Mindset of someone who only plays one side

NoedMyersop.PNG

Imagine crying about bad perk on bad killer xD... You can't make this s...tuff up xD.

Reaching Iri 1 and not knowing that windows and pallets are in game or that survivors can actually cleanse totems or that Small Game, Counterforce, Detective's Hunch, Inner Strength, 2 different map items or 1k points for cleansing a dull totem are a thing.

Comments

  • I mean Noed is controversial but it’s hardly a bad perk

  • The ironic part is that a lot of people who don't think NOED is healthy play both sides and recognise it's true strength comes when facing solos, not the dreaded SWF everyone seems so afraid of

  • @Phasmamain @ImmersedNurse @GoodBoyKaru

    1. Doesn't help killer untill the very end
    2. Can be cleansed
    3. It's possible it won't even proc, because it's super easy to cleanse all totems with Small Game or Counterforce + map. Also cleansing all 5 prolongs the game by 20 seconds, so yeah...
    4. Killer can still be looped easily unless it's Nurse, Spirit, Hag or Slinger
    5. Was nerfed twice already
    6. Even in solo squad, it takes literally one person with brains to make it useless


    How is it a good perk? I dunno, maybe I'm biased, because when I don't like something I actually... bare with me... try to counter it. That's why my standard build is Kindred, Spine Chill, DS and counterforce with map. Oh you're camping me? Enjoying one hook defeat. Oh you tunnel? Enjoy stun and lack of momentum.

  • @Ssajbambusa said:

    @Phasmamain @ImmersedNurse

    1. Doesn't help killer untill the very end
    2. Can be cleansed
    3. It's possible it won't even proc, because it's super easy to cleanse all totems with Small Game or Counterforce + map. Also cleansing all 5 prolongs the game by 20 seconds, so yeah...
    4. Killer can still be looped easily unless it's Nurse, Spirit, Hag or Slinger
    5. Was nerfed twice already

    How is it a good perk?

    It's possible it won't even proc, because it's super easy to cleanse all totems with Small Game or Counterforce + map.

    You do realise only a minority run that? Every day there's always a post on how NOED needs a nerf.

  • @Elena I don't care? Survivors have tools to counter literally everything a killer can do, but refuse to use them... It is really not my problem. "I need slots for my 4 meta perks, uga buga!" That's how they sound to me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Small Game (which even have counter of totems in game) is a general perk, there is literally no excuse of not running it if you are so scared of Noed. Hate Spirit or any stealth killer? Spine Chill makes them useless and is a general perk as well. Hate being camped? Use Kindred and laught at them loosing... which is general perk, again.

    Above all else, you don't need any perk as survivor to counter noed. You run to gen or somewhere and see a dull on the way? Cleanse it. Oh god... so hard...

  • @ImmersedNurse How cleansing totems applies only to swf?

    ???

  • I play more survivor than killer actually and play swf like once a year so yeah, valid points.

    How is cleansing totems unrealistic in solo play? Especially with all the tools survivors have for it? I really don't see where you are coming from.

  • @Ssajbambusa said:

    @Phasmamain @ImmersedNurse

    1. Doesn't help killer untill the very end
    2. Can be cleansed
    3. It's possible it won't even proc, because it's super easy to cleanse all totems with Small Game or Counterforce + map. Also cleansing all 5 prolongs the game by 20 seconds, so yeah...
    4. Killer can still be looped easily unless it's Nurse, Spirit, Hag or Slinger
    5. Was nerfed twice already

    How is it a good perk?

    1) That doesn't change my statement of it's a solo stomping perk.

    2) That doesn't change my statement of it's a solo stomping perk.

    3) This is the reason it is a solo stomping perk. All 4 survivors searching for and cleansing totems, with no information on where the other survivors are, how many totems are left, or where the totems have been cleansed, immidialtely throws the game. NOED is a greater slowdown perk than even ruin when facing solos- again, solo stomping perk- whilst SWF have the communication and information needed to deactive this perk, ensuring it won't work when you "need" it.

    "Just use small ga-" Solo survivors should not have to use perks, items, add-ons or offerings to get information that SWF get for free, and thinking they should is the reason this game is so unbalanced towards them.

    4) That doesn't change my statement of it's a solo stomping perk.

    5) That doesn't change my statement of it's a solo stomping perk.

    6) False, see above. Solos cannot communicate builds effectively to make this argument remotely valid.

