Pinhead and Solo Queue
He might be weak against SWF who can communicate, break chains for each other while solving the box etc. but I swear he is SO annoying to face in solo queue. 90% of my teammates wont EVER touch the box so I am the one having to leave gens, run across the map and pick it up just for the killer to immediately drop whatever chase he was on cause their "Horder" proc'd.
Most games go like that. No one goes for box, I go, Horder procs or he teleports when I am solving the puzzle, Killer starts chasing me, I go down eventually, chain hunt activates and either my team tries to do gens while getting annoyed by chains or they don't do ANYTHING. They still won't go for the box for reasons that are beyond my understanding.
I am close to just suiciding when I hear the Pinhead audio queue cause 90% of my matches go like that.
Comments
Agree with this wholeheartedly
He's in this weird state where he's very weak against SWFs and obnoxiously strong and annoying against most of soloQ (save for the very rare times where most/all of your teammates are competent)
I'm not quite sure what they could do to close this gap, honestly
Seems more fun when vs him solo. Keep getting lots of swf when I go to play him. Usually take the cube hostage right before the hunt and work gens until pinhead goes for a pickup, then solve.
He is, in fact, a 1v4 killer. This is what survivors in the forums asked for.
That (like I said) only works in a SWF. Cause people can communicate who is getting chased/working on a gen etc. So they can time it perfectly. In solo queue. You have to PRAY your team does ANYTHING useful while you carry the box, which like I said probably won't happen...
Yeah, I can't say I have been having that much fun playing him for that very reason. Whenever I win, it just feels like I've won due to SoloQ reasons and when I lose, it just feels like the Survivors were competent enough to beat a slightly stronger Clown. I know he's not been out for long enough to make a proper opinion, but those are the first impressions I'm having after few days of playing him.
Despite all the threads claiming he is under powered I have to say I agree. I play solo q and he is incredibly obnoxious to play against for me personally. On small maps he is quite unbearable too. The chains constantly attaching to you is nothing short of annoying and there being no safe way of using the box guarantees that he will always chase you if you're the one doing it. So you can either do the box and be hooked or not do the box and suffer a long drawn out match where doing anything is so drawn out it's just not enjoyable. I'm not one to condone DCing but I wouldn't blame people in solo q if they did.
Meant that the last part is what I do as a solo survivor. Sbmm has given me more reliable teammates, so I'm not as hesitant on using plays that require them to be efficient.
Solve it when he downs someone and picks them up, he can't telepory to you unless the hook was RIGHT there.
Oh Lord yes. And I've seen Pinhead to the point where I want to vomit when I hear the gong of the puzzle box when I load in a match.
Most survivors I match with seem to be downright allergic to the box. One time I was the only person doing it until I was injured and out of heals. I'm working on a generator, and I think; "No. Surely one of the healthy survivors will go for the box".
Oh hell no. That would be ridiculous.
Yeah I tried doing that, like when I am injured and have to go for it cause no one else does. I pick it up and wait for him to down the person he is chasing but most of the time he will drop the chase he is on and go for me instead because Horder tells him my exact position.
Edit: I even had it happen a few times that he will slug and just to go for me and the box. So the other guy who never was on hook gets picked up while I will end up getting hooked again for daring to touch his dumb box.