I wish SBMM really meant Sweat Squads vs Sweaty Killers

image.png image.png

(Sample of my recent games since SBMM)

Look okay, I'm just a Hillbilly Main who wants to vibe with my Banjo music.

I don't want to get Farm Maps 5 games straight in a row because of offerings. I also don't want to face SWFs with the best perks they can Bring and the best items BP can buy.

I wish the expectation of "SBMM = Sweat Squads vs Sweaty Killers" is true.

Comments

  • Felt this. I know it's only been out for a few days and is still trying to find stability, but right now it has brought out the extremes to both sides, and it's really unfun to play either side right now. I've had matches where I try to be chill and get rewarded with a big fat loss in less than a few minutes.

  • Technically it's "you will go up against players who are at the same level of skill as you when you use your chosen playstyle". So someone playing casually can still go up against 4-man SWF with meta perks if they're really good.

    From your score screens, though, I'm guessing you're not playing casually at all - you're going for the win.

  • @Viciusaurus said:

    Felt this. I know it's only been out for a few days and is still trying to find stability, but right now it has brought out the extremes to both sides, and it's really unfun to play either side right now. I've had matches where I try to be chill and get rewarded with a big fat loss in less than a few minutes.

    MMR isn't a one-time thing. You don't lose one trial and then immediately get easier opponents. It's statistical, meaning it needs to take into account a prolonged period of time.

  • The first one's a bit rough but the results of the second one look ideal coz it's a 50/50

    Edit wait a minute I misread the first one as you getting a 1k not a 3k, it looks rougher on the survivors now I'm looking at it properly you seemed to do pretty well???

  • I miss the point your screenshots are supposed to make. The first team can't be labeled as a sweat squad in any sort of way. Not even remotely.

    The second one was trying harder than the first one, looking at the perks they were very unlikely to be a a 4-man, and overall it looks like you had a balanced match going by the score and kills.

    Looking at the killer's loadout, I see 3 out of 4 meta perks for Billy's. Definitely not a full gamer's build, but not a vibing/chilling one either. I'd say it's more or less in line with the builds of survivor team 2, which coincidentially appeared to be an even match. Swap Enduring for some slowdown and that's how far (or close) you are from full meta.

  • I don't see the point of your post. You went against two "sweaty" teams and got a 2k and a 3k with around 28k points on both. Those are excellent results so you'll probably keep going against those teams. Or do you want a "casual" team for an easy 4k?

    Edit: the first one can't even be labeled as sweaty in any point in time. The best item in the lobby are yellow medkits with brown addons, and there's someone running fricking Any Means Necessary. Even the second is arguable with those two Self Cares.

  • Sorry but after reading your argument and looking at your first picture, I have to believe you don't know what "sweat squads" are. Some people are using meta perks, like you were also using.

    The second picture is more like a "sweat squad". They are running extremely strong items and running some really good perks, but not every perk is amazing. I don't understand why they are running self care with medkits so it makes me feel like they aren't the smartest.