    "Just talk in pre-game chat" hi can I introduce you to the existence of console players

    @Ssajbambusa said:

    @Elena I don't care? Survivors have tools to counter literally everything a killer can do, but refuse to use them... It is really not my problem. "I need slots for my 4 meta perks, uga buga!" That's how they sound to me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Small Game (which even have counter of totems in game) is a general perk, there is literally no excuse of not running it if you are so scared of Noed. Hate Spirit or any stealth killer? Spine Chill makes them useless and is a general perk as well. Hate being camped? Use Kindred and laught at them loosing... which is general perk, again.

    Above all else, you don't need any perk as survivor to counter noed. You run to gen or somewhere and see a dull on the way? Cleanse it. Oh god... so hard...

    Above all else, you don't need any perk as survivor to counter noed. You run to gen or somewhere and see a dull on the way? Cleanse it. Oh god... so hard...

    This is actually an awful idea. If you cleanse 3 totems, 3 obvious totems, the other 2 will be more hidden and if there is a NOED you will now have a much harder time finding these totems. You have guaranteed that NOED spawns in a hidden place, instead of having a 60% chance for it to spawn out in the open.

    Survivors have tools to counter literally everything a killer can do, but refuse to use them... It is really not my problem. "I need slots for my 4 meta perks, uga buga!" That's how they sound to me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Small Game (which even have counter of totems in game) is a general perk, there is literally no excuse of not running it if you are so scared of Noed. Hate Spirit or any stealth killer? Spine Chill makes them useless and is a general perk as well. Hate being camped? Use Kindred and laught at them loosing... which is general perk, again.

    This statement works perfectly until you realise you cannot predict who you're facing and then it falls apart faster than my last relationship.

  • @Elena said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2491311#Comment_2491311

    It's possible it won't even proc, because it's super easy to cleanse all totems with Small Game or Counterforce + map.

    You do realise only a minority run that? Every day there's always a post on how NOED needs a nerf.

    And thats the problem, small game is not popular when the most meta perks are hex perks.

  • Ok, just don't cleanse totems, guys, and keep crying about noed. I already made a post how you sound to me when refusing to use tools devs gave you.

  • @Ssajbambusa said:

    Ok, just don't cleanse totems, guys, and keep crying about noed. I already made a post how you sound to me when refusing to use tools devs gave you.

    Tell me you have the mindset of someone who only plays one side without telling me directly you have the mindset of someone who only plays one side

  • @ImmersedNurse I don't, because I am literally this one person who actually tries to counter things instead of mindlessly genrushing, 3genning the team or bombing the hook.

  • Say what you want about No Ed, but I wouldn’t necessarily call it “weak”.

    High risk, high Reward, maybe. Weak? Not so much.

  • @Ssajbambusa said:

    @Elena I don't care? Survivors have tools to counter literally everything a killer can do, but refuse to use them... It is really not my problem. "I need slots for my 4 meta perks, uga buga!" That's how they sound to me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Small Game (which even have counter of totems in game) is a general perk, there is literally no excuse of not running it if you are so scared of Noed. Hate Spirit or any stealth killer? Spine Chill makes them useless and is a general perk as well. Hate being camped? Use Kindred and laught at them loosing... which is general perk, again.

    Above all else, you don't need any perk as survivor to counter noed. You run to gen or somewhere and see a dull on the way? Cleanse it. Oh god... so hard...

    I got so say, for someone complaining about the mindset of people who only play one side, you kind of seem to have such a mindset yourself.

  • That person isn't crying, probably have won and escaped, it's valid to say that because Noed on a killer that can have prepared the instadown power just sounds dumb and a waste of perk slot

  • @Ssajbambusa said:

    @Elena I don't care? Survivors have tools to counter literally everything a killer can do, but refuse to use them... It is really not my problem. "I need slots for my 4 meta perks, uga buga!" That's how they sound to me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Small Game (which even have counter of totems in game) is a general perk, there is literally no excuse of not running it if you are so scared of Noed. Hate Spirit or any stealth killer? Spine Chill makes them useless and is a general perk as well. Hate being camped? Use Kindred and laught at them loosing... which is general perk, again.

    Above all else, you don't need any perk as survivor to counter noed. You run to gen or somewhere and see a dull on the way? Cleanse it. Oh god... so hard...

