I'm curious what SBMM is keying off of?
Ok so I decided to pause get my head in a good place because hey its only a game and its meant to be fun.
So after coming back for several more games I'm still getting destroyed, with often only 1 hook to show for it.
What does the SBMM system key off of... chases won, hits, hooks, kills?
And does it decrease at all?
Because the last run of games have me getting 1 hook and only a couple of downs that escaped due to sabo and insta heals.
After 4 or 5 games of this should I expect to "derank" in MMR rating or do you win a few games hit a max and then are just screwed till reset?
I appreciate the fact that these teams have just smashed the gens and left with very little trolling. Its a deserved GG they played well, but it doesn't feel like the promised balance SBMM is meant to bring.
I'm genuinly curious how it works at this point.
Survivors are starting to appologise to me for the bad match up its like some bizarro universe.
Comments
The new skill based system has nothing to do with the emblem system and the ranks you see at the end of the game. Those are meaningless. We don't know how they are determining "skill", but it is safe to assume that it will take some time before everyone drops into the positions they belong and we start seeing more balanced games. It's not going to happen after a small number of games. There will be a lot of ups and downs for a while.
I believe it is mostly based on kills. I know what they said, blah blah blah, I trust my own testing a bit more than their word.
I know all of this but after three days of playing you'd expect some level of evening out. It aint happening.
I'm curious what parameters determine SBMM. At the moment it appears arbitrary.
Yeah I guess if they want to balance around kills and its set for 2k being the average, then a typical game will net you 1-2K and an exceptional game will net you 3-4 which means SBMM is working as intended and this current crap is the new thing.
Yet again we get survive by daylight not dead by daylight.
I don't think it's based on Kills mostly and I'll tell you why. I've been playing trickster without perks, without addons and without using his daggers and after about 5 games i was put in an MMR so low that i was consistenly 4ks without sweating, still without using daggers. The specific killer power I bet it has A LOT of influence on your MMR, probably a multiplicative in their calculations, I'm getting better results as a 110 killer than with Blight using alchemist's ring.
I wish I was going down, but keep getting destroyed by elite teams over and over again.
I've lost track of how many people have told me I'm crap, a piece of #########, should die of cancer, hope my family die of covid, that I should kill myself.
This community is terrible.
It's so sad, I've been told these exact same things word by word "hope your entire family dies of covid" because i secured a kill in end game, and the funniest thing is that people seem even more toxic when you lose as killer than when you win.
It takes more time than that to accumulate data, and find where you belong, and where everyone else belongs in relation to you. Everybody was starting from zero, and not starting at the same time. If it takes everything into consideration, including maps and killers that the survivors have gone against, it could take a while before it can establish where everyone belongs.
From a very simplistic standpoint, we can look at flipping a coin. If you flip a coin, you could flip tails 10 times in a row. Would we then assume that the coin has a 100% chance to come up tails? No. More data, and testing is needed. Ten more time, 9 tails, one head. Still more data needed. It is only as we approach extremely high numbers that we can get an accurate establishment of 50/50. Now imagine a much more complex system with a lot more factors that they have to work from, and compare it to others with equally as many factors. It is going to take time.
They are not going to tell us what parameters it is using, but I would assume that it would be based on chase times, and whether you win the chase, hits, downs, hooks. Ideally it would also consider maps, and perks used, though I doubt perks will be a factor. Obviously, it will factor in the killer you are using. But, it also factors the survivor stats. They could have a lot of bad games in a row because they were paired with potato survivors. Or they could be really good, but did not start playing on the day the new system was implemented, so they have a lower score, or they have just not played that many games in that time. It's not going to magically work out in just a few days.
Between the 9th and 10th (after the night of the 8th being close and fair matches), my Myers has been against survivors where, match after match for 20-30 matches, I an sweating my balls off just for 1 or 2 hooks in a match.
And in no time during all that did it adjust my MMR lower. It was like it boosted my MMR after the balanced matches that I won on the 8th (and they were all very, very close games as they should have been) to put me into an MMR where I can't even manage hooks in a match. And has left me there to rot.
The system isn't adjusting me back downward at all. And if, from my 20-30 matches of my arse getting absolutely steamrolled, it doesn't understand that I am not of the MMR level, I'm not inclined to keep playing and chewing glass for it to eventually (maybe) finally figure it out.
And I'm sure as hell not doing this on my entire killer roster.
I haven't logged in since Friday night. I gave up.
Oh god the condescension is palpable. I know how data works I work with it every day in massive amounts, mansplaining +10.
Your coin example states nothing relevant other than its takes a lot of data to make predictions, yeah obviously.
If SBMM works as it should what you should see, are spikes and dips in game experience over multiple games rather than consistent poor match ups. Its obviously matching poorly but its over estimating one end of that poor match up. I'm curious what it keys of of because it seems to be doing a poor job self correcting. Even after a week of solid play.
That's my experience too. Even with 1 hook and very little success multiple games in a row, there doesn't seem to be any kind of down correction. I just keep getting the same hardcore matchups over and over. Its almost as if its over estimating the high end of play meaning even one hit or hook is insanely valuable to boosting your MMR.
I've had the same experience when switching out to killers I never or rarely play. Once again the match ups are highly coordinated teams that absolutely destroy me where I get 1 - 2 hooks at best.
My survivor experience follows the same trend I get highly coordinated team mates who play well and even if the killer does well 1on 1 we still destroy them and all escape because enough gets done during chases that they just don't have a chance to counter the whole team.
Its getting to a point where a lot of games end in just someone gets face camped from 3 gens onward or the killer just stares at a corner afk then opens the gates for us.
Either way its doesn't seem like much fun for anyone, except a few survivors who like to rub it in the faces of killers in the endgame chat. Which is starting to tire me out no matter what side I'm playing.