack you DC bastard.

    That's true, depending on the state of the game if someone DC's on the first hook and the survivors want to farm I'll farm with them.

  • @SomberNokk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2498955#Comment_2498955

    That's true, depending on the state of the game if someone DC's on the first hook and the survivors want to farm I'll farm with them.

    Depends how my day at work went. I sometimes just slaughter them (Put them out of misery) to get to next game. I do try to at least take turns hooking the rest so everyone can get some points. Staring at them doing gens or letting them stun me over and over got boring so I stopped that #########.

  • @chargernick85 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2498961#Comment_2498961

    Depends how my day at work went. I sometimes just slaughter them (Put them out of misery) to get to next game. I do try to at least take turns hooking the rest so everyone can get some points. Staring at them doing gens or letting them stun me over and over got boring so I stopped that #########.

    Back when DC penalties were off during the event I did like 7 games in a row of farming cause I was having 2 DC's per game on their first down, by the 8th game my eyes were rolling so hard I just played the match out normally till everyone was on death hook then stood in a corner. It was bordem hell but frustrating for the survivors so I couldn't bring myself to just exploit an easy game like that.

  • Funnily enough, I've actually seen people do this to negate killer's getting stuff like pop from hooks

    Think about it, you're dead on hook and about to die and you know your friends are on the last gen - if you DC right before you get hooked the killer can't pop the gen

    It's such a disgusting thing to do, but I've seen it happen.

  • "DC when being transported to their third hook. Is it so the killer gets less BP or emblem points?"

    IMO it is 'an eye for an eye' thing. Players can easily deal with the DC penalties. Fewer care about the Bloodpoints or fun. BP are just a little hand at the start of the game but nothing more then... And fun is just a very subjective & personal thing. It depends to each one...

    "I've done that twice I think and both times were in anger". Well it was probably the same thing for the DCers too, they were anger, you was anger, definitively a good trial for everyone...

  • @SomberNokk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2498969#Comment_2498969

    Back when DC penalties were off during the event I did like 7 games in a row of farming cause I was having 2 DC's per game on their first down, by the 8th game my eyes were rolling so hard I just played the match out normally till everyone was on death hook then stood in a corner. It was bordem hell but frustrating for the survivors so I couldn't bring myself to just exploit an easy game like that.

    I get that but realize when a survivor DC it does not only hurt the survivors but the killer as well. You lose out on at least 3 chases (assuming first hook dc), 3 hooks/BBQ stack just to name some. The sad part is DC is too popular for me to "BE NICE" every time it happens so I try to be nice in my own way and get the remaining players to a better trial quicker. There's no exploits there....I didn't make them DC and neither did you (I HOPE).

  • @Brokenbones said:

    Funnily enough, I've actually seen people do this to negate killer's getting stuff like pop from hooks

    Think about it, you're dead on hook and about to die and you know your friends are on the last gen - if you DC right before you get hooked the killer can't pop the gen

    It's such a disgusting thing to do, but I've seen it happen.

    That makes sense. That's some nerd ######### though if you're thinking that competitively about the game.

  • @SomberNokk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2498983#Comment_2498983

    That makes sense. That's some nerd ######### though if you're thinking that competitively about the game.

    Some people will do anything for an advantage

    stretched res, extremely bright nintendo 3ds filters, DCing for the reasons I mentioned and so on

  • @chargernick85 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2498977#Comment_2498977

    I get that but realize when a survivor DC it does not only hurt the survivors but the killer as well. You lose out on at least 3 chases (assuming first hook dc), 3 hooks/BBQ stack just to name some. The sad part is DC is too popular for me to "BE NICE" every time it happens so I try to be nice in my own way and get the remaining players to a better trial quicker. There's no exploits there....I didn't make them DC and neither did you (I HOPE).

    I know what you mean, different strokes. Exploit is the wrong word, it's annoying when someone is that selfish due to their own lack of skill, and I can 100% see why you'd just wanna get the game over with as quickly as possible and move onto the next.

  • i love it when survivors DC on last hook for hatch. I love watching salty survivors willingly sacrifice all their BP. Even better when the last survivor dies anyways LOL

    I would never, ever DC from a match just so a person could get hatch. DCs should be saved for food, family, and mental breakdowns. If my swf can't make it to the hatch, then they die. It's not the end of the world.

  • Big ego survivors always rage quit.