Tome challenge causing toxicity

Every time I have to do the tome challenges that involve blinding the killer I get slapped on the hook and heads shaken at me. I’m not trying to be toxic but I understand why killers think it’s annoying. I wish they wouldn’t have challenges like this. Great way to start off the final level :/

Comments

  • Just because people react in a negative way doesn't make it toxic.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Just because people react in a negative way doesn't make it toxic.

    Just got done being face camped. I messaged them asking why and they said it was because I was “toxic flashlight user”

  • This is not really the Challenge causing toxicity. Or Flashlights causing toxicity. This is the player being sensitive over an Item which is in the game (and can and should be used).

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    This is not really the Challenge causing toxicity. Or Flashlights causing toxicity. This is the player being sensitive over an Item which is in the game (and can and should be used).

    Seems like every killer I run into is sensitive then. Bad luck I guess

  • I’d rather people throw on lightborn than deal with the unnecessary bad manners

  • As a killer what I like to do when the new tome levels come out is scout the survivor challenges to see what to expect in a match. Might be trying to get flashlight saves....or pop gens in the killers terror radius or pallet stuns. That stuff used to bother me when I first started but now I realize it's part of the game.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Just because people react in a negative way doesn't make it toxic.

    Holy crap saving this for later.

    @MrsGhostface said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2498807#Comment_2498807

    Just got done being face camped. I messaged them asking why and they said it was because I was “toxic flashlight user”

    Using an ingame mechanic /=/ toxic. People are just sensitive weenies

  • @Guest1567432 said:

    As a killer what I like to do when the new tome levels come out is scout the survivor challenges to see what to expect in a match. Might be trying to get flashlight saves....or pop gens in the killers terror radius or pallet stuns. That stuff used to bother me when I first started but now I realize it's part of the game.

    I do this as survivor, I go through the killer challenges and see what they're trying to do. Doing this actually explains alot of killer/survivor gameplay that seems odd when tomes come out.

  • It comes down to assuming malicious intent. Seems like the reaction from people is that the other side is intentionally trying to ruin their game when often that isn't the case.

    People who troll and bully in this game are usually fairly obvious about it and often it involves play outside of the usual. A team of survivors not touching gens just baiting the killer into repeated locker stuns and blinds, killers downing everyone and then dancing around while they bleed out etc.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    This is not really the Challenge causing toxicity. Or Flashlights causing toxicity. This is the player being sensitive over an Item which is in the game (and can and should be used).

    Slapping the hook also isn´t toxic by that logic. Or is it?

  • @MrsGhostface said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2498807#Comment_2498807

    Just got done being face camped. I messaged them asking why and they said it was because I was “toxic flashlight user”

    Just got a "apparently non toxic" 4 man SWF squad that last second switched to flashlights.

    So

    Much

    Fun!

  • I use Blast Mine. You get 2 blinds/stuns for the price of 1.

  • @KingFrost said:

    I use Blast Mine. You get 2 blinds/stuns for the price of 1.

    the sacred tomes! entity bless