Cenobite on The Game map
I played a lot of Cenobite recently, but I just can't handle the "The Game" map. I am always getting 0k games with very few hooks.
My issues:
- There are too many pallets I just need to eat and my power doesn't really help with them.
- The loops are quite long, if I manage to chain them by the time I get to them they are already free and often next to a pallet.
- Many line of sight breakers, makes it hard to use the power.
-Narrow spaces and corners, makes it hard to correctly place the portal and avoid obstacles with the chain.
- Chains break easily because of many obstacles.
So how do you handle this?
Note that I am playing only with basic brown add-ons, so solutions like bring this or that strong add-ons doesn't count. Also don't come with enduring brutal strength.
Comments
Ironically I got my adept there, but this was moreso survivors throwing than my cenobite prowess.
Generally the game is just one of the worst maps for killer in the game and a lot of killers are close to auto-lose there
Unfortunately this is just a "welcome to the Game." The map after its rework is a bananas survivor sided map that has, depending on its rng, upwards of 5 god pallets, the vault drop, loops with double pallets, two god windows, the basement double pallet, and several safe pallets/loops that can be extended.
Pinhead simply cannot handle it. He's not a good killer, has basically no map pressure, and safe pallets absolutely ruin him. Your only hope really is to luck out on a 3 gen and tunnel a survivor out of the game asap, while trying to control center top gen near stairs so you can have easy movement
. Few killers can handle that map. Pinhead is not one of them. Nurse and Spirit really are the only ones that can do it. Blight struggles on that map. Oni can struggle on that map. Pyramid Head can struggle on that map. Spirit can even struggle on that map depending on RNG. Nurse really is the only killer who doesn't mind that map simply due to the fact she can invalidate the god pallets and vault drop. And even then she's VERY hard to play on that map as you cannot aim down cancel your blinks and the sheer amount of walls/ups/downs can bork with your locations.
My honest advice, anytime you play on that map as killer, don't go into it with high hopes. You'll just get frustrated after you've broken your 13th pallet.
I'd suggest stealth killers over Nurse and Spirit on the Game. There are a number of killers that benefit from a lack of line of sight and they're strong on indoor maps.
Well I would say you play it like a billy/blight on rod and go simply in as an M1 killer. Not much else you can do there except trying your best with the options given to you.
Pig is demolished by the Game. Ironically enough xD. Her stealth is a mindgame, no decent pig walks around stealthed, and no decent survivor gets hit by a killer doing that. And most of the pallets on the game cannot be mindgamed.
Ghostface is possibly debatable. The problem is that anyone running spine chill completely nullifies his entire stealth aspect on a map that only has so many places for you to look for him. I will say he is capable of some pretty nutty snowball on Game, but even average survivors can easily run a ghostface for entire expose duration on that map.
Wraith I don't really call a "stealth" killer anymore. Yes he's partial invisible and has no terror radius, but he doesn't play much like a stealth killer. Wraith doesn't do well on game UNLESS you're using the purple addon to kick pallets faster in stealth, that can actually save you a massive chunk of time on that map. Of the stealth killers I'd say he does best on the game of the lot, but thats also because he's probably the best of the stealth killers in terms of overall power anyways.
Myers. No. Just no. That map is a travesty for him.
The Game rework has been out for 6 months now, everyone, EVERYONE (survivors and killers) admit that there are way too many pallets/windows/strong loops on this map but BHVR does nothing, as always.
Also, concerning Pinhead, the slow down when he catches someone with its power is way too small, chains are breaking really fast, even more on indoor maps where there are walls everywhere.
I have played Pinhead last days and it is really really rare that a good use of my power delivers a hit; why ?
What does it mean ? It is useless 100% of the time to use your power in chase.
Chains should not be broken with walls or other survivors passing through. Time to break the chains must be slightly increased.
Concerning the map "The Game", if you end up on this map with a loop weak killer (Demo, Oni, Blight, Doctor, Billy), it's useless to play it, it will be a pain in the ass.
I agree with you on most of those killers but I think it's a great blight map, I actually like going there as him
You can still move while creating the portal. You need to create it right on top of the survivor. Then your chain hits almost instantly and it helps a bit to catch up. Also useful on shorter loops. Unfortunately the loops on "the game" map are quite long and walls break chains easily therefore the power is usually useless there.
no no... say it was the prowess. no one can prove otherwise XD
that said, I don't think I even played as or against pinhead on the game yet...