Solution to DBD problems

Support VHS, it’s free to play asymmetrical 4 v 1 game. Maybe if it does well BHVR will actually have to try and make their game good.

Comments

  • I prefer dvds. Vhs is just terrible.

    I hope I never have to rewind another tape in my life.




    This to say. Say the name of things, idk what you're talking about and don't wanna look for it.

  • Im not looking forward to that game. They didn't even show if the survivors even escape, it seems like survivors have to kill the killer... yeah, sounds terrible.

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    I prefer dvds. Vhs is just terrible.

    I hope I never have to rewind another tape in my life.

    This to say. Say the name of things, idk what you're talking about and don't wanna look for it.

    It's a game called VHS by Hellbent Studios

  • That is a terrible name choice... just gonna hurt their search results. Should have added a "- extra title" or something at least

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2493618#Comment_2493618

    That is a terrible name choice... just gonna hurt their search results. Should have added a "- extra title" or something at least

    If you search "VHS game" on google it's the first result but yeah i don't think it's a great idea.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Im not looking forward to that game. They didn't even show if the survivors even escape, it seems like survivors have to kill the killer... yeah, sounds terrible.

    From what I ve seen there is no escape either kill the monster or get killed.

    Also they have similar perk system like dbd but with perk classes. Meaning some perks will be stronger than others so you can use only 3 of those, or 5 weaker perks I think.

    Looks decent but not really my type of game from what I have seen so far. We will see how it goes

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2493623#Comment_2493623

    If you search "VHS game" on google it's the first result but yeah i don't think it's a great idea.

    This was my first result that wasn't an youtube video

    Back in The '80s, several video companies took advantage of VCR technology to develop games that used both video and board game elements. Many of which were adaptations of existing properties. The medium managed a surprising diversity in both the …

    and I find that hilarious 😂


    And it was nowhere to be seen when I searched just "vhs"



    Edit: also, this was a gane that appeared before the important one

    1-Unzip the file.

    seems interesting

  • Way too cartoonish for my taste.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Im not looking forward to that game. They didn't even show if the survivors even escape, it seems like survivors have to kill the killer... yeah, sounds terrible.

    The survivors do not escape they work as a team to defeat the monster. So unlike DBD, the game has a clear win condition. Survivors win if monster is defeated, monster wins if he defeats all survivors.

  • Also, I’m not saying that everyone should stop playing DBD, I enjoy DBD, but I know it could be better if the game had some competition. So if you truly want that at least give the VHS game a try, it’s not going to be everyone’s cup of tea, but give it a chance to succeed if only for the betterment of DBD.

  • That is not really a solution though.

    it may help indirectly if it turns out to be a competent and successful game in the same genre, but that’s unlikely and even if they are still different enough to coexist


    but BHVR should start listening more to the community and deliver more QoL stuff, balance changes etc. They could use the PTB for more bigger scope (and also more smaller scope) changes which don’t need to make it all into the game. Currently the PTB actually feels more like an advertisement (though I do know they use feedback and bug reports to start early on the bugfix patches)

    Also more resources to the QA department (and while at this, hire me, I am already spending way too much time on here might as well get more useful on this lol)

  • @Mooks said:

    That is not really a solution though.

    it may help indirectly if it turns out to be a competent and successful game in the same genre, but that’s unlikely and even if they are still different enough to coexist

    but BHVR should start listening more to the community and deliver more QoL stuff, balance changes etc. They could use the PTB for more bigger scope (and also more smaller scope) changes which don’t need to make it all into the game. Currently the PTB actually feels more like an advertisement (though I do know they use feedback and bug reports to start early on the bugfix patches)

    Also more resources to the QA department (and while at this, hire me, I am already spending way too much time on here might as well get more useful on this lol)

    They could, but they won’t. DBD has no competition and makes so much money that they have no desire or drive to make the game better in any way/shape/form/fashion. If another game was on the market threatening to take players away from their player base it would incentivize BHVR to actually make good quality changes to attract people to their game. As it stands now BHVR can do whatever they want and get away with it because what other game can you play that is an asymmetrical 4v1 horror game?

  • I'm actually really looking foward to that game. I know alot of people probably won't give it a try because it isn't anywhere near as developed as dbd but Rome wasn't built in a day.

  • @unclefood87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2493661#Comment_2493661

    They could, but they won’t. DBD has no competition and makes so much money that they have no desire or drive to make the game better in any way/shape/form/fashion. If another game was on the market threatening to take players away from their player base it would incentivize BHVR to actually make good quality changes to attract people to their game. As it stands now BHVR can do whatever they want and get away with it because what other game can you play that is an asymmetrical 4v1 horror game?

    There have been quite a few, but they all died. To me, that indicates most people like BHVR's changes to DbD.