    I'm perfectly fine with NOED, but every match plays out a little differently. Some matches you can knock out all 5 totems quickly without any problem. I can get rid of most of them without any perks a good amount of the time too. But it's not always a simple operation.

    I like the thrill of predicting they have NOED and not cleansing everything too though lol So it's no skin off my nose.

  • Noed gives you one additional hook if it procs, that's it. Then it's cleansed or people leave. If anything else happens you just play against bad survivors or are not too smart yourself. High risk, smoll reward.

    Oh yes, using perks avaible without any dlc to counter things you know are common is such a 'play only one side mindset'. :)

  • @Apollos With Small Game it really is a simple operation. Counterforce + map even easier, because you see no totem aura when lest is finished.

  • @ImmersedNurse You sound like kind of person who would refuse to cleanse dulls even if old undying was back. It's not my objective, so I don't do it UGH. That's how you sound now I'f me using general perks is sounding like one sided player.

  • @ImmersedNurse If they are so scared about noed? Then using totem perk sounds... I don't know... reasonable?

  • IMG_20210910_072344731.jpg

    I was using it on myers as well.

    Ever since the mmr is out I am doing some crazy old challenges. Its the only fun I have left in this game

  • Also you seem to ignore that Small game provied counter of how many totems are in game and literally points in direction of the totem... If we are throwing 'you seem to ignore card'. My precious posts adresses every single of the points you guys made. You have tools, but you refuse to use them. That's about it.

  • @Ssajbambusa said:

    Also you seem to ignore that Small game provied counter of how many totems are in game and literally points in direction of the totem... If we are throwing 'you seem to ignore card'. My precious posts adresses every single of the points you guys made. You have tools, but you refuse to use them. That's about it.

    Solos shouldn't have to use perks, items, add-ons or offerings for information that SWF get for free and this being the case perpetuates the lack of balance in this game.

  • Point a single thing I didn't adress already. Come on.

    And if you want to go into swf discussion remove the game, because they get unfair advantage no matter what you change. How does this apply to noed being good/bad perk? Every perk is ######### if you devide things between swf and solo with the difference of noed having specific counters you can run for free.

    Edit: Also I mentioned that all you actually have to do is cleanse dulls as you run from objective to objective. It's literally all you have to do.

  • @Ssajbambusa said:

    @Elena I don't care? Survivors have tools to counter literally everything a killer can do, but refuse to use them... It is really not my problem. "I need slots for my 4 meta perks, uga buga!" That's how they sound to me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Small Game (which even have counter of totems in game) is a general perk, there is literally no excuse of not running it if you are so scared of Noed. Hate Spirit or any stealth killer? Spine Chill makes them useless and is a general perk as well. Hate being camped? Use Kindred and laught at them loosing... which is general perk, again.

    Above all else, you don't need any perk as survivor to counter noed. You run to gen or somewhere and see a dull on the way? Cleanse it. Oh god... so hard...

    I don't care?

    Your dedication to this thread indicates that you do.

    Survivors have tools to counter literally everything a killer can do, but refuse to use them.

    I use Inner Strength in my build, which is arguably a counter to Hex totems. So I disagree that survivors refuse to use those tools.

  • @Ssajbambusa said:

    @Apollos With Small Game it really is a simple operation. Counterforce + map even easier, because you see no totem aura when lest is finished.

    It can be, but it's still not something you nail 100% of the time.

  • Bye <3. Don't need a person who throws accusation of me not adressing points, but who can't actually quote what I did not adress. Even a single thing. So yeah. Byeeee.

    @Elena "You do realise only a minority run that?" -> "I don't care"

    I see a ping while writing something so I respond... and If someone makes a thread to which they don't want to even respond... what's the point??

    I really don't care about people who don't use tools which were giving to them for free. And since you do use anti-totem perk it clearly was not directed at you? What did you feel attacked by this if you are not in the group I am poking fun of? Weird.

  • @ImmersedNurse Yes, it's quite telling and sad. So many people finding noed strong is hilarious xD.

  • @Ssajbambusa said:

    @ImmersedNurse Yes, it's quite telling and sad. So many people finding noed strong is hilarious xD.

    Show me where I've said it's strong. I've always used the phrase "Solo stomper" and "unhealthy". I haven't commented on how strong or weak the perk is overall.

    Try again

    20210816_102316.jpg


  • Can comment on memes, but still can't point out a thing I adressed. Yeah, very mature debating <3.