  • @unclefood87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2493661#Comment_2493661

    They could, but they won’t. DBD has no competition and makes so much money that they have no desire or drive to make the game better in any way/shape/form/fashion. If another game was on the market threatening to take players away from their player base it would incentivize BHVR to actually make good quality changes to attract people to their game. As it stands now BHVR can do whatever they want and get away with it because what other game can you play that is an asymmetrical 4v1 horror game?

    But what if VHS turns out to be worse than DbD and they make even worse decisions, like all the others that tried? It’s not like we haven’t seen attempts before.

    at least there seem to be other contenders coming soon, like that totally-not-Chucky and EvilDead games.

  • @unclefood87 said:

    Support VHS, it’s free to play asymmetrical 4 v 1 game. Maybe if it does well BHVR will actually have to try and make their game good.

    VHS !? hope u kidding me

    u mean old school VHS video tape .. ect ..

    am i messing some thing here?

  • @stormy_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/279805/solution-to-dbd-problems

    VHS !? hope u kidding me

    u mean old school VHS video tape .. ect ..

    am i messing some thing here?

    A game in developement by Hellbent games

    its literally called ‚VHS - The Game‘ and the video tapes play a role in this 80s inspired game

  • I'm not going to quit dbd after grinding my way to where i am now to start another game that also has a grind and perk tiers.

    I've been playing 3 games for the past months: dbd, rocket league and rainbow 6, and the more i play the last two mentioned the more i find the grind senseless, unnecessary and unwanted.

  • Not going to lie, it looks pretty bad in my opinion.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2493670#Comment_2493670

    But what if VHS turns out to be worse than DbD and they make even worse decisions, like all the others that tried? It’s not like we haven’t seen attempts before.

    at least there seem to be other contenders coming soon, like that totally-not-Chucky and EvilDead games.

    It’s always a possibility, but we won’t know if we just shut it down before giving it a chance. That being said, here are some things they do that I like.

    Clear win/loss condition for both sides.

    There is no incentive as killer to tunnel/camp as they will clearly lose. As killer you just incapacitate survivors. If killer was to choose to just camp the downed survivor the other 3 will complete their objectives, banish the monster and get an easy win.

    There is no easy way out mechanic for either side (moris/keys).

    There is apparently a perk point system. You’re allowed 5 perks, but each perk has a point value and there’s a point cap to builds so there’s a chance for the devs to control how powerful perk builds can get.

  • @BlindMole said:

    I'm not going to quit dbd after grinding my way to where i am now to start another game that also has a grind and perk tiers.

    I've been playing 3 games for the past months: dbd, rocket league and rainbow 6, and the more i play the last two mentioned the more i find the grind senseless, unnecessary and unwanted.

    That’s fine, I’ll still be playing DBD too, I’m just hoping people will give the competition a chance.

  • @TunnelVision said:

    Not going to lie, it looks pretty bad in my opinion.

    Did you ever see how DBD first looked when it released?

  • @unclefood87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2493678#Comment_2493678

    It’s always a possibility, but we won’t know if we just shut it down before giving it a chance. That being said, here are some things they do that I like.

    Clear win/loss condition for both sides.

    There is no incentive as killer to tunnel/camp as they will clearly lose. As killer you just incapacitate survivors. If killer was to choose to just camp the downed survivor the other 3 will complete their objectives, banish the monster and get an easy win.

    There is no easy way out mechanic for either side (moris/keys).

    There is apparently a perk point system. You’re allowed 5 perks, but each perk has a point value and there’s a point cap to builds so there’s a chance for the devs to control how powerful perk builds can get.

    Yeah I agree those points sound great:

    but you still have other barriers, people don’t want to abandon DbD because of time and money spent, the aesthetics are different, licenses are a big part of DbD and no new game can directly compete against that.

    i just don’t think the solution to DbDs problems is putting all you have on one competitor.. but I will give VHS definitely a try. Making it free2play is a pretty smart move that will make more players actually consider giving it a try!

  • Okay yeah it would be good if it would compete with dbd but the thing is DBD still ends up being better than all of these competitors anyways. Yes it has a lot of problems but it's still a good game and i just think people thinking that another game will pop up and be perfect is unrealistic.

  • @unclefood87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2493688#Comment_2493688

    That’s fine, I’ll still be playing DBD too, I’m just hoping people will give the competition a chance.

    Oh don't get me wrong, it's great that dbd gets some competition! Other games of the same genre is a really good thing, but i just don't have the patience or time to start a grind heavy game.

    But again, a litle bit of competition could even be really good for dbd as it would finally make the devs put in a bit more effort towards easy things to fix

  • There are rumours of a new licensed horror game from Gun Media.

    Hopefully it will be Halloween...but I doubt it.

  • I’ll definitely give it a try but it’s not going to overthrow dbd at all

  • I'm just gonna stick with Predator hunting grounds