  • @Ssajbambusa said:

    Bye <3. Don't need a person who throws accusation of me not adressing points, but who can't actually quote what I did not adress. Even a single thing. So yeah. Byeeee.

    @Elena "You do realise only a minority run that?" -> "I don't care"

    I see a ping while writing something so I respond... and If someone makes a thread to which they don't want to even respond... what's the point??

    I really don't care about people who don't use tools which were giving to them for free. And since you do use anti-totem perk it clearly was not directed at you? What did you feel attacked by this if you are not in the group I am poking fun of? Weird.

    I see a ping while writing something so I respond

    If you didn't care, you wouldn't respond.

    Since you do use anti-totem perk it clearly was not directed at you?

    You said "SURVIVORS have tools to counter literally everything a killer can do, but refuse to use them." "Survivors" including me. So that's why I "felt attacked" like you assumed, you were indirectly questioning my perk build.

  • Is it because you're a woman, in chigago, who's scayerereed?

  • @Ssajbambusa said:

    @Phasmamain @ImmersedNurse

    1. Doesn't help killer untill the very end
    2. Can be cleansed
    3. It's possible it won't even proc, because it's super easy to cleanse all totems with Small Game or Counterforce + map. Also cleansing all 5 prolongs the game by 20 seconds, so yeah...
    4. Killer can still be looped easily unless it's Nurse, Spirit, Hag or Slinger
    5. Was nerfed twice already

    How is it a good perk?

    I wouldn't say that noed is a bad perk.

    1. If you bother to cleanse totem to potentially prevent a noed play the perk already did its job since you cleanse dull totem instead of doing gens (different for hex totem or inner strength user).
    2. True
    3. Also true, but you need to realise that cleasning all the totem take 70s, if you add to that the walking and maybe the searching time if you don't bring totem related perks, a solo survivor could have done more than 1 generator instead of cleansing.
    4. More or less true depending on the skill level of the killer. If the killer has a good read on you or mindgame, having noed on top could be quite strong, or it could be useless if the killer can't loop.
    5. According to the wiki the first "Nerf" is either the 1% speed decrease or it being on a totem instead of being 120s and the second is removing a 8% attack recovery speed, also, that last nerf was in patch 2.3.0, so nearly 3 years ago, i think that we can ignore the nerf and say that this perk remained unchanged for a long time.
    6. Can be true, but refers to 3.


    Well, maybe not a lot of players bring those perk because they don't care about countering noed, or they are too addicted to other perks, i have seen both.

    But what if some survivor wants to counter other thing, like stealth killer or prepare in case other won't heal him and for tunneling:

    spine chil, medkit and maybe a healing perk, ds or BT.

    And with that, just like you, their build is centered around the problem that THEY juged the most bothering for them. If noed come after those problems, they won't have any spot in their build for totem perks. But i agree with you that if someone complain all the time (like all the time not for an hour after being beaten by it) about something, they should probably try and counter it.


    Also to refer to the screenshot, it is only my opinion, but i assume that anyone that shame other for running noed or say that it is strong is somewhat entitled. Noed like all hex perk, is high risk / high reward for both side. The killer equip those in hope to get value and that they aren't gone in second. And the same for survivor, you judged that the killer had too much pressure and don't want to do totem well, go for it, but you could expose yourself to a noed play.

    While i know that it isn't as simple as that, it is how it works.

  • @Ssajbambusa said:

    @Phasmamain @ImmersedNurse

    1. Doesn't help killer untill the very end
    2. Can be cleansed
    3. It's possible it won't even proc, because it's super easy to cleanse all totems with Small Game or Counterforce + map. Also cleansing all 5 prolongs the game by 20 seconds, so yeah...
    4. Killer can still be looped easily unless it's Nurse, Spirit, Hag or Slinger
    5. Was nerfed twice already

    How is it a good perk?

    Actually, it isn't even remotely easy to cleanse all 5 dull totems and actually escape. They take anywhere between 2-3 minutes on average if you're really, really trying. Which is a huge time sink that any decent killer can and will use to absolutely ######### slaughter you, especially if they didn't even have NOED the first place.

    Or, to put it another way, it is easy to cleanse all the dulls. It's just that you threw the game to do so.

  • Bunch of baby survivor main are always victims, you can’t win with them. They always try to compete for who the real victims are, they can’t even do bones lol, you can tell these are lazy survivor mains who just want to speed run every game

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    Since when is NOED a bad perk?

    Imo its a bad perk since you have to play with 3 perks for 95% of the match and it can be countered by just leaving or doing bones or if hte hex is placed near the final gen or gate etc. I dont think it should be buffed imo it should be nerfed but just because a perk is unfun doesnt mean that its strong.

  • You guys really shouldn’t let people in chat bother you. Just turn it off for your peace of mind.

  • Maybe they play both sides but just don’t like NOED on Myers?

  • @ouroboros_world said:

    Bunch of baby survivor main are always victims, you can’t win with them. They always try to compete for who the real victims are, they can’t even do bones lol, you can tell these are lazy survivor mains who just want to speed run every game

    Again it's better to not cleanse totems than try to do all 5 of them lmfao.

    image.png

    This totem I saw earlier in the game. Then guess what?

    image.png

    And surprise surprise

    image.png

    It was the totem I'd seen and remembered but hadn't cleansed.

    Now if I had cleansed it, it would've been a different totem we then would have had to find. But it wasn't because not doing bones is a better counter to noed than doing the bones.

    Bunch of baby survivor main are always victims

    Entirely depends on where you look. Twitter is more survivor sided in it's complaints, whilst the forums are definitely mostly killer sided in their complaining. Both sides complain about stupid things, and valid things.

    I know this is a hard concept to come to terms with, but both sides have their problem children.

  • The real meta is in running second chance perks and getting the devs to nerf anything that would require them to change their build.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2491541#Comment_2491541

    Again it's better to not cleanse totems than try to do all 5 of them lmfao.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/ZKMOE8U9C03H/image.png

    This totem I saw earlier in the game. Then guess what?

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/ACF413X12BJL/image.png

    And surprise surprise

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/VDBVD95AJULA/image.png

    It was the totem I'd seen and remembered but hadn't cleansed.

    Now if I had cleansed it, it would've been a different totem we then would have had to find. But it wasn't because not doing bones is a better counter to noed than doing the bones.

    Bunch of baby survivor main are always victims

    Entirely depends on where you look. Twitter is more survivor sided in it's complaints, whilst the forums are definitely mostly killer sided in their complaining. Both sides complain about stupid things, and valid things.

    I know this is a hard concept to come to terms with, but both sides have their problem children.

    Why not run maps? They give you infinite range on all the totems with addons, only one person need a map and all the totems are gone. People act like noed is a automatic guaranteed a 4K, I don’t even use it but I know by time noed activate all survivors are at both exit gates teabagging

  • @ouroboros_world said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2491833#Comment_2491833

    Why not run maps? They give you infinite range on all the totems with addons, only one person need a map and all the totems are gone. People act like noed is a automatic guaranteed a 4K, I don’t even use it but I know by time noed activate all survivors are at both exit gates teabagging

    Solo survivors shouldn't have to use perks, items, add-ons of offerings for information a 4man SWF get for free, and thinking they should exacerbates the continual balance issues in the game <3

  • NOED is an extremely strong perk. Top killer players just didn't need it before mmr because the survivors were complete dopes. Nowadays? Let's just say maybe they would get more kills if they ran it. Lol.

  • @RiskyKara said:

    The real meta is in running second chance perks and getting the devs to nerf anything that would require them to change their build.

    You say this like it doesn't also apply to killers? Just replace second chance perks with gen regression perks.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2491842#Comment_2491842

    You say this like it doesn't also apply to killers? Just replace second chance perks with gen regression perks.

    Oh it goes both ways you're absolutely correct but the OP was talking about NOED so I responded exclusively to that.

  • @RiskyKara said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2491969#Comment_2491969

    Oh it goes both ways you're absolutely correct but the OP was talking about NOED so I responded exclusively to that.

    Okay that's fair lol, I just wanted to check

  • You make a valid point about how solo's who fear Noed should a totem perk all you need is one. And if MMR works (Which it doesn't) then You should be able to rely on your team to loop and do gens. I mean let's be fair we bring noed because we expect gens to fly. I don't bring it unless it's part of the build. But to each their own. And yes it's very annoying to get hit by it as a solo survivor believe me it's very frustrating when a clown has it and the last Gen pops while your in chase.

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    NOED is an extremely strong perk. Top killer players just didn't need it before mmr because the survivors were complete dopes. Nowadays? Let's just say maybe they would get more kills if they ran it. Lol.

    Rancor gaming, your on first hook obsession? Like hell you are come here